32k mile GTi 4x4 For Sale

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

jacksun1987 wrote:Ive just got my credit card 2 grand limit.
Shell i put a bid in lol. It does look to good though. The photos are like fom a booklet.
I would get a good pair of scissors and cut that fucker up, Paul!
talbotsteve
Confirmed BX'er

Post by talbotsteve »

scarecrow wrote:What about all that rust behind the rear bumper? People see what they want to see I guess.
Surely thats just the reflection of the number plate in the super shiney paintwork??? :wink:
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Shell i put a bid in lol. It does look to good though. The photos are like fom a booklet.
Paul, I would concentrate on your current one first, a poorly 4x4 can be a real pain to own! :shock:
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

talbotsteve wrote:
scarecrow wrote:What about all that rust behind the rear bumper? People see what they want to see I guess.
Surely thats just the reflection of the number plate in the super shiney paintwork??? :wink:
I thought you were serious for a minute there :lol:

Come on - this is never a 32000 mile car! If it is I'll eat the full service history that came with my 14 :P
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

It seems to be on the way to making strong money though! Regarding the rear wiper switch, mine's done 6 times the mileage and my switches are almost pristine. Fair enough in a city I imagine you'd do a fair bit of reversing but even so….

Maybe the previous owner(s) had very abrasive thumbs? :lol:

Still can't see the rust though. :? I wonder whether it was previously used by the club as a rental car?

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
jacksun1987
BXpert

Post by jacksun1987 »

I need to get credit History. Tryed for a tesco card with 13 months no intrest but they sad ive got no credit history. So i had to get one with my bank. HSBC Which is only 3 months.
I think its stupid If you havernt had to borrow money before they should give you anything.
Relax i no what im doing going to use the card to do mine up. Pay it back on pay day done shit loads of over time so i can afford it.

Any way about the car. The only saloution is for someone to find out where it is and have a really good look at it.
PAUL JACKSON
1991 h reg 1.7tzd hatch in black 159.000 miles had
1992 k reg 1.7 txd hatch in red 179. 000 miles had
Renaul laguna exspessin 02 plate 1.8 16v 75 k had
cosa 1.2 brezze 150 k had
406 glx 1.9 td 170k s reg white got
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

mat_fenwick wrote:It seems to be on the way to making strong money though! Regarding the rear wiper switch, mine's done 6 times the mileage and my switches are almost pristine. Fair enough in a city I imagine you'd do a fair bit of reversing but even so….

Maybe the previous owner(s) had very abrasive thumbs? :lol:

Still can't see the rust though. :? I wonder whether it was previously used by the club as a rental car?
I suppose it could have had a second hand switch at some time... scratch...

The rust though is clearly visible between the number plate and bumper in the second picture. Maybe my eyes have been jaundiced. :wink:

EDIT: and, apparently yours has done 6 times the mileage
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

If you look back to the last CCC National in 2009 this car was there.
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

jacksun1987 wrote:.....................................
Any way about the car. The only solution is for someone to find out where it is and have a really good look at it.
Paul, I'm sorry to say and I really don't want rub salt into the wound, but this is what you should have done with the TZD that you bought before even parting with your hard earned cash !
jacksun1987 wrote:Ive got it Phoned up Today Paid over the phone
700 pound
with 6 months tax mot till december Hope ive got a good one

ITS ALL MINE
IM A PROPER BX FAN
MIGHT NEED SOME HELP THOUGH
THERES ONLY ONE THING IM WORRIED THATS PARKING IT ROUND THE BACK CAR PARK

P.S. DOES ANY ONE NOW OF A SPECIAL INSURANCE FOR THE BX

I KNOW IVE BEEN A PAIN ON HERE BUT NOW IVE GOT ONE

T H A N K S
jacksun1987 wrote:Yes will do thanks. It should be a good one. Hes owned it 13 years. Plus he knows what hes doing with them. Being a Citroën. Mechanic Its not like i Gave my money. To a guy with a normal garage or some bloke off the street
The /\ quote's from THIS thread, for ref.

You paid for your 'BERTIE BASSETT' TZD before actually seeing in in the flesh (So to speak) which is not really a wise-thing to do IMHO !

If you had looked at it before parting with your cash (Or got some who knew their onions/BX's on your behalf) most person's probably would have passed on purchasing it, yet alone considered it especially at the price you paid for it !

So as Tim stated in his post, just concentrate on getting your TZD reasonably right, rather than looking for another BX, especially a 4x4 as it could be a bottomless money pit for you if you have to rely/use a garage to do any major repair work !

Last edited by RxBX on Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

I'm lazy Tim - is there a link please?
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

scarecrow wrote:I suppose it could have had a second hand switch at some time... scratch...
What, after the first one wore out? :lol:
scarecrow wrote:The rust though is clearly visible between the number plate and bumper in the second picture. Maybe my eyes have been jaundiced
Think it's too much time spent...erm...on your own. :wink: That is the reflection of the numberplate in the bumper - I can just make out the letters!

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

scarecrow wrote:
I would get a good pair of scissors and cut that fucker up, Paul!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Be vary careful with credit cards, from someone who once got a bit carried away in his younger days. You can live without them.
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

mat_fenwick wrote:
scarecrow wrote:I suppose it could have had a second hand switch at some time... scratch...
What, after the first one wore out? :lol:
scarecrow wrote:The rust though is clearly visible between the number plate and bumper in the second picture. Maybe my eyes have been jaundiced
Think it's too much time spent...erm...on your own. :wink: That is the reflection of the numberplate in the bumper - I can just make out the letters!
:oops: Oh damn it - as I said somewhere else, sometimes a man sees what he wants to see.

I think it's the black paint that's making me see things - I just don't like it, shows every imperfection and somehow makes the trim look old.