Auto gearbox wanted

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Auto gearbox wanted

Post by ken newbold »

To suit BX ZX or some Peugeot diesel models, Please, or does anyone know where there's one in the breakers?

Would definately consider taking whole car :)
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

I hate to say it Ken, but if you shop around on ebay, you may get a private seller selling one for reasonable money, rather that the rip off prices of scrappies! Either that, or if you know Citroen XM from FCF or the XM Forum, he seems to have all sorts and is very reasonable on costs and is a nice fella to boot.
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Yeah there's 2 ZX gearboxes on ebay right now, both £150 BIN or both will accept £100, one is even in Doncaster, 20 miles away, but when they took it out, they cut off the kick-down cable :twisted: This mean a serious strip-down of the gearbox to replace it. :twisted:

The other one is in St Austell, Cornwall :cry:
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

Nice part of the country, and a great Brewery too!!!! Citroen XM lives in Anglesey, so not too far (ish) from you and he's a genuine kinda guy.
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

You'd have to change the kickdown cable anyhow if it's going in a BX and came from a ZX..

It's a pretty easy job really..

4HP14's were used in all manner of things mind, I took a mate to collect a 51plate Daewoo Nubira 2.0 automatic this morning, that also has a 4HP14..
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

You'd have to change the kickdown cable anyhow if it's going in a BX and came from a ZX..

Why is that? if it's coming out of a ZX auto and going into a BX auto, wouldn't they be the same?
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

oh wait... yes.. you're quite right!
My apolagies, too much booze and getting it in my head that it was a Xantia...

For they are different, and have a different quadrant aswell..

Either way though, bar a lot of screws to undo and being a bit careful to make sure the kick down cam doesn't flop over when refitting the valve chest it's a very easy job to do on a 4HP..
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
medwaycitroen
Confirmed BX'er

Auto gearbox wanted

Post by medwaycitroen »

hello

we are breaking a BX 1.9 D automatic, sadly we are quite far from you being down in Kent but if you cant find one anywhere else this one is just slowly being stripped down, the cars being scraped due to major MOT failure.

its all complete at the moment, our prices for the box are

£100 if you take out your self
£150 removed
richardd1652
1K Away

Post by richardd1652 »

Hi Ken ,i think weve talked before .As you may remember i have bought a 1.9D Auto Meteor which i started to work on but if your stuck i will break her ,as ive loads of projects on at the moment and although its a nice looking car it does need quite a bit sorting like rear arm bearings,door hinge repairs ,paint etc .If you can get back to me before i fall soft and change my mind :( .I cant save them all even if i try and i suppose theres lots of bits i can use for the rest of them.
Richard.
1985 MK1 BX Digit
1986 MK1 BX Leader
1988 19RD
1983 Tin Snail
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Certainly do a deal :) do you want to sell the whole car or just the gearbox? or maybe engine & box?
richardd1652
1K Away

Post by richardd1652 »

If you like the engine and box Ken.You can hear/see it running ,its really sweet.
Richard.
1985 MK1 BX Digit
1986 MK1 BX Leader
1988 19RD
1983 Tin Snail
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Will have to be in touch and come over to see you. Can you PM me your number.

Ken