Am looking for a TZD BX

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
madasahatter

Am looking for a TZD BX

Post by madasahatter »

Ok bit strange this, i have owned a coupld of TZD's in the past and a GTI petrol BX and really enjoyed them. I now need a motorway cruiser to put some miles on it.

So i am looking for a Bx again now, so what should i be looking to pay etc, anyone got a diesel for sale ??

Am not totally car orientated so what do i need to look for as well??

8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
sdelasal
BXpert

Post by sdelasal »

hello .. I think this comment 'I now need a motorway cruiser to put some miles on it' combined with this ' Am not totally car orientated...' means you should look at something newer than a BX, something that can be fixed cheaply by local mechanic. Bx's are getting older now and you need to be prepared to work on them or have deep pockets and pay someone else to. Steve
madasahatter

Post by madasahatter »

sdelasal wrote:hello .. I think this comment 'I now need a motorway cruiser to put some miles on it' combined with this ' Am not totally car orientated...' means you should look at something newer than a BX, something that can be fixed cheaply by local mechanic. Bx's are getting older now and you need to be prepared to work on them or have deep pockets and pay someone else to. Steve
Ok lets rephrase that then, i can if i have to lol also know some mechanics with their own garages :lol: :lol:

All the Bx's i have had have been reliable and great!!!
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Yes,
but they do break down and a simple fluid leak can turn into a major problem as most of us BX nutters will attest.
All depends what you want to pay and whether lady luck is on your side re what you purchase.

I suppose a motor with the least miles on the clock and a very good service history is the best bet so be prepared to pay well for it as good ones are getting a bit more pricey now. Go for the best you can afford or something a bit more modern as its almost a medical affliction for those of us who own them.

I too am not particularly mechanically minded but this forum has taught me a great deal and kept my BX from a well early grave.

Good luck.

Andy
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

With an avatar name like that you should fit into BX ownership quite nicely. You already seam to know the right car to be looking for althought you will pay a little premium for a TZD you will certainly soak up the motorway miles. They come up quite regularly on ebay and occasionally on here.
I've got to disagree with Steve you don't need deep pockets at all most repairs can be done for the cost of just a diagnostic on more modern cars.
You do however need to find the right car first with bodywork being a major factor.
Good luck with the search and welcome aboard.
Check in the enginge bay for rusted inner wings, door hinge area, rear door shuts / sill area and cross member round rear arm mountings.
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
johnbird
BXpert

Post by johnbird »

you can buy mine from me for £900 if you want,its done just under 4,000 miles with me since christmas when i parked my convertible up for the winter,been waiting for my saab 99 to take over my commute but that is one long tale of turbo problems woe and still not fixed.
i have a grey turbo diesel bx tzd.known history and i think its considered to be a good example of the breed.its been turn key reliable for me since i fixed a busted lhm pipe on it a week after i bought it. i am doing 250/300 miles a week in it at 48.5 mpg.its very tidy all round and has a huge sheaf of bills and two fully stamped up service books.mileage is around 131,000 ish,taxed for six months and mot till sometime in october.
i am getting the convertible out my mums garage now the suns here and the 99 is soon to be fixed-new turbo etc etc and my drive only holds so many cars. i had meant to sell it a month ago but the 99 went technical again and it was too cold for the soft top but now seems a good time to part. john.
audi a8 quattro
saab9-5 aero
saab99 turbo
smart roadster
citroen bx tzd
sdelasal
BXpert

Post by sdelasal »

Finding a good mechanic that you can trust is half the battle - sounds like your there on that one.
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

P.S in my experience regular use is a major input into reliability. Both my cars are used everyday and are ultra reliable (correctly serviced) and I wouldn't hesitate in going any distance in either of them. I don't think occasional use suits any car but particularly not green blooded Citroens.
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
madasahatter

Post by madasahatter »

johnbird wrote:you can buy mine from me for £900 if you want,its done just under 4,000 miles with me since christmas when i parked my convertible up for the winter,been waiting for my saab 99 to take over my commute but that is one long tale of turbo problems woe and still not fixed.
i have a grey turbo diesel bx tzd.known history and i think its considered to be a good example of the breed.its been turn key reliable for me since i fixed a busted lhm pipe on it a week after i bought it. i am doing 250/300 miles a week in it at 48.5 mpg.its very tidy all round and has a huge sheaf of bills and two fully stamped up service books.mileage is around 131,000 ish,taxed for six months and mot till sometime in october.
i am getting the convertible out my mums garage now the suns here and the 99 is soon to be fixed-new turbo etc etc and my drive only holds so many cars. i had meant to sell it a month ago but the 99 went technical again and it was too cold for the soft top but now seems a good time to part. john.
Have you got some pics please or a link to where i can find some........

A good mechanic yeah and 2 ramps is a god send!!

At present i have a audi A6 quattro 2.8 nice but expensive to run, a sierra 24v 4x4 cosworth ( Rotten ) and i have a son that lives 200 miles away so i so need a diesel car now lol. When i get time i will post some pics up of my cars old and new but a lot are Sierra's as i do like them too!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
johnbird
BXpert

Post by johnbird »

I'm pretty sure there are pics to be found on the forum. I'm in the truck at the moment so it will probably be later this evening before I am home. I will try to put some on for you. I've pmd you my phone number if you want to ask me any questionms. I think you may find the original for sale add from the. Bloke I bought the car from. Was around mid december last year. Name of member was mal tzd or similar. I know mal from the saab forums. John
audi a8 quattro
saab9-5 aero
saab99 turbo
smart roadster
citroen bx tzd
MalTZD
Confirmed BX'er

Post by MalTZD »

johnbird wrote:I'm pretty sure there are pics to be found on the forum. I'm in the truck at the moment so it will probably be later this evening before I am home. I will try to put some on for you. I've pmd you my phone number if you want to ask me any questionms. I think you may find the original for sale add from the. Bloke I bought the car from. Was around mid december last year. Name of member was mal tzd or similar. I know mal from the saab forums. John
Probably one of the best available.

Link to ad when I sold it.

http://www.bxclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13543
BX TZD
SAAB 99GL
Suzuki Alto
johnbird
BXpert

Post by johnbird »

thanks mal,still not found the 99 steering wheel i have,my arse has been stuck in a truck.....
audi a8 quattro
saab9-5 aero
saab99 turbo
smart roadster
citroen bx tzd
jacksun1987
BXpert

Post by jacksun1987 »

hi are u still looking for a zd

thanks
PAUL JACKSON
1991 h reg 1.7tzd hatch in black 159.000 miles had
1992 k reg 1.7 txd hatch in red 179. 000 miles had
Renaul laguna exspessin 02 plate 1.8 16v 75 k had
cosa 1.2 brezze 150 k had
406 glx 1.9 td 170k s reg white got
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

Mothman

Post by Mothman »

I bought my L reg Estate on feebay 5 years ago for £350 and she is still running, in fact better than ever. Ok, spent a grand on her over that time which works out at 200 quid a year which isnt bad for an 18 year old motor. Mabe the Estate on ebay wouldnt be a bad buy?

Andy