mums bx!!

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
goldenbrown
Confirmed BX'er

Post by goldenbrown »

we where hoping that my mum could drive again but due to age and health it's best that she gives up, end of!!.was hoping that someone who is enthusiastic about these cars would buy but maybe not,

MULLEY if you can find a better one for sale then please show me.

how much do BX owners pay for a bx petrol and then have to spend on it!I bet most bx owners who buy one end up spending more than £950!I would love to put it in to one of the connoisseur competitions i bet it would do very well indeed if anyone knows of any in the south let me know!.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I tend to feel that this doesn't represent bad value. I think collectively we do tend to play down the values of good BXs on here. It's not entirely surprising, seeing as we know the car's age and abuse-related faults (and therefore appreciate the costs involved in fixing them), but don't forget my old 33k 16TGS auto went for about this price three years ago - and since then values have gone up.

Give the guy a break, let the 'market' speak. Trouble is most of us on here already have our BX's - and they represent an investment (often higher than just a few hundred) - so it is fairly unlikely a buyer will be found on here.

Good luck with the sale. Don't let the diesel-running fans (who seem utterly obsessed about how cheap their motoring can go lol!) and I, for one, hope you get £950 for what is undoubtedly a very nice BX.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
goldenbrown
Confirmed BX'er

Post by goldenbrown »

Philip Chidlow wrote:I tend to feel that this doesn't represent bad value. I think collectively we do tend to play down the values of good BXs on here. It's not entirely surprising, seeing as we know the car's age and abuse-related faults (and therefore appreciate the costs involved in fixing them), but don't forget my old 33k 16TGS auto went for about this price three years ago - and since then values have gone up.

Give the guy a break, let the 'market' speak. Trouble is most of us on here already have our BX's - and they represent an investment (often higher than just a few hundred) - so it is fairly unlikely a buyer will be found on here.

Good luck with the sale. Don't let the diesel-running fans (who seem utterly obsessed about how cheap their motoring can go lol!) and I, for one, hope you get £950 for what is undoubtedly a very nice BX.
Thanks philip, I fully understand its hard to value a car on just a couple of pictures. I initially joined the site for some advice and direction on what to do with it, I feel very enthusiastic about the BX as its quite a nice looking car. If you know of any connoisseur meetings I am enthisiastic enough to take it along to one thats nearby. Not with regard to sell as such but just to get a feel for the citroen community and to find just how good this BX is compared to others that are out there.

golden
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Most members on here run the bx as its a quirky and most importantly cheap comfortable car, I would say 75% are diesels and some are run on veg oil which allows low running costs, no problem with that as at least they are still on the road.

Ive tried to sell petrol models on here before and unless they were very cheap there was no takers. I purchase my own 16TRS in 07 for £250 which was a very sound car with low mileage, but noone else was interested purely as it didnt run on diesel. In years to come the diesel/petrol divide will lessen as the car become a "classic" the running costs are not so important but finding a good one is.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

goldenbrown, all i've got to view are your pictures & on facevalue it does look like a nice car, i've not said it wasn't. I've suggested that if you want a sale to lower the price, it's entirely your choice. You may very well sell near to your asking price tomorrow, but perhaps not. You intimated that you mum would continue driving (which now is not the case), hence my suggestion regarding value in order to get a quicker sale.

I don't believe i've been knocking the seller or the car, just my views on a public forum, so i don't quite see why anyone (incl me i presume) needs to give him a break (from what exactly)?

goldenbrown, i'm surprised you just aren't keeping the car seeing as it's so nice, like you said, it's probably most likely the nicest one on sale at the moment, once sold you may not find another easily, so perhaps keep hold of the car instead?

Tim, i agree, in the future the values of the supposed less desirable models will get closer to the established favourites as supply & demand dictate. You might have a small fortune of 4 wheeled metal :D
2002 C5 2.0 HDI Estate - Jasmine - Now SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - My daily
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired.
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

I'm not just a username, i'm also called Matthew.
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

MULLEY wrote: I don't believe i've been knocking the seller or the car, just my views on a public forum, so i don't quite see why anyone (incl me i presume) needs to give him a break (from what exactly)?

Me niether. Golden Brown you've joined this forum and asked advice then got snooty when you don't like the advice kindly given, I would have preffered to have seen a thank you from you for the advice all have given not just the bits you happen to like.
One minuit your selling , then your enthusiastic and keeping , then you ask for free advice to put the car right, then when this is done your selling again, then your dead enthusisatic and want to enter it in concourse show!

All Mulley has done is offer advice and then try to clarify from your own conflicting posts what advice you need exactly.
As for your wish to find out what the 'citroen community is like' this particular forum is NORMALY one of the friendliest with all advice being greatfully recieved!

Rant over!
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
goldenbrown
Confirmed BX'er

Post by goldenbrown »

Defender110 wrote:
MULLEY wrote: I don't believe i've been knocking the seller or the car, just my views on a public forum, so i don't quite see why anyone (incl me i presume) needs to give him a break (from what exactly)?

Me niether. Golden Brown you've joined this forum and asked advice then got snooty when you don't like the advice kindly given, I would have preffered to have seen a thank you from you for the advice all have given not just the bits you happen to like.
One minuit your selling , then your enthusiastic and keeping , then you ask for free advice to put the car right, then when this is done your selling again, then your dead enthusisatic and want to enter it in concourse show!

All Mulley has done is offer advice and then try to clarify from your own conflicting posts what advice you need exactly.
As for your wish to find out what the 'Citroën community is like' this particular forum is NORMALY one of the friendliest with all advice being greatfully recieved!

Rant over!
Thanks for that!!?

anyway the car is still for sale!!
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Well I think it's a great looking car, and if it's as good as it looks must be worth the asking price.

All you need to do is find someone who is willing to pay it :)
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

Wise words indeed ^
goldenbrown
Confirmed BX'er

Post by goldenbrown »

we have put it on ebay!have a look and tell me what you think.
Mike P
BXpert

Post by Mike P »

"F" White Phase 1 16V: 62K miles & seen on TV
"E" Grey Phase 1 16V: Long term project in bits
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

You should get a good price for the car. Couldn't you throw in a nights B+B for those farther afield? :wink:
goldenbrown
Confirmed BX'er

Post by goldenbrown »

I have been made lots of offers already!had one viewing about half an hour ago coming back when i can prove that the cambelt was done last year!will be asking the dealer for a print out.
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

Cavmad wrote
Does it come with a Stranglers CD?

Maybe it's being sold to support a habit? Wasn't that what that song was really about? I saw quite flash expensive stolen bikes sold in Brixton to the first person who could produce a tenner though that was driven by 'white' rather than 'brown.'

'Gis a fiver and the Meteor's yours' :D
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

I thought Golden Brown was a euphemism for beige?