1991 BX TZD Turbo estate

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

1991 BX TZD Turbo estate

Post by jonathan_dyane »

As some will know, I recently became an XM owner, and due to finances and space, I'm really going to have to let the BX go.

I got the car last November, with a somewhat dodgy engine, and have since put in a known good engine which was ex David Rutherford via Bandit. I took the opportunity to fit a new clutch and cable at the same time, and also timing belt, water pump and accumulator sphere. In the few thousand miles since then the car has been totally trouble free, and hasn't used any oil and water (at least since I tightened up a hoseclip I'd overlooked :-P).

Interior of the car is very tidy, with the exception of two small holes in the dash where some git has had a hands free kit mounted. The external bodywork polishes up well, and the car does look smart *however* a corner of the tailgate is cracked, there is a small scratch on one back wing, and the black paint on the window frames is thin in places as is common. Generally though, the car looks well, and is almost rust-free.

Mechanically I have no reservations about the car, it drives well, and the suspension is good. No signs of rear arm bearing issues, smooth suspension and all pipework looks good. The only niggles the car has are as follows:

1) On a cold day it does the thing where until the car has warmed up the power steering is erratic. I suspect this is a tired hydraulic pump.

2) The heater control is stiff, and in order to rectify this it would need a new tap, or apparently they can be dismantled and cleaned. I've always just put up with it, but its not a terrible job (accessible in the footwell).

3) On starting it likes two shots of the glowplugs to start when cold.

I've just put a new MOT on the car, and it is taxed until the end of December.

I think £350 is fair, and the car is in Durham. The link beneath contains the photos I was provided with when I bought the car last year. Aside from fitting wider wheels and Xantia trims, the car looks much the same today, however I will take some new photos and post them over the next couple of days.

http://s449.photobucket.com/albums/qq22 ... auncefoot/
"Boring damned people. All over the earth. Propagating more boring damned people. What a horror show. The earth swarmed with them." -Charles Bukowski
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

Sounds a fair price to me mate! Will this leave you BX-less?
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

BX Bandit wrote:Sounds a fair price to me mate! Will this leave you BX-less?
I'm afraid so, but I'll not be leaving the fold :wink:
"Boring damned people. All over the earth. Propagating more boring damned people. What a horror show. The earth swarmed with them." -Charles Bukowski
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit

Post by BX Bandit »

Glad you're sticking around mate. Good luck selling the BX. Actually, now I think about it, wasn't the chap who lives in Ireland after another estate? I can't remember his name but posted up a link to one of his music videos as he's a singer/songwriter.
1990 BX TGD White
rob-81
BXpert

Post by rob-81 »

Max Greenwood?
19 TGD estate
17 TZD Turbo hatch
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit

Post by BX Bandit »

/\ That's the chap. May be worth a PM JD!
1990 BX TGD White
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

I'll give the man a courtesy PM, thanks for the tip :wink:
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

New photo's below. Also thought I'd say that the car has a radio/CD player, and that I have fitted the temperature gauge off a GTI instrument panel.

Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Nice tidy car that, I do love the interior!
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
c90cassette
Confirmed BX'er

hi jonathan

Post by c90cassette »

hi it looks really nice sorry you are selling and is a bargain!!!!!how is the xm going?bye rob
hi i am rob in liverpool 1989 bx 17 dtr turbo
Magpi
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Magpi »

mmmmmmmm

why must i have to make the choice between a bx and paying bond on an apartment
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

Still here, last chance before I put her on ebay...
ash2020

Post by ash2020 »

Is it still for sale. V. interested.
Cheers
Andrew
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit

Post by BX Bandit »

I can't believe it's been on sale for 3 weeks already! Looks a very tidy car JD, lets hope ash2020 can give it a good home!
1990 BX TGD White
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Selling BXs on here is always a problem, as weve all got one, or four, as as much as we would like another its not practical. Im trying to talk myself out of buying no 5 and not doing well!
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....