citroen bx 1.7 tzd

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
andy42

citroen bx 1.7 tzd

Post by andy42 »

Hi everybody . New to this site , but have gleaned information off it for years . I have a white 1.7 tzd hatchback which i have owned for the last 17 years . it is a h reg 1990 model and the time has come to sell / scrap the car as i do not have the time or mechanical know how to repair the car if it goes wrong . it is currently used daily as my personal vehicle and is reliable and generally in good nick for its age with a nice interior .however the clutch is starting to slip . engine mileage is 185.000 . if anybody is interested in the car for spares or repair or wants more info drop me a message or sadly the vehicle will be scrapped .vehicle is in s wales ,
Last edited by andy42 on Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Hi, sad to hear that, after 17 yrs with one owner it may be scrapped, but we need to know a few more details like where it is?
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

Hi Andy

It seams a shame to sell after 17 years especially with values now rising. These cars are still very cheap to run and maintain compared to modern cars that depreciate like stink aswell, If you spent a few bob with your local mechanic you have a car with zero depreciation if not appreciation and you could join in our little community where you would be very welcome :lol:
If we can't persuade you to keep it don't worry being a TZD I am positive you will find a new owner very quickly on here.

Regards
Kevan
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
richardd1652
1K Away

Post by richardd1652 »

Pm sent.
Richard.
1985 MK1 BX Digit
1986 MK1 BX Leader
1988 19RD
1983 Tin Snail
JayW
1K Away

Post by JayW »

After getting much info aout this car, the owner neglected to mention the car needs a VIC after being a write off.

Fortunately i found this out from DVLA before the purchase went ahead otherwise things would have got sticky...

Still good for parts though if anyone wants it.
I have zero patience for your tedium.
richardd1652
1K Away

Post by richardd1652 »

It just depends on what he values it at.Ive Pm,d him but it does need a clutch and now a vic check,the costs are stacking up.
Richard.
1985 MK1 BX Digit
1986 MK1 BX Leader
1988 19RD
1983 Tin Snail
JayW
1K Away

Post by JayW »

Bear minimum: Clutch, door, wing, VIC, MOT.

Even if he only wants £100 you'd be hard pressed to make it worthwhile at that mileage.

I have the pics & his email address if you want them / haven't seen them Richard?
andy42

Post by andy42 »

Bit suprised when i turned this on to see the tone this thread has taken especially towards my character . I replied to Jay,s enquiry and stated clearly that the car had been involved in an accident ( almost 4 years to the day now ) so he was aware of the fact immediatlly . The damage was a broken headlight , dented front wing , dented rear door . Once i realised the insurance company would write it off ( they will with most cars over 10 years old , especially citroens which are worth peanuts after 5 years ) i withdrew my claim and carried out the repairs myself .,one headlight , bit of filler for the wing and pushed the dent (mostly) out of the door . At no time did i receive any correspondence from the dvla , insurance company or whoever , that the car was written off and i received no payment for it either . In the 4 years since the accident the car has been mot,d , taxed and insured by various companies all without any problems raising their head . Whats more the car has covered some 45,000 miles since the accident , checkable by the mot,s , and has probably passed through several number plate recognition cameras , (they have a favorite site near where i work ) and i,m sure if there was a problem with the vehicle plod would have felt my collar by now .I suspect dvla has made a error . Jay is also in possession of about 18 pics of the car , some showing the damage , and he will have to agree the car does not look a write off , does it Jay . You are free to post pics on here if you like , i doubt that you will .
The point is this . If Jay had discovered a problem , a personal msg to me would have brought it to my attention , and i could have made enquiries about it , not slag me off over the internet . I can,t mention something i didnt know . How many people would run that check on a car they had owned for 17 years . Yes , we checked when we bought it , it was fine . As i,ve said i suspect an error by the dvla .
As for value , i mentioned 300 as a starting point , expecting to be talked down (has anyone been talked up ? ) .Bearing in mind that there are 4 adverts in the local echo from scrappys who will pay a min of £100 to take it off your drive for the cost of a phone call , i expected to get around £200 give or take . Not bad for a car , taxed till end of year , mot,d , capable of 50mpg and losing your licence in one effort .When you read on here of people with shells with no floor in , i mean whats the point in that.
The outcome . Well this morn i cleared the garage of all the spares , mostly new , that would have accompanied the car . Clutch cable , throttle cable , rear spheres , braided coolant hoses , thule roof rack etc and took them to the local dump for recycling . The car will be following early next week . Coming on this site is not worth the hassle due to the attitude of some people who are nothing but a load of timewasters .
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Nice one Jay :roll:
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Philip Chidlow wrote:Nice one Jay :roll:
Hmm. He does seem very good at winding people up. Sorry he upset you Andy - it isn't the intention of the majority on here to upset people.
JayW
1K Away

Post by JayW »

Not being that bothered to read ALL of that, I do have the pictures and no it doesn't look that bad but the simple fact is that the clutch and required repairs (aside of anything else that might need doing) makes it financially prohibitive to almost all when you consider the need for the VIC.

DVLA clearly states it needs to be VIC'd, that's not me, that's them. Andy, I emailed you back and got no response:

Re: bx photosTuesday, 31 August, 2010 21:38From: "Jay" <******@yahoo.co.uk>Add sender to ContactsTo: andy.hunt@fsmail.netHi Andy,

I'd like to come and have a look when you return from your trip.

What sort of money are we talking? Certainly wouldn't want to waste your time and i'd much rather save it than scrap it. Also, was it written off / VIC'd?

Cheers, Jay.

--- On Tue, 31/8/10, andy hunt <andy.hunt@fsmail.net> wrote:

Subject: bx photos
To: "jay [jay]" <******@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Tuesday, 31 August, 2010, 20:24

any questions please ask

To be honest, I really don't care what people think of me, I call it as i see it and prefer to avoid bullshit. I may have only been posting on here for a few weeks but as my profile shows i've been floating around for a few years during which time certain members have said some rather disagreable things about me without realising.

If you lot want to massage other members ego's you go for it, I on the other hand prefer to be honest and open about my dislike of others, just because you like the same cars don't mean you gotta like each other!!!

After all, popularity IS fashionable... and i don't much go for fashion...

EDIT:
I have actually bothered to read that as it would be rude not to (and I wouldn't want to appear rude now...)

Important points:
. . . I wasn't slagging you off Andy, i merely poinded out (sometime later)that my email of 31st august about write off / VIC had gone unanswered.

. . . Nowhere above nor in the emails did you say it had MOT or TAX! Otherwise i'd have agreed it was worthwhile as a runner.

. . . I do agree, the damage IS repairable but economically, no if you include the need for the VIC. This, because BX's have been scrapped with less faults!

Had there been no need for a VIC (or i'd had a response to that effect), i'd have long since bit your hand off for it, it'd have had a clutch in it by now and the wing done and be being driven around by a friend of mine...

If anyone wants the pictures i'll happily post them!
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

I'll admit, I suspect my views were coloured by Auto Trader-gate. I don't like what happened there I'll happily admit, nor those who were involved.
JayW
1K Away

Post by JayW »

Autotrader-gate as it's been called was just someone's giggle, it was the band-wagon jumpers that made it such a MASSIVE success!

I take full credit for the Wiki (with significant input from many others)...

If you knew my motive you might not be so judgemental, but that would ruin the fun!
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

A nice honest TZD with T&T for £200 with one owner for the last 17yrs who has offered it to Citroen enthusiasts to save. I can't believe this hasn't been snapped up.
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

I don't care about your motives - all I care about is that your 'giggles' make BX owners look like a bunch of petty-minded idiots who've all got it in for each other to the casual viewer.