BX TXD 1.9D k reg no mot no tax for sale

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
bedebill

Post by bedebill »

I have failed to get the car running although it has been [ see my previous posts on technical ] , it was starting straight away with no smoke , she has done 158000 miles ,there is some rust near the window screen, there are lots of receipts inc cam belt in 07 , full service record up to 91000 in 01 , my old boss use to go to wales and back every week it ave 55 mpg , i am in sth devon you will need a trailer and it is down some narrow lanes 4 miles from Totnes ,

since writing the above

I have discovered that its the stop solenoid , when i disconnected the wire and reconnected it with the ignition on there was no clicking sound . I cleaned the connectors around the gear box and battery and it turns over . I have also discovered there is rust near the spheres , i poked it with pliers and it went straight through therefore this car is now offered for spares , i know the engine is good and all the trimmings are good , there are 3 good tyres 1 is boarder line . I have spent £50 on new spares flexi hoses , pads , wiper, hydraulic pump belt which have not been fitted . i Therefore am looking to get £120 for it to cover my outlay [ or best offer] . Phone if you like 01364 643117 or 07779636009 cheers Bill I am in sth devon
link for pics
http://screencast.com/t/ODJmZDZlNW
http://screencast.com/t/YzVmMzlj
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

It's a pitty you,ve fell out with it, it may not seam like it at the moment but if you sort those little niggles you will have a good reliable car. The rusting is only the inner wings nothing major.
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
bedebill

txd sale

Post by bedebill »

thanks Defender110 i dont have a lot of confidence with mechanical stuff , i took it as payment for work as it started 1 st time but unfortunately i have got a few things wrong with and barked up the wrong tree thereby spending too much time on it already , cheers Bill
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

Hi Bedebill

Does the car start now? I'm not very technical, but are you confident that it's the stop solenoid? Does it look like a reasonable job to swap for a new one?

Thanks
Steve
bedebill

Post by bedebill »

Hi Scarecrow , i followed the instructions in the tech forum , there was no clicking noise , this means the plunger is stuck you have to replace the stop solenoid around a 1.5 hr job part shouldnt be much .. the car has to be moved by next monday or i will scrap it . i heard the car running it sounded fine , no smoke .cheers bill
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

If it has the Lucas pump, it's only a 10 min job, plus you could always take the plunger out and run it, just to get it going. :)
Defender110
Over 2k

Post by Defender110 »

Come on you guys down South, somebody must be able to help Bill out with this and take this of his hands. It's got to be a good buy for someone???
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
bedebill

Post by bedebill »

Hi ken it looked like you had to dismantle the plate that the pipes are on to get at the solonoid the back allen key was very cramped to reach so i thought it would take a good while , i bow to your experience though . i have road side cover so if no one wants it i will get towed to the scrappy , shame but i will get £100 for it , cheers bill
Defender110
Over 2k

Post by Defender110 »

If you can get it towed to mine I will give you £150 for it???
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Bosch ones aren't so easy to get out, but it can be done simply by using a punch and hammer to tap it round, once it starts to move they usually unscrew by hand.

By the way, did you check the voltage at the solenoid?
bedebill

Post by bedebill »

think the relay people might baulk at that idea , LOL
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

It's a shame as I'd like a workhorse - but South Devon is too far for me on a deadline.

Could I advise you to put it on the Car and Classic website? You may well be surprised especially if it were a low price - meaning one less call out on your recovery policy and someone could make good use of the car.

Of course it's up to you what you do with.it ...

Best of luck
Steve