Old Friend.

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
tim leech

Old Friend.

Post by tim leech »

Well ive got her, the xantia that is (see previous entry), all I will say that stuarts buying a better car from me than the one I just bought lol! But its still the same car, has the same mats and even the same start code as it did in 1998! and my dads name in the service book as the first owner so thats what matters, 130000miles tho now and its so filthy im appauled!.

Also i think the steering racks buggered as it goes heavy then light on lock??? (any ideas) The suspensions still lovely and smooth tho and it does drive as it did! The engine check light came on on the way home so will give me a few things to do! Oh lol and like a BX half the dash lights dont work!

Will keep you posted and show you a pic when I have got her clean again!
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

Well done, you will be driving down memory lane for a good while I imagine, the Xantia is reaching breakers yards in similar numbers to the way the BX did a few years ago so I suppose anythings possible.
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
ken newbold
Over 2k

Re: Old Friend.

Post by ken newbold »

[quote="tim leech"]all I will say that stuarts buying a better car from me than the one I just bought lol! quote]

We already know that Tim :lol:
They think it's all over, it is now!
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

Glad you got it sorted Tim.

Still need to view your fleet sometime.....
Over and out from me
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

For all that I'm coming well out of this, I've got to say you're doing the right thing - the story of how you found that Xant warmed the cockles of even my battered heart.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

It was rather emotional i can say, it hadnt run for 6 weeks and the man who sold it said "it may not start", i said to myself "she'll start for me"! And it did! Is bugging me how mucky it is (previous owner was a slob), shame the dealer sticker and original front plates have gone now, The dealer (GT Cars Leicester) shut down so cant get new ones (bugger) but Im sure my mate could make me some similar!

As for the funny steering, anyone got a Idea?, my mate said the fluids probably low, but its the same as the BX isnt so runs on LHM so It cant be. Mind you 11 years and 130k I guess the rack could be worn? Its in for a MOT next week so will find out im sure!

Need a couple of wheeltrims as all 4 originals are on it, but were battered after 3 years with my mum parking "by brail" and are shagged now lol! And the drivers seat height adjusters shot so when u get out of it the seat shoots up, then goes down when u sit on it!

Will keep you posted with my progress. have to find someone who knows how to fix them locally.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Tim, steering sounds like it`s exactly the same as my `old` BX estate and is to do with the LHM.
If you look around this site (probably on the technical section) you will see a few kindly people have said what the problem is and how to cure it.
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Thanks Cavmad! Will try and find it! If anyone comes accross the link could you post it up here.!

Merry Christmas!
mnde
Meteor Man
My Cars: 2007 Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6 16V VTX
1982 Citroen GSA Spécial Estate - gone to a new home
1991 Citroen BX16 TGS Meteor - still out there somewhere!

Post by mnde »

My new BX's steering was a bit heavy when I first drove it, especially turning the wheel anticlockwise from centre. It hadn't run for a short while, and now I've put a tad more LHM in to bring it up to max on the indicator, done a bit of Citaerobics and turned the wheel vigorously from lock to lock several times while reversing slowly in carparks, it's lightened up nicely!

Try all that before you condemn the steering. What condition is the LHM/filters?

Mark.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Vauxhall apologist.
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Thanks Cavmad. I'm suffering the same! Did you fix it in the end?

Ian
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Nope! Got my `new` estate (which is an absolute cracker!) so never bothered. However if my old one stays with me much longer I will have a go at it-something to practise on and all that!
Vauxhall apologist.
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Oh well, not to worry. the 16 valve boys are talking me through it - looks like pump may be past its best though.

Dear Santa...

Ian
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Well Stuarts Now a fully fledged bx'er! He picked up the TXD about half 2 so will be on the M1 now enjoying his new purchase!

If he enjoyes it as much I have then he will be a happy man!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

All`s well that ends well then Tim! You`ve got your dad`s car back (which must be brilliant for you) and Stuart`s got himself a cracking BX at a good price.
Everyone`s happy which must be a good thing!
Vauxhall apologist.