Sad Day - My TXD has to go!!!

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
sarahjaneking
BXpert
My Cars: 1993 Silver BX 1.7 TXD Turbo Hatch
1992 Black BX 1.7 TZD Turbo Hatch
2006 Silver C8 2.0 Hdi

Sad Day - My TXD has to go!!!

Post by sarahjaneking »

The family have voted and apparently my silver baby has to go and we're keeping the black one with the fuel leak!!!!!!!!! We're only getting rid of one at all due to financial issues.

Originally bought off this site, http://www.bxclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10579

Currently garaged and it's a pain to get in and out so please let me know any specific photos you would like as I don't want to damage her.

She is a 1.7 TXD Turbo, The spoiler is currently not fitted and is halfway through being resprayed, she has lego brick alloys on 3 wheels (4th is in the boot, tyre is not sealing on the rim (very slight knock) so slowly goes down - good tyre though) and one steel wheel fitted. She has done about 127k miles. She had a brand new Octopus done by Paris Autos back in February - I can't find the receipt at the moment but am sure I can get a copy. Also had a brand New Windscreen fitted over the winter. New Actuator sphere november 2009 (i have this receipt) other spheres were checked at the time and found to be more than ok. Electric windows work, electric roof works and doesn't leak. There is some rust at the top of the windscreen and on the pillar n/s at the top there is a rust hole approx 3/4" in diameter. Where the bonnet holder upper clips in the bit it clips in to is a bit broken and you can pull it off, paris autos advised this was not a problem. No tax I'm afraid but MOT until June 9th 2011. Also Offside and nearside rear radius arms have slight play in pin/bush. O/s front and N/S rear tyres are very low, also advised on mot that o/s and n/s rear position lamps are slightly affected by the operation of another lamp - i have resolved this by cleaning them all up as someone on this site helpfully described. Also advised of an oil leak but TBH she doesn't appear to lose any and uses less oil than any other car i've owned. Also advised battery insecure, this is the positive terminal connector which is worn and so slightly loose. New rear backbox about two years ago, replacement strut return pipes fitted at the front within the last year, also a refurb alternator and a new stop solenoid. Starts first time, runs very well (you do get smoke if you boot it) I feel that the gearbox is a little clunky when cold but hubby disagrees. Clock is so dim as to be unreadable (but at least the dash lights up in this one unlike the one we're keeping).

Any questions please ask, I'm sure I'll have missed something, needs to go asap as garage is costing me £60 a month, I'm in manchester about 1/4 mile from LCCC and Manchester United and the trafford centre, so it could be a fun day out for the whole family.

thanks

Sarah
1993 Silver BX 1.7 TXD Turbo Hatch (although I don't know where it is - seriously!!!)
1992 Black BX 1.7 TZD Turbo Hatch (we've been apart for 3 years but now reunited)
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

PM sent
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
Wooscary
BXpert

Re: Sad Day - My TXD has to go!!!

Post by Wooscary »

sarahjaneking wrote: I'm in manchester about 1/4 mile from LCCC and Manchester United and the trafford centre, so it could be a fun day out for the whole family.

thanks

Sarah
I don't understand how I've never spotted you.

Good luck with the sale.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Pm sent.
Vauxhall apologist.
sarahjaneking
BXpert
My Cars: 1993 Silver BX 1.7 TXD Turbo Hatch
1992 Black BX 1.7 TZD Turbo Hatch
2006 Silver C8 2.0 Hdi

Re: Sad Day - My TXD has to go!!!

Post by sarahjaneking »

Wooscary wrote:
sarahjaneking wrote: I'm in manchester about 1/4 mile from LCCC and Manchester United and the trafford centre, so it could be a fun day out for the whole family.

thanks

Sarah
I don't understand how I've never spotted you.

Good luck with the sale.
Nor I you, although I'll still have the black one so there's still time :)

Funniest was on boxing day, me and hubby were both thrilled when for the first time we drove past a lovely BX travelling in the opposite direction, I wonder how he felt driving past two of them :D
1993 Silver BX 1.7 TXD Turbo Hatch (although I don't know where it is - seriously!!!)
1992 Black BX 1.7 TZD Turbo Hatch (we've been apart for 3 years but now reunited)
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

Have you sold it yet Sarah? If not, how much are you looking for for it?

Cheers
aynako50

Post by aynako50 »

Hi Sarah
Have you sold it? Very interested
Regardsw Richard