Selling BX GTi 8V '91 - SOLD & Gone

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Simon B
BXpert

Post by Simon B »

Simon B wrote:Now on eBay
Going, going, gone. Hopefully.
Have
1971 Dyane - This IS the ONE :D
2006 C5 Exclusive V6
Had
Xantia, BX19 GTI, Dyane, BX14RE, AX, 2 x Visa 652, Dyane
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Someone got a bargain!
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Simon B
BXpert

Post by Simon B »

Roverman wrote:Someone got a bargain!
In terms of "bangs per buck" certainly. You don't get much 2CV for that money. :(

Instant contact from buyer (good news), who seemed to be prepared to pay significantly more, so hopefully he will be happy. Hopefully will be collected during the week. All I want is a clean / no hassles / no funny business sale. There was a very odd looking bid from a new, no ratings account, who looked to have bid on 6 vehicles in the few hours before the end. Luckily they did not win and it did not affect the final outcome.
Have
2006 C5 Exclusive V6
Had
Teebob

Post by Teebob »

Roverman wrote:Someone got a bargain!
That someone is me! Hello to you all. On the advice of Simon (The seller) I thought I'd better join up to the club! Just wanted to say how much fun I've had with the car already. For me the best thing is probably the young lads in Saxo's or Festers doing a double take as if to say "What the **** is that!)

Also, on the earlier theme of women and old cars. My missus actually thinks it's quite nice, but then she's used to me buying 80's Audi's and 70's Beemers! I should probably also say it wasn't until she seen it in the flesh that she admitted to liking it. Maybe that's the way forward - don't show em a picture, just go buy it!! Anyone that brave?
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

welcome aboard!
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Hi Teebob. Nice one! The GTi 8v is a bit of a forgotton hero amongst the 80's/90's 'hot hatch' generation.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
johnbird
BXpert

Post by johnbird »

i didnt show my wife a picture of the 99 before i bought it.in fact i didnt tell her i bought it until i got it home. i find you get no more ear ache for bringing home another bag of bones on a trailer if its a surprise than if you give them time to ear ache you in advance. just my observation.
audi a8 quattro
saab9-5 aero
saab99 turbo
smart roadster
citroen bx tzd
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

Welcome aboard Teebob, looks like you've got yourself a nice bargain there, I think one of your first jobs you need to get on top of that little bit of rust round the screen before it spreads. Enjoy.
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
Simon B
BXpert

Post by Simon B »

Now that I can see Tom has safely arrived, and you have all introduced yourselves (you see I told you they were a friendly bunch :wink: ) I will say thanks and good bye for now. I'll pop by from time to time, and probably see some of you at the CCC National. Cheers guys, thanks again, Simon

ps New Dyane very soon :D :D :D
Have
2006 C5 Exclusive V6
Had
messerschmitt owner
BXpert

Post by messerschmitt owner »

johnbird wrote:i didnt show my wife a picture of the 99 before i bought it.in fact i didnt tell her i bought it until i got it home. i find you get no more ear ache for bringing home another bag of bones on a trailer if its a surprise than if you give them time to ear ache you in advance. just my observation.
that's true

the first my wife knew of the green XM was when she had the battery stolen from her car to jump start it and drive it home!

I got some earache for that!
Citroen XM 2.1TD SX hatchback
Citroen XM 2.1TD VSX estate
Smart Roadster
Fiat Punto Cabriolet
Messerschmitt Kr200
Bond minicar mk C
Fiat 126 Bis
BX-less at the moment!
johnbird
BXpert

Post by johnbird »

i think stealing the battery from my wifes car to start the aforementioned bag of bones would ramp up the ear ache by a factor of two maybe three campbell,you must have a very understanding wife,mine is merely tolerant! :lol:
audi a8 quattro
saab9-5 aero
saab99 turbo
smart roadster
citroen bx tzd
messerschmitt owner
BXpert

Post by messerschmitt owner »

johnbird wrote:i think stealing the battery from my wifes car to start the aforementioned bag of bones would ramp up the ear ache by a factor of two maybe three campbell,you must have a very understanding wife,mine is merely tolerant! :lol:
My wife's dad likes military vehicles, so the fifteen or so microcars I ahd when I met her pales into insignificance to the Big Jimmys, Ferrets, Dingos, Jeeps, K4, K5, RL, QL etc that he had!

She still likes old cars, but won't drive the XM as it is too big, so she has a Punto cabriolet for everyday use.
Citroen XM 2.1TD SX hatchback
Citroen XM 2.1TD VSX estate
Smart Roadster
Fiat Punto Cabriolet
Messerschmitt Kr200
Bond minicar mk C
Fiat 126 Bis
BX-less at the moment!
johnbird
BXpert

Post by johnbird »

i like those. almost unbreakable little revy engines. lots of value in one too when compared to some of its peers. not sure about the electric power steering though........
audi a8 quattro
saab9-5 aero
saab99 turbo
smart roadster
citroen bx tzd
Simon B
BXpert

Post by Simon B »

johnbird wrote:i like those. almost unbreakable little revy engines. lots of value in one too when compared to some of its peers. not sure about the electric power steering though........
How does electric power steering work? My wife's Pug 107 has that as well, and I always meant to find out :?
Have
2006 C5 Exclusive V6
Had
johnbird
BXpert

Post by johnbird »

so far as i undrstand it there is a simple electric motor to assist the rack rather than a hydraulic pump.it can be made to switch off above a set speed .
audi a8 quattro
saab9-5 aero
saab99 turbo
smart roadster
citroen bx tzd