TZD Hurricane. Spares, repairs, parts whatever!

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

To my comparitively untrained eye I'd say that is eminently fixable. There is nothing structural of significance rearwards of the crossmember under the rear seats as far as I know. Others on here will pronounce their initial verdicts, but it looks like, with some help, it could drive again. Is it now on a CAT D or CAT C?

I have (or will have) a bumper.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
demag
BXpert

Post by demag »

Looks quite straightforward to me. Once the bumper and bits of trim are off I don't think it will be too bad. I would think the bumper and rear panel took most of the hit.
Dave.

2004 C5 Exclusive Estate 2.2hdi automatic.
1990 Bx TGS automatic.
richardd1652
1K Away

Post by richardd1652 »

It may just be the angle the photos has been taken or just my imagination but doesnt the rear wheel look to be a long way forward in the wheelarch especially as suspension is down? Has the subframe moved/distorted?
Ps what a crying shame but hopefully repairable.
Richard.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

richardd1652 wrote:It may just be the angle the photos has been taken or just my imagination but doesnt the rear wheel look to be a long way forward in the wheelarch especially as suspension is down? Has the subframe moved/distorted?
Ps what a crying shame but hopefully repairable.
Richard.
I think its just the photo. it would have to be hit VERY hard for that to happen,

Paul what are you doing with the car, breaking it for spares? seems a shame as these hurricanes are rear now.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

That looks fixable, but as a keeper, as you'd probably spend more than its worth to do it properly unless you have all the kit to do everything yourself. Even then, the time needed would make it a labour of love rather than an economic proposition.

The Hurricane is one of my favorite models so I'd definately say save it rather than break it up (even with the wrong interior :wink: )
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

Depends on the rear wing and 'C' pillar, it looks like they may have been shunted forward. Does the rear door still open?
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
Paul296
Over 2k
My Cars: Citroen BX 17 TZD Hurricane
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

Hi All,

Theoretically it may well be fixable, but the whole of the rear wing is bent - as this is part of the bodyshell of the car it would be an immense undertaking to sort it out - both in terms of time and money. I have therefore decided to break the car or at least Shaune (aka 'Kens mate Shaune') will be doing.

It would be with a great deal of regret that I decided to give up on any BX, but particularly a 'Hurricane' as 1. I really like them, and 2. There can't be more than a handful of good ones left now. But it did seem to be the most sensible solution.

Anyway, the engine and gear box is being used to replace those in Shaunes 'Hurricane' (J899 - there are some pics of it on here somewhere, and very nice it is too) which I hope to buy from him when the work is finished - the rest of J821 will be used to make sure a number of other BX's get to fight another day!!

When Shaune drove my car away I stood at the end of the street - saluted and hummed 'the last post' . . . .actually that last bit's a lie - but I did feel like it . . . well a bit! Thanks for all the help and advice - much appreciated.

Cheers

Paul
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

At least it's 'remains' won't go to waste.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Hurricane
BXpert

Post by Hurricane »

Hey wereabouts is this car then?
K BX 19 TXD
J BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
J BX TZD Turbo
Paul296
Over 2k
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

Newark, Nottinghamshire.
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

Paul296 wrote:.......................
Anyway, the engine and gear box is being used to replace those in Shaunes 'Hurricane' (J899 - there are some pics of it on here somewhere, and very nice it is too) which I hope to buy from him when the work is finished - the rest of J821 will be used to make sure a number of other BX's get to fight another day!
Paul
Paul ! Here's the Gallery LINK to Shaunes J899 HURRICANE !

:)
Paul296
Over 2k
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

Thanks. Yes I've seen them - Pritty car!! ^^bx>

Paul
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

Who has this car now ? I want a few bits for my Hurricane but don't know who to pm..........
TIA
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
Paul296
Over 2k
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

The car is currently near Newark in Nottinghamshire. The engine and gearbox are being dropped into another Hurricane, then I'm not sure what Shaunes plans are for the rest of the car. I will be speaking to him at some point over the next couple of weeks so would be happy to keep you posted on the availability (or not) of parts.

Paul
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Im after a front splitter Paul....
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....