Free BX in the Yorkshire Dales...

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
evilclive

Post by evilclive »

This is getting a bit silly.

The cars went to the first person who contacted me - Ken made a public post, but that came after an email to me.

Ken appears to have accepted this with grace, and I'd hope that everybody else would too.
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

Fair enough, but without any facts anyone not in the loop could only guess as to what may have happened, as there has been instances of this in the past, but cheers for clearing it up :D

Will the new owner be joining the forum?
2002 C5 2.0 HDI Estate - Jasmine - Now SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - My daily
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired.
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

I'm not just a username, i'm also called Matthew.
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

MULLEY wrote:...........................
Will the new owner be joining the forum?
Matthew :roll: , get REAL there already a VERY active member on here !

FFS , surely you don't need it spelling out who's had them ?

:evil:
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

Nobody is having a go at you Clive.
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
rayfenwick
1K Away

Post by rayfenwick »

IMHO, unless anyone had specific plans and had them agreed to by evilclive before they were collected then I can't see the problem really. The important thing is that they've been saved from the scrappies.

And don't forget that cars owned by club members have a habit of changing hands within the club anyway - it's not like they're "lost"

I wish someone would have saved the XM I scrapped 3 weeks ago - I ended up weighing it in because no-one was interested in it even as a freebie and the space for it was no longer available. So many valuable parts were lost because I didn't have the space or the tools to save them. The car drove to the scrappies, and the £190 did little to make me feel better about it.

Ray

The Fleet (most recent first):
2000 Citroën XM 3.0 24V V6 Exclusive Auto (pre-MOT)
1997 Citroën XM 2.0 TCT Exclusive Auto (for sale)
1979 Citroën CX 2.4 EI Cmatic Prestige (slowly being restored)

1992 Alfa Romeo 164 Lusso 3.0 v6 12v Manual (on the to-do list)

www.citroencarclub.co.uk
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

That was a shame. Did you offer it to the Club-XM crowd then?
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

rayfenwick wrote:...................
I wish someone would have saved the XM I scrapped 3 weeks ago - I ended up weighing it in because no-one was interested in it even as a freebie and the space for it was no longer available. So many valuable parts were lost because I didn't have the space or the tools to save them.......................
Hi, Ray I go on both the XM Forums regularly I have never seen any such offer !
Perhaps if it was on the FCF Forum then maybe I missed it as I don't frequent that site as regular, please clarify where it was posted/offered ?
Philip Chidlow wrote:That was a shame. Did you offer it to the Club-XM crowd then?
..that_ My thoughts exactly Phil, note the 5 Stud 15" wheel trim's which you could have possibly used on your new Citroen acquisition !

Not to mention the possibility of saving the suspension strut top mount's , if they were any good of course :(

Ray, looking at the photo you posted /\ it looks like a metal merchants (Where Jo public are not allowed in to remove car parts) or was it a proper car dismantler's where parts can/are removed for recycling/second chance, please confirm and if its the latter please PM me so that I can place a posting up on the XM Forums of its whereabouts.

The /\ offtop:c , Back on topic !

Mulley (Matthew), have you worked out who is the likely custodian of the BX Freebies is yet ?

:lol:

Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Maybe the appropriately named "BX Bandit" ? :wink:
1991 BX19GTi Auto
rayfenwick
1K Away

Post by rayfenwick »

RxBX wrote:Hi, Ray I go on both the XM Forums regularly I have never seen any such offer !
Perhaps if it was on the FCF Forum then maybe I missed it as I don't frequent that site as regular, please clarify where it was posted/offered ?
Initially it was offered on here, XM-L and CitroenXM Yahoo groups, and it got posted to (AFAIK) FCF and Autoshite by others. At that time the car belonged to a friend, and he received interested email and phone calls from around a dozen or so people, who did little more than hummed and ahhed.

Sadly the car had to be moved and in moving it to the temporary (1 week) space the offside strut top collapsed and the car was given back to me in a "It's your problem now, or I'll weigh it in basis". A limp about bodge made from an old boiler bracket was installed so the car could be moved:

I was desperately trying to find somewhere else to put it in order to repair the car, or as a last resort strip it for all the useful stuff, but due to my brother's car coming off the road suddenly, there simply was "no room at the inn".

After a frantic "come get it for free" campaign to those who'd previously shown interest the week was up and I had no choice - I stripped what I could (not easy when you're ill, and don't have much by way of tools), but had to leave the car drivable, as it would have to make its own way to the scrappers. Sadly the car was weighed in at a metal merchants, and much of the useful stuff was cubed.

Although cars are lumps of metal and petrochemicals, I am absolutely gutted by what happened to that car, and if the guy at the scrappers had said "I'll save it, but won't pay you anything" I'd have gladly handed over the keys....
Ray

The Fleet (most recent first):
2000 Citroën XM 3.0 24V V6 Exclusive Auto (pre-MOT)
1997 Citroën XM 2.0 TCT Exclusive Auto (for sale)
1979 Citroën CX 2.4 EI Cmatic Prestige (slowly being restored)

1992 Alfa Romeo 164 Lusso 3.0 v6 12v Manual (on the to-do list)

www.citroencarclub.co.uk