wanted

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
BX596
BXpert

wanted

Post by BX596 »

Heater matrix
Anybody got one?
What's involved in changing it,if the weather ever gets warm enough :twisted:
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

I might have one Dean and it's not too bad a job, but they're not too expensive to buy new. Ask Malcolm for a price, oh :idea: and well you're at it, ask him for a price for an XM one as well :evil:
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

I bought one here new for €35 last year - I think perhaps fitting a second hand one would be a false economy especially as I think it's harder to change on the right hand drive versions. Is yours leaking into the footwell then?
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
BX596
BXpert

Post by BX596 »

ken newbold wrote:I might have one Dean and it's not too bad a job, but they're not too expensive to buy new. Ask Malcolm for a price, oh :idea: and well you're at it, ask him for a price for an XM one as well :evil:
don't know if he'll be open today,but I'll give him a try later.I'll also give AEP a ring.
BX596
BXpert

Post by BX596 »

Yours is £33 + VAT,24 hours notice required.mine is (hopefully) next Wednesday,price unknown.If you want to go through with me,give me a shout
BX596
BXpert

Post by BX596 »

toddao wrote:I bought one here new for €35 last year - I think perhaps fitting a second hand one would be a false economy especially as I think it's harder to change on the right hand drive versions. Is yours leaking into the footwell then?
I didn't know BX TZD's came with a foot spa as standard :wink: :twisted: Until now
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Could do, provided you promise not let let Malcolm sell me anything else :evil: humbug :lol:
citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

here's the part No. and price from the dealer, trade inc VAT

Part Number Description Quantity Price excl. VAT Price incl. VAT Total incl. VAT Selection
95495316 HEATER 80.70 GBP 92.81 GBP 92.81 GBP

regards malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
H reg CX saffari 2.5 TRI (now gone to Malaysia)
R reg xantia 1.9TD est (gone to meet its maker)
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

Is that Citroen prices above?

BX596 wrote
I didn't know BX TZD's came with a foot spa as standard Until now
If it has been leaking into the footwell for some time then possibly it has soaked into the insulation under the carpet. Unfortunately this insulation is almost impossible to dry out once impregnated with coolant - I left mine out in the sun for days without any luck. And of course coolant soaked insulation makes for good rust generation and this is what had happened with mine!
It shouldn't be too hard to find a replacement piece of insulation if this has occurred.
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
BX596
BXpert

Post by BX596 »

OK,then,I need some advise
How do I get the little devil out?
What breaks,cos I'm sure to break it,
Will my car be on the road for next year?
TBH,after a week and 1/2 of driving my dad's picasso,my love affair with the BX may be coming to an end
Again,TBH,I don't look likle getting a pay rise (again) next year,so the BX may live on a while 8) :D
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

It aint a fun job Dean..
You can do it without removing the dash, but since removing the dash is not a huge job then it's often easier..

The matrix will seperate from the tap, but you'll need to unscrew the tap from the heater box.
If you're deft then you remove the blower motor and remove the 4 10mm bolts holding the heater box to the shell.
From inside the car, undo the heater tap, and undo the cross head screw (s) so that the tap is free floating.

Remove the steering clomn shroud and anyother tat in the way! Of which there is a bit..
The matrix is held into the heater box by more of them self tapping cross head screws. In essence you can undo them and slid the thing out towards the O/S of the car with the heater box in situ, but you can't get it all the way out since the steering colomn is in the way, hence the need to slacken the heater box off so you can tip it down enough for the matrix to clear the colomn.
There's a bit more to it than that, but it's late, and I'm dying of smokers lung / man flu, so I'll post some more crap at a more decent hour..
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
BX596
BXpert

Post by BX596 »

It's in :D
IT LEAKETH NO MORE :D
It's getting warm :D
Thanks for the advice lads,I did manage to get it out without buggering about with the heater box,but removed the steering column and did a bit of panel beating (my favourite bit :wink: :twisted: )
BONUS :- I didn't break anything :P
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Never mind what the rest of em said. I knew you could do it :D

Happy warm new year. :lol:
BX596
BXpert

Post by BX596 »

ken newbold wrote:Never mind what the rest of em said. I knew you could do it :D

Happy warm new year. :lol:
Thanks for the vote of conifdence,mate.Maybe I could take on the role of BX guru from you and Chris,or maybe not.Anyways,A happy new big hammering new year to you all
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Never doubted your ability for a second mate.
Nor am I a guru of anything!
Glad it's sorted, and indeed, a very happy new year to you and yours mate!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...