Return piping

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
BX Meteor
BXpert

Post by BX Meteor »

that sounds a good idea !

For info .....
I just went onto GSF web-site and they list "BX with PAS Octopus return", their part number 453PC0600, but I called the Leicester and Derby stores and they said it was not listed on their computers. So I ordered it on-line (£34 + VAT + del) but then I got a call from GSF warehouse saying it's no longer a stocked item.

Not tried calling a UK Citroen dealer about it, I guess the Polish-made ones are only available on the continent. Could be an opportunity for someone to import some !!
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

That's a point, do the PAS and none Pas have a different octopus then?
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

There's only one octopus available for all models - power and non power steering. The 4WD had a separate one.
I think if you ordered your 'oil back harness' part no.96 030 258 in Uk that would score you a Polski octopus! :D
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
BX Meteor
BXpert

Post by BX Meteor »

Kevan ... as Todd says the Octopus is same on PAS and non-PAS. The difference between PAS and non-PAS is as follows:
1st pipe going clockwise on the reservoir is the supply to the pmp
2nd pipe is the main return from from height correctors when height is changed on the lever, plus on PAS from the PAS pinion and flow distributor
3rd is from brakes
4th/5th/6th are from Octopus set

Todd .... yes 96-030-258 is the Octopus set (Item 2 on parts drawing GB D15 3944) , I think I will call a Citroen dealer in the UK on Monday to find out if they sell it, out of interest.

b.t.w I guess Todd has this .... I have a Citroen Series 2 Original Parts fiche, 1 July 1986 onwards, ORGA 3522 .... in PDF format. I have no idea where I got it from, from the date of the PDF I think I downloaded it from somewhere on the internet in January 2009. I might have downloaded it from this club or someone else in the club put a link to it. Maybe not. If not, it's about 9MB, send me a post if you want it.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Defender110 wrote:I could easily make a suitable replacement out of nylon tubing & speed couplings as used for fuel & high pressure air lines on HGV's. I notice these are also used as a replacement for copper pipes and soldered fittings by plumbers nowadays. The push in speed couplings are very easy to use and remarkably robust + available in every size imaginable metric and imperial.
thats exactley what I intend to do, since I have an almost unlimited supply of various gauge bus air pipe and fittings!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
rayfenwick
1K Away

Post by rayfenwick »

toddao wrote:I think if you ordered your 'oil back harness' part no.96 030 258 in Uk that would score you a Polski octopus! :D
o?miornica? ;)
Ray

The Fleet (most recent first):
2000 Citroën XM 3.0 24V V6 Exclusive Auto (pre-MOT)
1997 Citroën XM 2.0 TCT Exclusive Auto (for sale)
1979 Citroën CX 2.4 EI Cmatic Prestige (slowly being restored)

1992 Alfa Romeo 164 Lusso 3.0 v6 12v Manual (on the to-do list)

www.citroencarclub.co.uk
rayfenwick
1K Away

Post by rayfenwick »

docchevron wrote: thats exactley what I intend to do, since I have an almost unlimited supply of various gauge bus air pipe and fittings!
Damn you capable people with your supply useful parts! ;)
Ray

The Fleet (most recent first):
2000 Citroën XM 3.0 24V V6 Exclusive Auto (pre-MOT)
1997 Citroën XM 2.0 TCT Exclusive Auto (for sale)
1979 Citroën CX 2.4 EI Cmatic Prestige (slowly being restored)

1992 Alfa Romeo 164 Lusso 3.0 v6 12v Manual (on the to-do list)

www.citroencarclub.co.uk
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

You could try asking my mate Shaune as he has a TZD with engine out parked at the end of his street.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

rayfenwick wrote:
docchevron wrote: thats exactley what I intend to do, since I have an almost unlimited supply of various gauge bus air pipe and fittings!
Damn you capable people with your supply useful parts! ;)
At some point, ya know when I actually get round to it, then I'll most likely make a "master" and then I can easily run off as many ready to fit units as anyone required.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
BX Meteor
BXpert

Post by BX Meteor »

looking forward to that very much, hope it would go in the Technical FAQ as a sticky ..... I guess that there would be 3 separate return sections ?

..... why is the Octopus a 1-piece when its actually 3 separate sections ?