Black GTi 4x4 for sale

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Vince Pepper
Confirmed BX'er
My Cars: 1989 PH2 16v. White
Seat Leon FR. Whiter

Black GTi 4x4 for sale

Post by Vince Pepper »

Thought I would put it on here first, i'm selling my 1990 4x4 GTI. It needs work as its been off the road for 7 years, needs welding on the drivers door top hinge which has come away from the car, the exhaust has a fosters beer can wrapped around the pipe near the backbox but it still blows ( surprise ), will need a good service and cambelt change as its been stood so long and some other bits too.
The good news is its very original, looks really tidy, has 4 new dunlop tyres, new Bosch silver battery ( 5 year guarantee ) and it runs and rises and I have driven it a short distance up the country lane where I live.

If anyone would like to know more get in touch, I will put it on Ebay next week.
Current cars,
BX 16v 1989 white,
Seat Leon FR
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

What's happened? :? For a hardcore purchase in October, to give up within 4 months seems a little lame on one of these rare models.

Are there VERY serious issues with this car?
1991 BX19GTi Auto
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I expect the exhaust alone would see off most, they're hard to find and very expensive.

It'd be interesting to see some pictures and have an idea of price.
Vauxhall apologist.
Vince Pepper
Confirmed BX'er
Seat Leon FR. Whiter

Post by Vince Pepper »

Way2go wrote:What's happened? :? For a hardcore purchase in October, to give up within 4 months seems a little lame on one of these rare models.

Are there VERY serious issues with this car?
I know it does seem like a lame attempt :oops: I bought this on the spur of the moment as a project for myself and my 2 stepsons, the original plan was to buy a 306 GTi 6 but then the 4x4 came up and well the rest is history.
There was an initial flurry of enthusiasm from the boys, we got it running cleaned it up, then finally got to drive it up the lane ( great day ), it has been ignored since.
I have just bought an Audi RS6 and as a result the BX has been relegated to outside parking ( the 6 has stolen its nice warm garage ) I don't want to see it parked up for another 7 years so feel it best to sell it, hopefully to someone who can and will get her back on the road.

Does it have " very serious issues " ? I don't think so but I'm no expert, it looks great, lovely shiny paintwork, panels are very straight,the interior shows hardly any signs of wear, all the windows have the reg number etched even the screen and the wheels have the reg number on too, it has a gearstick anti-theft device which were all the rage in the nineties, all little tell tale signs of a genuine car.
It will need money spending on it, the exhaust could be patched up, maybe, as the rest looks pretty good, I have been quoted £150 by a good mobile welder to do the door hinge/pillar and then cambelt/service and the brakes may need work as its stood so long ( they do stop the car in a straight line from my little test drive ) and who knows what else will come to light when you can actually give it a proper going over.

It needs to go to someone who can afford to put both time and or money into it as I imagine it will cost at least another £500 to get it to mot standard if not doing the work yourself. but as we know there are very few 4x4 left, they only come up once in a blue moon and they wont be making anymore, I think people are waking up to the fact that BXs are becoming classics and the rarest are usually the most desirable.
I will try and upload some photos, but have struggled in the past but I can email some if anyone is interested, if not take a look next week on Ebay from next sunday.
Nigel Bickle
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Nigel Bickle »

You have pm.
BX Gti,
HY van
djm666
BXpert

Post by djm666 »

you have got to be keen with the 4x4. you have got to got stainless exhuast rebuild the tfansfer and gearbox. good luck finding a new exhaust for a pattern. then you have the other problems that go with them.
but other than that they are a really good car. i love mine. pisses all over subaru legacys climbing a snow covered mountain.
David Musk

TXD Turbo 92
4X4 Estate 90
CX25GTi Turbo 85
akarso
Confirmed BX'er

Post by akarso »

djm666 wrote:pisses all over subaru legacys climbing a snow covered mountain.
I must convert mine to 4x4 then 8)
1993 BX GTi 16V Auto
1993 subaru legacy turbo
djm666
BXpert

Post by djm666 »

4x4 if you can handle it.
thay are the ones to have.
David Musk

TXD Turbo 92
4X4 Estate 90
CX25GTi Turbo 85
akarso
Confirmed BX'er

Post by akarso »

djm666 wrote:4x4 if you can handle it.
I've got one, only it's subaru legacy :D

I could compare them side by side if I would be able to convert BX to 4x4. Time will tell.
1993 BX GTi 16V Auto
1993 subaru legacy turbo
talbotsteve
Confirmed BX'er

Post by talbotsteve »

akarso wrote:
djm666 wrote:4x4 if you can handle it.
I've got one, only it's subaru legacy :D
quote]

MMMM Legacy, my 3rd favourite behind the BX and Sunbeam, have you been on http://www.uklegacy.com/forums/index.php?&&CODE=00# by any chance?? excellent site :D

Bump for the 4x4 BX......
Steve
djm666
BXpert

Post by djm666 »

no i will have a look into it.
i got rid of my legacy a year ago. i now have a discovery for the major towing and 4x4 off road jobs. seems to be pulling the weight. i rebuilt the engine in jan, has the old buick style engine. 3.9, not good on fuel but the legacy wasent either.
they are all good cars.
i see it as long as your having fun it is all ok.
so is your legacy turbo?? i have 2.5 non turbo and a twin turbo 2.0. they were both fun to drive.
bx is more fun in the snow though.
David Musk

TXD Turbo 92
4X4 Estate 90
CX25GTi Turbo 85
akarso
Confirmed BX'er

Post by akarso »

djm666 wrote: so is your legacy turbo?? i have 2.5 non turbo and a twin turbo 2.0. they were both fun to drive.
2.0 turbo, stainless exhaust 2.5", TD04L for better spoolup, MBC, short shifter, remap... 0-100 in 6 sec. Best car I've ever driven.
djm666 wrote:bx is more fun in the snow though.
if it's even more fun than subaru then I must definitely go for it 8)
1993 BX GTi 16V Auto
1993 subaru legacy turbo
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

djm666 wrote:i now have a discovery for the major towing and 4x4 off road jobs. seems to be pulling the weight. i rebuilt the engine in jan, has the old buick style engine. 3.9, not good on fuel
LPG conversion FTW! Assuming you are doing the miles/keeping it long enough to make it pay for itself. Is LPG available as a pump fuel over there?

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
christhelion
BXpert

Post by christhelion »

how much would one pay for a clean exhaust from the downpipe backwards?
1992 BX GTi 4x4 in silver with all the extras. (sold and missed)
2000 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-9R E1
2000 Gilera DNA 50
2000 Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec
2009 Ford Focus ST-3 225
Borrowed 2006 Kawasaki ZZR 1400
Vince Pepper
Confirmed BX'er
Seat Leon FR. Whiter

Post by Vince Pepper »

Will be on Ebay this evening.
Current cars,