Wanted: Some black rubber bumper thingamys (!?)

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Paul296
Over 2k
My Cars: Citroen BX 17 TZD Hurricane
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Wanted: Some black rubber bumper thingamys (!?)

Post by Paul296 »

Does anyone have for sale - or know where I can buy - a pair of those rubber 'boots' that fit over the end of the front bumper, near the wheel arch? I'm also looking for an insert for a rear bumper - preferably black - but any colour as long as the plastic 'shroud' is intact so it can be repainted - Any help/offers, very much appreciated.
RxBX
Over 2k

Re: Wanted: Some black rubber bumper thingamys (!?)

Post by RxBX »

Paul296 wrote:Does anyone have for sale - or know where I can buy - a pair of those rubber 'boots' that fit over the end of the front bumper, near the wheel arch? I'm also looking for an insert for a rear bumper - preferably black - but any colour as long as the plastic 'shroud' is intact so it can be repainted - Any help/offers, very much appreciated.
Hi Paul,
The item your after is called a 'Blade Set' a silly name IMO I'd call it a 'Bumper cap' !

It's item 5 in the parts list catalogue £7.26 + VAT just over a year ago from the main dealers :-
95 643 658 XX up to RP no:- 4755 (IIRC this is in Black).
95 643 658 XB from RP no:- 4756 (This one is more Greyish IIRC)

Also you may find THIS thread useful to read thro' and THIS thread to refurb the bumper trim insert's.

I hope this maybe to help to you !

:D

RxBX
Paul296
Over 2k
My Cars: Citroen BX 17 TZD Hurricane
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

Many thanks for that - very useful. Will post if they're still available and I manage to get a new pair. Looks like a few folks are after them!