1992 BX TXD Free to a good home!

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
alab
Confirmed BX'er

1992 BX TXD Free to a good home!

Post by alab »

FREE CAR!!
After months sitting around, my BX is still here and WILL be scrapped next week. The description below is still accurate, I wrote it in July on these forums. The one difference is the battery is now knackered. The car still starts runs and drives beautifully with a jump start.
It is far too good to scrap and I would really like it to go to a good home. I do not need it and cannot afford to put it back on the road as I have other cars to run!
First person to turn up with a trailer gets it! Near Tonbridge in Kent.
Alastair

Lots of nice pictures here
http://s790.photobucket.com/albums/yy188/alabphotos/BX/

Overall the car is excellent, it starts and runs beautifully and drives perfectly. 1.9D.

Most of the bodywork is excellent, as can be seen in the photos. The paint is a little faded, as usual. Rust around the windscreen is shown. One small dent in rear wing and crap paint on the rear spoiler. Small amount of rust on inner wing, again pictured.

Excellent hydraulics, spheres and rear arm bearings done last year so rides beautifully. Front struts were perfect in everyday use, they are now a little jerky as it has been sitting around since last December. And I have just remembered one of the front strut return pipes had split. It is too dark to see them at the moment though, I think the other pipes were ok, it never lost any LHM. The LHM is clean by the way.

Serviced last year. Low mileage, 116059.

Tyres ok, cheap but reasonable tread, I will check this tomorrow when it is light! No wheeltrims.

Interior very good, most electrics are working perfectly. The sunroof switch is a little sticky, and half of the dashboard illumination doesn't work. The washer pump for the rear windscreen does not work. The CD player works, but is crap quality and not wired in correctly so does not turn off with the ignition.

The exhaust is blowing which would need looking at for the MOT and the rust on the inner wing may also be a fail. Other than that I do not know of anything that it would need for an MOT.

So overall it is an excellent example of the BX, of the four I have had this is by far the best and if it wasn't for the rust around the windscreen this could be an outstanding car.

I simply don't need it anymore, and I don't have the time to do anything with it. It is such a waste to have it sitting here unused, so it has to go. I really do not want to scrap it, and I will not break it. If it doesn't get taken away by someone who will love it or make use of it I will be forced to scrap it as I need the space in the next couple of weeks! As much as I love hydraulic Citroens I have had about eight so far so it is time for something different!

Feel free to get in touch, alab.paris@hotmail.co.uk or PM through this website, although I always have trouble logging in, so best to email me direct. Or just reply to this!

Car is near Tonbridge in Kent. Like the subject says, free to a good home!!

Alastair
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Richard???
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
messerschmitt owner
BXpert

Post by messerschmitt owner »

too soon for me and no place to store it just now. I'm on a 'one car out, one car in' phase just now so the green XM has to go first - and it won't be going till it dies of HGF
Citroen XM 2.1TD SX hatchback
Citroen XM 2.1TD VSX estate
Smart Roadster
Fiat Punto Cabriolet
Messerschmitt Kr200
Bond minicar mk C
Fiat 126 Bis
BX-less at the moment!
alab
Confirmed BX'er

Post by alab »

Good home found! Thanks to this forum. I am very happy!! :D :D :D
Oscar
1K Away

Post by Oscar »

Probably just as well, I was very tempted but SWMBO would have fed me my bollocks.
(Red BX 1.7TZD ("Well, it is a style icon" - Tom Sheppard)) "Was", Tom, "was"
peteh

Post by peteh »

alab wrote:Good home found! Thanks to this forum. I am very happy!! :D :D :D
Just thought id let you know the car is just what ive been looking for, thanks alab your a real gent. I used to own a rather nice tzd a number of years ago, trouble was i had limited funds at the time and the poor ol girl needed radius arm bearings and was overdue for things like cambelt, i had to reluctantly part with her. I was a member on this forum a number of years ago and have not visited for a while. Thanks also to ren16tx for contacting me and saying this car was not far away from me. Im very surprised nobody else had taken this car on and was so pleased when i got the email to say its still available. Well it looks like i will be visiting this wonderful forum a bit more often 8) :D
Citroen the thinking mans car, i think im off for a pint while i think about that tricky hydraulic job!!
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

Well done Pete, I'm glad you saved it !

It look's like THUNDERBIRD 2 is going to be busy again tomorrow !

alab
Confirmed BX'er

Post by alab »

Well I am very happy to say the BX went off to its new home today, thanks Pete, it was a pleasure! Four days from first email to collection, perfect!
And how is that for a tow car!!
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

Sunbeam Rapier if I'm not mistaken? with Cobra super slot alloys rather than Wolfrace.
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
messerschmitt owner
BXpert

Post by messerschmitt owner »

if it's a nice rapier it'll have a Holbay engine - 1725cc - lovely! I scrapped one once to get the engine for a Sunbeam Alpine S4
Citroen XM 2.1TD SX hatchback
Citroen XM 2.1TD VSX estate
Smart Roadster
Fiat Punto Cabriolet
Messerschmitt Kr200
Bond minicar mk C
Fiat 126 Bis
BX-less at the moment!
peteh

Post by peteh »

Defender110 wrote:Sunbeam Rapier if I'm not mistaken? with Cobra super slot alloys rather than Wolfrace.
Hi guys, the ol Sunbeam is the Alpine cheaper version of the Rapier i.e single carb 1725 engine, no overdrive and less instruments. I bought her this year and managed to get her through an mot, she towd the BX with no fuss whatsoever. I do have a couple of oldies in my ownership, the BX will keep my Alpine company along with a 1958 Standard 8, the BX will also keep my phase 1 Laguna executive company. I never thought id manage to get such a good BX and being free, just as well im so local. I have missed BX ownership and am excited at the prospect of driving this one when i get that all important mot. Im glad someone knows the name of my Alpine alloys, i won them on ebay a couple of weeks ago, all i know is the fella that sold them to me had them fitted on a crayford corsair, so thanks for the info and thanks to Alastair for the free BX :D :D 8)
Citroen the thinking mans car, i think im off for a pint while i think about that tricky hydraulic job!!