WANTED: Electric window switches

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
scarecrow

WANTED: Electric window switches

Post by scarecrow »

Hi - anyone got a couple of these to sell please?

Cheers
Steve
prm
BXpert

Post by prm »

You can repair the old ones if you need to.

Insert a knife blade between the centre of the rocker and the casing, expand the casing slightly outwards and lever the rocker upwards.
Remove the switch plate, reface all the contacts and reset the contact spring plate.

The underside of the rocker swivel pins should be chamfered where they expand the casing and locate when refitting.

Regards
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

Thanks for that - knowing me though any little springs will mysteriously bounce off into the ether, and I'll end up with a bag of bits that defy any suspicion of ever having been a part of a greater body.

I'll try with one when the car comes back from the garage, but if anyone does have a couple of good switches in the meantime... :wink:
macplaxton
BXpert

Post by macplaxton »

Wrap in a plastic bag before starting?
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

macplaxton wrote:Wrap in a plastic bag before starting?
Now that's genius! Why didn't I think of that? Come to think of it, I should have done that when I wanted to tweak my pals Nikon F1 some years ago - who would have thought there could be so many tiny little springs in one place? I had to give it back to him in a plastic bag :wink:
macplaxton
BXpert

Post by macplaxton »

I learnt about cloths and bags plus various other methods of catching things when I rebuilt my first gearbox. Those balls and springs can go some distance! :oops: