I'm looking to sell up ............. it's an age thing!

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Well, i take my hat off to you Bob, its a great thing you are planning to do.

Its also a hard thing to do as i can tell you from experience but ime sure your parents will be very grateful. However, it can also be very hard on yourself and your family so do make time for yourself too so maybe, just maybe, it would be a good idea to keep one of the BXs. I need such things to stop myself from going mad at times.

Good luck to you.

Andy
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Grenman wrote: so maybe, just maybe, it would be a good idea to keep one of the BXs. I need such things to stop myself from going mad at times.

Good luck to you.

Andy
Quite agree, you need a hobby!
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Linegeist
BXpert

Post by Linegeist »

Hobbies are usually things you are not only going to enjoy doing, but also carry the presumption of the capability of doing them. In other words, you have to be ABLE to do the hobby you select ........ (otherwise my hobby'd be playing ToyBoy to Penelope Keith <pant><salivate>(don't ask - it's personal)) :twisted: :P

This brings me to the main reason for stepping off the classic car scene. I can happily stand at my bench for anything up to an hour before I have to loosen my spine up, but getting down onto the floor - or under a car - is nigh on impossible, especially in winter. I spent too long stupidly jumping out of perfectly serviceable grey aircraft before they landed, with the result that I have the standard NATO complement of knackered knees, shagged spine and clicky hips (not to mention a strange sense of humour and a problem in getting along with civilians). :P :P

If someone can come up with a method of getting the BX to rise about 3 feet on its suspension, then I might have a chance of servicing mine again in the near future. As it stands, the last service I did a few weeks back took me nearly 6 hours by the time I'd crawled around the floor, grunted like a rutting hedgehog for effect, and upended my roller toolcab by trying to clamber up it while trying to get foot-borne again. :roll: They make rubbish zimmer frames. You guys may find this hard to believe, but I actually don't have to work very hard in order to look like a disjointed sloth that's been marinaded in cheap cooking sherry and turned loose after a spell in a spin-dryer.

If someone wants to be helpful, let's have some idea of what I should be looking for wonga-wise for my pair of BX's. :lol:
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Penelope Keith, now your talking! :wink:
Linegeist
BXpert

Post by Linegeist »

See? I just knew you were a bloke of taste and good breeding. :wink: :lol:
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Linegeist wrote:See? I just knew you were a bloke of taste and good breeding. :wink: :lol:
She just has a certain something! if the Good Life or the Manor Born on sky and thats me for the night!
messerschmitt owner
BXpert

Post by messerschmitt owner »

get a two-post ramp fitted!
Citroen XM 2.1TD SX hatchback
Citroen XM 2.1TD VSX estate
Smart Roadster
Fiat Punto Cabriolet
Messerschmitt Kr200
Bond minicar mk C
Fiat 126 Bis
BX-less at the moment!
Linegeist
BXpert

Post by Linegeist »

The bog positively mindles! What effect would that have on Ms Keith?
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Presumably it would assist her in the 'going up and down' department?

Back on topic(!) :wink:

How about these?

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

I like those!
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
Des Smith
1K Away

Post by Des Smith »

took me nearly 6 hours by the time I'd crawled around the floor, grunted like a rutting hedgehog
I do that just putting my boots on..........
BX14TE St Tropez 1990 - now sold
Xsara Forte 1.4i 2000
Kawasaki GPz550A4 1987
Linegeist
BXpert

Post by Linegeist »

Ooooh! Prickly are we? :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :wink:
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

I spent too long stupidly jumping out of perfectly serviceable grey aircraft before they landed
Did that myself but so far no serious aches n pains other than general wearing out of everything.

I would therefore suggest you get someone else to service the
BX. You havnt got to do everything yourself even though you used to in the past. Part of a lifestyle change as ime sure you will miss the bugger if you let both of them go. I know i certainly would.
You will really need something to take your mind off caring now and then, i certainly do and the BX certainly does that for me, especially when something either breaks or falls off.

Andy
Brian
BXpert

Post by Brian »

Just seen this thread, very sorry to read of your predicament.

I trust it all works out well for you.

By the way, I have just noticed your deliberate mistake, you have the estate upside down :wink:
Linegeist
BXpert

Post by Linegeist »

Grenman wrote:You will really need something to take your mind off caring now and then................<SNIP>...................the BX certainly does that for me, especially when something either breaks or falls off.

Andy
I gave up caring about it years ago ... I just take each minute as it comes.

Blimey Andy! You must have had the same MO as me .........! I haven't had anything fall off yet, but my left leg sometimes foes missing for minutes at a time. :lol:

(How many other ways can I misconstrue Andy's post?) O:)