BX TXD K reg

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
alab
Confirmed BX'er

BX TXD K reg

Post by alab »

Evening all!
I have reluctantly decided to sell my BX. Some of you will remember it from last year, I bought it through this forum, it is the red one with those nasty windscreen pillars.
Due to me working away from home more and more it has been sitting unused since December, and as it looks like I will be away for several more weeks I don't want it sitting around any longer or it will be nicked!

Therefore it has no tax or MOT. (MOT expired in mid Jan).

It is a K reg TXD in red, mostly very good paintwork. Overall condition is excellent, all the usual rust spots are perfect.
Fantastic engine (1.9D), drives very well.
Electrics and interior very good.
Excellent hydraulics, new spheres last year. Rear arm bearings done last year.
Full service last year. Some history.
CD player (crap, but works!).
Clean LHM.
Front struts good, although after sitting for a long time they are a bit sticky to rise. In every day use they are fine.
116000 miles.
Reasonable tyres.

Bad points. Exhaust blowing, I am 99% sure it is the centre joint being loose, and not rust.
Small rust hole on the O/S inner wing, near the sphere mounting, next to the chassis plate.
Very small dent on O/S rear wing.
The windscreen pillars!! Rusty in places and covered in black mastic in some places. Been an MOT advisory several times, but not a fail. If you have bodywork skills I am sure it would not be difficult to fix.
No wheel trims makes the car look awful, but that is a minor issue!
Can't think of anything else at the moment

Of the 4 BXs I have owned this is by far the best, I will be sorry to see it go, but I have a van for work, and I have fallen in love with a Daimler... :shock: So I really don't need another car!

Car is near Tonbridge in Kent.
I will not be giving it away, and I will not be breaking it. I would rather keep it and put it back on the road in the summer!
Looking for about £100 and the promise of a good home.

Photos can be viewed here, http://s790.photobucket.com/albums/yy188/alabphotos/BX/

Any question, PM me, or reply to this!

Cheers, Alastair 8)
Stinkwheel
1K Away

Post by Stinkwheel »

thats gotta be a bargain for someone. good luck with the sale.
Doctor Of Gonzo Journalism!!!
93 BX TZD Estate
90 BX 14TE St Tropez
93 BX 19 TXD Estate
92 BX 16TXi
77 Ami 8 Break
79 Acadiane
81 Dyane6
84 2CV6
85 GSA saloon rally car
To slightly mis-quote Kitch ... "BX 14. They're just brilliant!"
alab
Confirmed BX'er

Post by alab »

Stinkwheel wrote:thats gotta be a bargain for someone. good luck with the sale.
Thanks! I think it is a bargain, as it is generally a very good example. I hope I can find a good home for it! Although I wouldn't be that upset if I ended up keeping it :P
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

alab wrote:Although I wouldn't be that upset if I ended up keeping it :P
Then take a leaf out of Will's book :lol: :wink:

Be in no doubt that these days these lovely cars are becoming worth saving if possible: there are going to be precious few about soon enough!

http://www.bxclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11820
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v