For sale bx17 tzd diesel turbo with air con

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
pjp

For sale bx17 tzd diesel turbo with air con

Post by pjp »

White bx17 turbo diesel estate with air conditioning. Been on drive for just over a year now due to lack of time and funds. No MOT or tax. The mileage is 119608. Good points:- New starting motor, rear spheres and hydraulic ram drivers side fitted just before she went off the road. Good body work no real rust problems. Clutch and timing belt were done when I first got her in 2006. There were two previous owners before me one being my dad. Was running well. Electric windows still work well. Not so good points:- Sat on the drive for just over a year, looking a bit shabby. Near side hydraulic ram now leaking, the fuel filter casing has a hole. A few small leaks on hydraulic hose. Rear lights casing broken and rear windscreen wiper missing, blade and arm. Glove box door is broken off. £150 or offers. Have had difficulty downloading pictures of the car but will set up a facebook profile so pictures can be seen.
glynbx

RE BX ESTATE

Post by glynbx »

HI COULD YOU EMAIL ME SOME PICTURES MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS

gbennett@aol.co.uk AND GIVE ME YOUR PHONE NUMBER

AND POST CODE THANKS

GLYN BENNETT
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

I reckon that's quite a rare model. Pretty much my ideal spec in theory apart from the joystick being on the wrong side! Family wagon with 'air' for those hot C.European days. Were there many Uk BXs fitted with A/C? I've only ever encountered one here which is for sale near TB2 in Zürich for a princely €250. German tax laws though would suck €800 out of your pocket each year as it hasn't got a Catalyser!
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
pjp

Re: RE BX ESTATE

Post by pjp »

glynbx wrote:HI COULD YOU EMAIL ME SOME PICTURES MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS

gbennett@aol.co.uk AND GIVE ME YOUR PHONE NUMBER

AND POST CODE THANKS

GLYN BENNETT
tryed your email not working.if still intrested try mine peterperry1@ntlworld.com my post code is rg147tt
Kevin B
BXpert

Post by Kevin B »

I am pleased to say, I have acquired this vehicle. It has a long list of items requiring attention, but otherwise is in reasonable condition considering its age. Most of these issues are either mechanical in nature or missing items.

Most of the missing items it requires I have already got, but the one item that is proving difficult to locate is the top radiator mounting plastic bracket, as this car is fitted with air conditioning and for that reason it looks like this item is unique to air conditioned turbo diesel versions only.

I am possibly considering removing the air conditioning equipment in its entirety, and would like to gauge the demand for it on here as a first step.
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

When I fitted air conditioning to mine I was able to use the original top radiator mounting. It just needed an oval hole cutting out where the two pipes meet the condenser, and there was even a mark on the plastic where to cut! Will try and get a photo later today if that would help.

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

Kevin B wrote:I am possibly considering removing the air conditioning equipment in its entirety, and would like to gauge the demand for it on here as a first step.
I'd say that would be a lot of work just to create a "normal" BX. The list of parts to be removed is extensive, and only really worth it if the vehicle is a scrapper, and the parts are wanted for a different vehicle.

If you'd rather have a BX estate without Aircon, it would be far easier to just buy a BX estate without aircon, and sell this one complete with its aircon for someone else to get working.

If you're interested, I'd come and have a look at the vehicle and make an offer...
this might be a signature
rayfenwick
1K Away

Post by rayfenwick »

DavidRutherford wrote: I'd say that would be a lot of work just to create a "normal" BX. The list of parts to be removed is extensive, and only really worth it if the vehicle is a scrapper, and the parts are wanted for a different vehicle.

If you'd rather have a BX estate without Aircon, it would be far easier to just buy a BX estate without aircon, and sell this one complete with its aircon for someone else to get working.
I'd have to agree it would be a shame to remove the aircon from the car - there is something worthwhile in keeping the rare models at original spec IMHO.
Ray

The Fleet (most recent first):
2000 Citroën XM 3.0 24V V6 Exclusive Auto (pre-MOT)
1997 Citroën XM 2.0 TCT Exclusive Auto (for sale)
1979 Citroën CX 2.4 EI Cmatic Prestige (slowly being restored)

1992 Alfa Romeo 164 Lusso 3.0 v6 12v Manual (on the to-do list)

www.citroencarclub.co.uk
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Here is a photo of my arrangement.

On the right, underneath the pipes you can see the mounting stub to the condenser. The oval slot I cut myself, and at a later date I opened this up to allow removal of the radiator top mount without disconnecting the condenser.

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

The seller was good kind enough to send me pictures of this car and it certainly looks (in pictures) much better than described here.

For £150 I would have grabbed this but for the problems in getting it home, i.e. long distance. :(

Here's the pics I received excluding the front view showing the number plate, but that too looked fine to me.

Kevin B
BXpert

Post by Kevin B »

Thanks Matt for the photo showing the item I need, so it looks like the turbo diesel version will fit, with only some very minor modifications.

The car is in quite good condition for its age as can be seen from the pictures, however what it does not show is the cracked windscreen, the hole rotted through the OSR sill (thats big enough to be able to put your fist through), or the NSR sill which is not far behind it.
I'd have to agree it would be a shame to remove the aircon from the car - there is something worthwhile in keeping the rare models at original spec IMHO.
OK fellow BX'ers perhaps not a good idea on reflection, however as I am never going to use it, I am now thinking of isolating the drive to the A/C compressor, and reverting back to the normal alternator arrangement, and the A/C equipment remains in place.

Off to the scrapyard tommorrow to source some more parts for this vehicle from a K reg N/A diesel estate.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Sorry Kevin, I missed your post saying that you had bought the car :oops: