BX GTi 4x4 for sale

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
rayfenwick
1K Away

Post by rayfenwick »

Looking forward to lots of photos - As other have said, it's these rare cars that are becoming rarer and rarer. I'm glad it's going to get a fighting chance.
Ray

The Fleet (most recent first):
2000 Citroën XM 3.0 24V V6 Exclusive Auto (pre-MOT)
1997 Citroën XM 2.0 TCT Exclusive Auto (for sale)
1979 Citroën CX 2.4 EI Cmatic Prestige (slowly being restored)

1992 Alfa Romeo 164 Lusso 3.0 v6 12v Manual (on the to-do list)

www.citroencarclub.co.uk
Jayboy
BXpert

Post by Jayboy »

Welcome to the 4x4 club Richard!

I've got a fair bit of 4x4 technical documentation so give me a shout if you need anything...
CCC BX Columnist
'89 16v P1
'90 BX GTi 4x4, 16v P2, 19 TZI auto A/C estate
'92 BX 19 TGD (now 17 Turbo D)
'93 BX 19 TXD estate & 19TD van
'93 ZX Volcane TD 3 Door
'71 DS 21 EFi Pallas, '86 Visa GTi ,
'98 Xantia Activa P1
'07 C4 by Loeb
3 x 2CV, 1 x Mehari
BX596
BXpert

Post by BX596 »

Still sitting behind my house.Do you still want it richard? Getting fed up of gyppos/scrap men knocking on my door.There's also a set of 16v alloys waiting to be collected :evil:
richardd1652
1K Away

Post by richardd1652 »

Jeseus wept, i go off air for a while only to be woken by angry hoards with burning torches and a horses head in my bed!!!!!

I must appologize for all the hatred coarsed but havnt been on to check messages and all this hate mail ive been getting.
But i didnt realise that if i see something advertised on a PUBLIC site like Ebay or any of the classic car websites that i have to back track and check with you lot what i am allowed to do . F+ck me the last car i saved off this forum (yet again no other twat wanted ) which was Ray,s knackered 19TRS so wheres all this bollocks about jumping ques come from?
Ive not had the pleasure of meeting some of my new enemies but im sure that can be sorted in time?
Anyway just to set the record straight 1 time only so here goes-
Yes i have agreed to buy the mk1 estate and also the mk1 GT.
Reasons are A-
was going to buy Ren16tx,s mk1 Diesel but Chris has decided to keep her, so rang the guy straight away after seeing it listed(as i check all my usual sources of classic car ads most days) also try yazak? thats good too.
aS I sold the Italian estate and need another estate prefferably diesel.
B- Mk1 Gt is either going to be saved as its own entity ( if paperwork etc hasnt been registered as scrap) or to be used to re-shell Digit. But ive been busy collating new panels for the Digit and sourced new rear wing and sills already.(just need o/s/r wing but may cut out of a scrapper)
Ian- sorry you felt i was pissing on your bonfire and i will pm you regarding any of the cars privately.

Dean pm,d
Richard
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

richardd1652 wrote:Jeseus wept, i go off air for a while only to be woken by angry hoards with burning torches and a horses head in my bed!!!!!

I must appologize for all the hatred coarsed but havnt been on to check messages and all this hate mail ive been getting.
But i didnt realise that if i see something advertised on a PUBLIC site like Ebay or any of the classic car websites that i have to back track and check with you lot what i am allowed to do . F+ck me the last car i saved off this forum (yet again no other twat wanted ) which was Ray,s knackered 19TRS so wheres all this bollocks about jumping ques come from?
Ive not had the pleasure of meeting some of my new enemies but im sure that can be sorted in time?
Anyway just to set the record straight 1 time only so here goes-
Yes i have agreed to buy the mk1 estate and also the mk1 GT.
Reasons are A-
was going to buy Ren16tx,s mk1 Diesel but Chris has decided to keep her, so rang the guy straight away after seeing it listed(as i check all my usual sources of classic car ads most days) also try yazak? thats good too.
aS I sold the Italian estate and need another estate prefferably diesel.
B- Mk1 Gt is either going to be saved as its own entity ( if paperwork etc hasnt been registered as scrap) or to be used to re-shell Digit. But ive been busy collating new panels for the Digit and sourced new rear wing and sills already.(just need o/s/r wing but may cut out of a scrapper)
Ian- sorry you felt i was pissing on your bonfire and i will pm you regarding any of the cars privately.

Dean pm,d
Richard

Richard, its not what you do its the way you do it, noone has a problem with you saving cars, just be up front and honest and then you wont get in bother. And to say you havent been reading the forum for a while is a bit of a tall tail! we are a small merry bunch that pull together and share the trials and tribulations of running quirky old french cars and it does appear you are "out to feather your own nest" which will rub people up the wrong way, also keeping people dangling regarding collecting cars and parts (you arent the only guilty party though) for months on end is a sure way not to win you any mates.

Personally I think you take on too much, I am not questioning your motives and of course its better than seeing them get scrapped, but you must have about 10 cars now? all of which probably need work, surely its best just to concentrate on a couple at a time and get them sorted. Ive had my Mk1 GT for 4 years (yes doesnt time fly) and im still doing small bits to it because my funds and time have been taken up by other projects purchased afterwards (that beetle for one).
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
richardd1652
1K Away

Post by richardd1652 »

Hi Tim. The last time i briefly visited the forum was just before the National saying that i was looking forward to seeing you all but family troubles agin so i couldnt come and this is one of the main reasons that i havnt been on for a bit . Anyway yes i do have several cars but the huge collection went as i have been trying to get down to just the cars i want to keep, mainly the mk1,s ( Digit and very poorly 16RS auto. I have bought Rays 19TRS auto to use as mechanic donor for the auto as i couldnt find a 16 auto for parts so its going to be a mk1 19 auto as long as i dont discover anymore rot during its strip down which im on with.
The mk1 Gt off Ebay was bought with 2 ideas, either just to re-shell Digit but if its paperwork is in order i would like to put it back on the road if poss~( and keep)!

Here is a list of all cars and there fait-
Cobalt blue Athena ( Dads having)
19TRS auto( ex Ray) spares for mk1 auto
19trs Cream going down to garage after his holidays for a re-pipe
RD Turbo now getting stripped as its too far gone underneath ( may chop out rear wing for Dugit)
Mk1 16RS (getting stripped ready for welding)
Mk1 Digit ( now up and running) and will be garaged before bad weather come sif i havnt got any further with her.
TGD Turbo(red shed) sold it once but bloke never came for it so its my everydat runner and pictures will be posted on gallery of her current ~"new look".
Richard.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

We are all enthusiasts and its good to hear an update on these cars, so why not keep everyone up to date, I knwo for one I enjoy reading about it.

What happened to the french registered one? I would have though whoever had that would have found his way to here or maybe the CCC?.

Passing the Mk1 Estate on to dollywobbler if he wants it is a noble gesture and lets hope it turns out to be saveable.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

Hello Richard, sorry mate, I don't believe you weren't checking in here. Those ads for the Mk.1 estate and GT appeared here - cars were unsold - then about half an hour later they're both sold to you. Coincidence?

Nice that you turn up again and speak with us though. Let's see if you're not as dodgy as you claim and actually get your hands dirty and get one of these cars sorted rather than simply stocking up 'Conservatoire Ricardo' in the manner of a hoarder.
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

toddao wrote:Hello Richard, sorry mate, I don't believe you weren't checking in here. Those ads for the Mk.1 estate and GT appeared here - cars were unsold - then about half an hour later they're both sold to you. Coincidence?
..that_ /\ I tend to agree with you Todd !

To the extent if I'd nipped down to 'Ladbrokes/Bet-fred' that it was the case as you believe/stated in the timing of posts and then subsequently SOLD (I'd be on a roll now) !

:D

BX596
BXpert

Post by BX596 »

Somebody come and rescue it please.Quick.I've recently had loads of Gyppos and scrapmen sniffing around.All the spares have gone.Get the car before it too goes.
bx petrol auto saloon
BXpert
My Cars: Citroens SAABs and Vauxhalls

BX GTI 4X4 FOR SALE.

Post by bx petrol auto saloon »

Dear All.
So what has happened to this BX 4x4 then ? I don,t wish to be nosey,
but I am just intrigued as to how she is, as the reg. no. FW depicts that
she is a Lincoln registered car. in those days Lincoln had FE, VL, TL and
FW.
Passion Hydropneumatic Citroen,s

Cars;- 1993 White Citroen BX 1.6 TXi petrol
saloon auto with air-con & ABS.
47,594 Miles from new.
Owned for 3 years sorned.
1988 Silver SAAB 900i 2.0 8v F/lift,
saloon 5sp with 3 spoke Ronals,
69,000 Miles from new.
Owned for 15 years T & T.
BX596
BXpert

Post by BX596 »

Still waiting for a new owner.In answer to your question,the car was supplied by Citroen (Spalding or Sleaford,I forget which,hence the Lincoln plate) to a woman from Norton near Doncaster.John Hannam (ABCXM) told me that he was the service manager when the car was sold (this was about 95/96ish)
I'll post up some pictures early next week for anybody who may be interested
BX596
BXpert

Post by BX596 »

Here's a few photos of the places where the car normally goes

driver's side inner wing with a hole the size of a 10p piece

passenger side inner wing-solid as a rock

passenger side A pillar.slight surface rusting

passenger side rear door shut.slight surface rusting

drivers side rear door shut worse than passenger side but not through.will need attention

boot floor edge,absolutely solid

passenger side sill /arch.dusty but solid
greenblood

Post by greenblood »

Ok, whats the crack with this car now?

Any bits with it any more?

What does it need doing to it for MOT?

repiping...which pipes are in need for an MOT IYO?

Steve
ID19 1961 Slough Built NZ export reimported to the UK...yet to register it here but body panels refurbed and painted ready to fit and currently re-piping....
ID19 1961 Paris Built, registered in UK completely striped, rust sorted and ready to be dressed.
H Van, from the Charente, awaiting its day...
Acadiane, in use at our place in France.
CX25T2Prestige, one of only 6 built...waiting its day!
Diesel Royal Enfield imported from India....awaiting its day.
C5 Hatchback 2001, UK daily runabout.
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

Considering how long this has been parked up outside I think you have to take this one and think the worst then if your lucky you may not be dissapointed
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.