bx estate

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

docchevron wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

I find picture 23.18B on page 57 of Haynes 1379 Citroën Diesel engine manual very arousing....
Is that a case of "would you look at the greasy nipples on that!"
this might be a signature
Lester
BXpert

Post by Lester »

SILVER SLIPPER 11 wrote:lester 11 means two not eleven stop the insults BORING
Even younger mental age then :twisted:

I would ask you how old you are but I know you can't count that high.
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

Well, it would appear that Mr. Silver Slipper was in no way serious about this car, as after saying I'd have it and asking for contact details and the location of the car, he responded with none of the needed information and asked for my address, which is something he does not need if I'm going to collect the car.

Pointed out to him that I asked where the car is located and that I still need a contact phone number.

Response? Nothing at all.

Mr. Silver Slipper. Are you a con-artist? Because if not, you're doing a damn good job of looking like one.
this might be a signature
Linegeist
BXpert

Post by Linegeist »

I'm curious here .... on other forums I'm involved with, we'd simply ban people like this obvious halfwit. When they try and pop back up (they're generally easy to spot with their lack of social abilities and the attitudes of weasels with piles) we simply ban' em again. They usually bugger off permanently after a couple of applications.

Why are you guys so patient with bottom feeders? :?

Just asking, like ................
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Linegeist wrote:I'm curious here .... on other forums I'm involved with, we'd simply ban people like this obvious halfwit. When they try and pop back up (they're generally easy to spot with their lack of social abilities and the attitudes of weasels with piles) we simply ban' em again. They usually bugger off permanently after a couple of applications.

Agreed! lets show him the door!
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Roverman wrote:
Linegeist wrote:I'm curious here .... on other forums I'm involved with, we'd simply ban people like this obvious halfwit. When they try and pop back up (they're generally easy to spot with their lack of social abilities and the attitudes of weasels with piles) we simply ban' em again. They usually bugger off permanently after a couple of applications.

Agreed! lets show him the door!
What, and get rid of the free entertainment you mean :lol:
They think it's all over, it is now!
Linegeist
BXpert

Post by Linegeist »

:lol: But where's the challenge in crossing mental swords with a one-armed, brain-dead retard like willy-waver here? :shock: :wink:

(I can actually see your point Ken, but can't help thinking it's like wading though cowshit simply because it's really nice when you stop..........) :twisted:
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Linegeist wrote:
(I can actually see your point Ken, but can't help thinking it's like wading though cowshit simply because it's really nice when you stop..........) :twisted:
:lol: true enough, but I suppose there'll be another one waiting round the next bend :lol:
They think it's all over, it is now!
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

Better the Devil you know, I say.
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

I'm trying to keep my personal opinions (rightly or wrongly) out of the 'shall we ban him' decision.
I may be coming across as too soft in the eyes of the majority of people on here, I don't know. But if I banned people on the basis that I (and others) thought they were 'a bit dodgy', I'm not sure whether that would be completely fair either.
The whole situation is out in the open, and members are free to make up their own minds about the trustworthiness of Silver Slipper, or indeed, anyone else on here.

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Linegeist
BXpert

Post by Linegeist »

mat_fenwick wrote:......... members are free to make up their own minds about the trustworthiness of Silver Slipper, or indeed, anyone else on here.
Ah! :shock:

<Ducks, looks around furtively .... and quietly slinks away> Image
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

mat_fenwick wrote:I'm trying to keep my personal opinions (rightly or wrongly) out of the 'shall we ban him' decision.
I may be coming across as too soft in the eyes of the majority of people on here, I don't know. But if I banned people on the basis that I (and others) thought they were 'a bit dodgy', I'm not sure whether that would be completely fair either.
The whole situation is out in the open, and members are free to make up their own minds about the trustworthiness of Silver Slipper, or indeed, anyone else on here.
That's a very fair way of looking at it Mat and not a hysterical outburst.
Personally speaking I'd say we have pretty much concrete evidence of him ripping someone off (Tourist) and whilst I seriously doubt anyone of us would buy anything off him there is always the chance that he'll advertise other stuff on here and a newcomer to the forum may be tempted to buy whatever crap he's trying to offload.
Vauxhall apologist.
SILVER SLIPPER 11
Confirmed BX'er

Post by SILVER SLIPPER 11 »

:D :D :D :D :D you lot just get better ,DAVID you have pm
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

Do we not think we are being a bit OTT to this guy?

I'm fully aware that James bought a car off him but James did go and view the condition of the car and test drive it before making up his own mind what he thought it was worth and was willing to bid for it. The patch of weld on the sill was in full view with no attempt made to conceal it. It was then decided the Turbo was knackered even thought there was no smoke? If indeed it was a knackered turbo the car was 22 years old???? James himself said he was realy pleased with the car and pleased with it's condition. James ended up scrapping the car after he stripped it in a farm yard without any mechanical knowledge and then lost interest when he needed to put it back together as he was required to move the car. None of this was Silver Slippers fault but he became a con man for selling a 22 year old car to James who viewed and testdrove the car and then made his own mind up how much he wanted to pay for it????

He then approaches a BX forum to let it's members know he has a cheap BX available and honestly lists it's faults only to get hounded buy a pack of wolves!

He was only asking £200 he wasn't trying to rip anybody off, he then offered it for free and up went the calls to bar him from the forum???
DavidRutherford wrote:
SILVER SLIPPER 11 wrote:this car is now FREE and belive it or not its a very good car !!
Really?

If so, Deliver it to me if you would. I'll give an honest appraisal of its condition.
You quite clearly ask him to deliver the car to you but turn on him and start whinging when he asks for your address??

Whats going on here? A linching?

Thank goodness for Mat Fenwick's calm sensible approach.
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Defender110 wrote:Thank goodness for Mat Fenwick's calm sensible approach.
I agree. James isn't exactly free of responsibility in this case. The car was a lemon. It happens.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v