FDV

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
BX nut
Confirmed BX'er

FDV

Post by BX nut »

Hi. Does anyone have, and want to part with for the right price, an FDV for my 1.9diesel lump, 1993. Mine's been weaping for years but it's slowly getting worse so i need to replace it before it lets me down.
Thanks in advance :D :D :D
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Erm, I probably have one that isn't shagged somewhere..

If you can leave it with me for a week or so I'll see what their is in the stock pile of random crap..
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
DFF53
Confirmed BX'er

Post by DFF53 »

Why dont you rebuild it , only takes effort and time as the kit costs 20-30 pounds. No point just replacing an Fdv unless you know it has been rebuilt right. I just bought a kit here in NZ and it cost $100 dollars, though i still havent got round to rebuilding it.
Grenouille Rouge
BX nut
Confirmed BX'er

Post by BX nut »

That is my plan to rebuild one but I need the car for my daily transport so I thought if I could find another I could rebuild that whilst still being able to use the car. Never having touched an FDV before I thought that would be the safer option. :D :D
djm666
BXpert

fdv

Post by djm666 »

i got 4 of them.lol. i trying to get a rebuild service going.lol.
David Musk

TXD Turbo 92
4X4 Estate 90
CX25GTi Turbo 85
DFF53
Confirmed BX'er

Re: fdv

Post by DFF53 »

djm666 wrote:i got 4 of them.lol. i trying to get a rebuild service going.lol.
4 fdvs or 4 rebuild kits? Anyway bishops were going to charge me 125+gst for the kit but they said they could also rebuild my fdv for the same price but doesnt include everything in the rebuild kit.

It is not a bad idea getting getting that rebuilding service going. There is a guy based down in the S.Island as well that sells new spheres for about $85 and they include a to year waranty.
Grenouille Rouge
djm666
BXpert

fdv

Post by djm666 »

yeah he is in dunedin i think.
i got fdv's but i importing new kits soon.
i can get almost everything still. there are only a few little things that go wrong on these cars, i will never hear a bad word said about them.
have been all over the place in them, and people are amazed when i chase hilux 4wd's up the hills around queenstown last year.
David Musk

TXD Turbo 92
4X4 Estate 90
CX25GTi Turbo 85
DFF53
Confirmed BX'er

Post by DFF53 »

Lol , yeah i am surprised with my cars response and ability, and thats only with the 105hp carb engine. I am considering making it fuel injected at some stage, for the extra power and economy.
Grenouille Rouge