bx gti manifold 2nd attempt

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
chris adams
Confirmed BX'er

bx gti manifold 2nd attempt

Post by chris adams »

as in the title im after a bx gti manifold my fisrt attempts at retrieving one have hit rock bottom three yeses but no manifold plz plz help!
i need 1.9 gti inlet manifold asap
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

What happened? That one is still here on that GTI. They haven't scrapped it yet - I was down there last Saturday removing a pipe. Postage will be steep though - I just had to post a small parcel to Uk and it wasn't cheap. It's not so much weight as bulk.. how much would it weigh? 5kg? At least €30 to post by normal post but there are some other options such as Parcelflight for heavier items. I will try to remove it this Saturday if nothing else gives.
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
richardd1652
1K Away

Post by richardd1652 »

Sorry Chris. I still cant get hold of the guy with the GTi. If i hear anything I will let you know but it seems he,s gone to ground..
Richard.
1985 MK1 BX Digit
1986 MK1 BX Leader
1988 19RD
1983 Tin Snail
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

there was an XU9J2 engine down at Paris Retro in Pensford t'other week, it had the complete manifold, might still be there, whether they'd be interested in posting it though I dont know..

Their number is 01761 453500, very nice poeple they be.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
chris adams
Confirmed BX'er

Post by chris adams »

toddao wrote:What happened? That one is still here on that GTI. They haven't scrapped it yet - I was down there last Saturday removing a pipe. Postage will be steep though - I just had to post a small parcel to Uk and it wasn't cheap. It's not so much weight as bulk.. how much would it weigh? 5kg? At least €30 to post by normal post but there are some other options such as Parcelflight for heavier items. I will try to remove it this Saturday if nothing else gives.
bx 596 isnt able to remove the manifold hes had hammer and chisel 6 foot scaffy and crow bar to try and remove it. i cant imagine what would be keeping this thing stuck to the head but he says he cant get it off so that one is at a loss.
chris adams
Confirmed BX'er

Post by chris adams »

richardd1652 wrote:Sorry Chris. I still cant get hold of the guy with the GTi. If i hear anything I will let you know but it seems he,s gone to ground..
Richard.
dont worry about it youve tried and thats all i can ask and of which i am greatfull. thankyou
chris adams
Confirmed BX'er

Post by chris adams »

docchevron wrote:there was an XU9J2 engine down at Paris Retro in Pensford t'other week, it had the complete manifold, might still be there, whether they'd be interested in posting it though I dont know..

Their number is 01761 453500, very nice poeple they be.
thanks fella will give them a go 2day a report back later to say how it goes.
chris adams
Confirmed BX'er

Post by chris adams »

toddao wrote:What happened? That one is still here on that GTI. They haven't scrapped it yet - I was down there last Saturday removing a pipe. Postage will be steep though - I just had to post a small parcel to Uk and it wasn't cheap. It's not so much weight as bulk.. how much would it weigh? 5kg? At least €30 to post by normal post but there are some other options such as Parcelflight for heavier items. I will try to remove it this Saturday if nothing else gives.
thanks for keeping me in mind, hopefully something will get sorted a little closer to home but if push comes to shove then its looks like youll be my saviour :wink:
chris adams
Confirmed BX'er

?????????????????

Post by chris adams »

well i give retro a ring and they say that they dont have a bx gti engine. petrol anyway they said they have a diesel and thats all. :cry:
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

Hello Chris, I've sent you a PM
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
BX596
BXpert

Post by BX596 »

chris adams wrote:
bx 596 isnt able to remove the manifold hes had hammer and chisel 6 foot scaffy and crow bar to try and remove it. i cant imagine what would be keeping this thing stuck to the head but he says he cant get it off so that one is at a loss.
Can any body else confirm that there are 5 fixing points,the 4 10 mm nuts,by the injectors and the 13 mm set screw on the side bracket.I pride myself on being "handy" with a hammer and prisy things like crow bars,but this thing defies my best efforts.Any suggestions on how to get it off in 1 piece,gratefully accepted.BTW,I have no access to a blow torch and the like
chris adams
Confirmed BX'er

Post by chris adams »

BX596 wrote:
chris adams wrote:
Can any body else confirm that there are 5 fixing points,the 4 10 mm nuts,by the injectors and the 13 mm set screw on the side bracket.I pride myself on being "handy" with a hammer and prisy things like crow bars,but this thing defies my best efforts.Any suggestions on how to get it off in 1 piece,gratefully accepted.BTW,I have no access to a blow torch and the like
its wichcraft and fate that im not meant to have this part :twisted: after 2 years of searchin im still being denied .lol. somethings just arnt meant to be. :cry:
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

thats odd! When I had ELF in for MoT there was most defintley a XU9J2 sat infront of a rather nice DS 23 in the workshop..
I'll pop down when I can.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
chris adams
Confirmed BX'er

Post by chris adams »

docchevron wrote:thats odd! When I had ELF in for MoT there was most defintley a XU9J2 sat infront of a rather nice DS 23 in the workshop..
I'll pop down when I can.
that would be great much appreciated.
Kevin B
BXpert

Post by Kevin B »

There are two brackets that hold the manifold in place, one is by the throttle body, and the other is near the hydraulic pump, both are not easily to see and consequently easily missed if your not familiar with this engine.