**New** (almost) Turbo Diesel cylinder head for sale

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
RKM
Confirmed BX'er

**New** (almost) Turbo Diesel cylinder head for sale

Post by RKM »

Bumping this topic back up...

When I bought my BX, I bought another one for spares, which belonged to a very good family friend. His cylinder head cracked, and so he bought a brand new shell (at a cost of over £750), had new valves installed and he fitted his second-hand cam and injectors to it.

While testing the engine on the road, to set the turbo up (as he had a new one fitted as well), the octopus pipe failed, and so, deciding he had had enough, he sold me the car for spares. I took the head off and have stored it for the past 7 years.

So, there you have it, a almost new cylinder head that has covered around 70 miles.

What's it worth? £100?

R
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

Hi Rob,

AFAIK "Mulley" is still needing one (If you look at his signature '1993 TZD Turbo SORN - still kaput' ) unless he's sourced one now ?

I'm sure he'll be looking at the forum over the week end so he can update us maybe ?

RxBX :D
RKM
Confirmed BX'er

Post by RKM »

not sure really. I am also selling a pair of front struts for £50 but it seems that no body thinks that their BX is worth a good spare set...

R