BX GTi Hurricane For Sale

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

BX GTi Hurricane For Sale

Post by Ian_Fearn »

Hi all,

I think I'm going to be selling my BX Hurricane, its the 1.9 petrol version with 82k on the clock. Its currently running on 16v grey rims but i've got the silver ones still.

I've done the following to it since last September: (thick pile of reciepts)

All new spheres
New genuine front struts
New brake calipers
New brake pads
New genuine clutch
New headlights and fog lights
Both rear arm bearings
New Radiator and cap
New fan switch
New thermostat
Rocker gasket seal
New dipstick
Michelin tyres (done 10k and are still perfect)
Cambelt

Its also had some new pipes.

General spec things:

Rear headrests
Headlamp protectors
All electrics including working sunroof, C/L, E/W and electric mirrors

Bad Points:

Piece broken out of lower front splitter
Heater control stiff and blower a bit weak
Small dent on leading edge of front wing.
Front suspension sticks although i'm pretty sure a good strut lube would help even on the new struts as they're silent in operation.

Apart from this the car is in really nice condition in Triton Green with good solid door hinges and rear arches.

Its got 12months MOT and tax till september.

I've changed the oil every 5000 miles.

Why am i selling it? Well i do an intergallactic mileage and the BX doesnt really suit it. Neither does my 2cv and so i'm after something newer.

If anybody is interested then please drop me an e-mail ian.fearn@virgin.net

Considering what i've spent i'm not looking for much for it. I'd rather it goes to an appreciative home!
Over and out from me
M

Post by M »

From a purely economical point of view I can understand you not wanting to use the BX for a monster milage - but would have thought the 2CV would have coped well with it.

Fancy a shagged out diesel AX? Very economical,a nd hours of fun guessing what all the noises are? No??? Oh well on to fleebay it goes.....
Ian_Fearn

Post by Ian_Fearn »

My 207,000 mile 2cv is more than up to my 45k annual mileage from a mechanical point of view but driving up and down motorways in the middle of winter in a 2cv isn't my idea of fun!!!

I have had some interest in the car which makes me want to sell it even less!!!
Over and out from me
M

Post by M »

Ian_Fearn wrote:...but driving up and down motorways in the middle of winter in a 2cv isn't my idea of fun!!!
Thought that was all part and parcel the macho 2CV thing? I get a kick out of driving to work in awful weather in a car which cost peanuts when all around me people in £12K VW's are afraid to venture forth :twisted:
Ian wrote:nterest in the car which makes me want to sell it even less!!!
Always the way. I actually find myself being rude to potential buyers on the phone in an effort to put them off!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Is that the Hurricane currently on eBay? As a matter of interest (as I`m sure I can`t afford it!) how much do you want for it?
Ian_Fearn

Post by Ian_Fearn »

Screw the macho 2cv thing! I want my comfort!

On a more sensible note though, i rebuilt the 2cv 18months ago and its getting pretty tatty now as i dont have time to keep up on the maintenance.

Has anybody seen the BX GTI at Roger Bradfords in Cambridge?
Over and out from me