I'm looking to sell up ............. it's an age thing!

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
BX Meteor
BXpert

Post by BX Meteor »

hmm never had the pleasue of visiting Shinfield.

At least it is on the South side of the M4 and somewhat disconnected from Reading (the major part of the "U-bend in the Thames valley bowl")

I didn't know Shinfied had chavs, but if you like wind-turbines the one in Shinfield is impossible to miss. Maybe you could encourage the chavs to hang onto the blades (like the sheep did in one episode of Shaun the Sheep)

EDIT ..... I just typed "Shinfield Rise" into google earth, it's not Shinfield, it's .... aarrrgh .... no ....
Linegeist
BXpert

Post by Linegeist »

BX Meteor wrote:EDIT ..... I just typed "Shinfield Rise" into google earth, it's not Shinfield, it's .... aarrrgh .... no ....
Precisely! D'you see my point? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :?

I wonder if I can get a blunderbuss on my firearms licence.......... :lol: :wink:
BX Meteor
BXpert

Post by BX Meteor »

Linegeist wrote: Mother ....... bought a £360k bungalow on the outskirts of Reading itself.
Must be a massive bungalow in that area to be worth that much, maybe estate agents mistook the Burberry clothing worn by locals as aristocratic in origin
http://uk.burberry.com/store/?WT.srch=1
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

Readings horrible and Tilehurst is an ugly wart on Readings arse,

my daughter lives in Woodley which is a little bit better but still not great,

shame the fire around Crowthorne didnt spread a bit and level the whole sh*!thole to the ground
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
JayW
1K Away

Post by JayW »

Susan Donym wrote:shame the fire around Crowthorne didnt spread a bit and level the whole sh*!thole to the ground
It would only have been allowed to do that if it took Basingstoke as well :wink:
I have zero patience for your tedium.
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

Ive just thought ,
isnt there some sort of irony in someone from Milton Keynes criticizing Reading :D

(thought I would say it before someone else did )
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
BX Meteor
BXpert

Post by BX Meteor »

I dunno, MK isn't too bad, not fantastic, but not a ghastly mixture of different architectures and road layouts

(hope we're not in danger of a thread hijack ....maybe a new thread under general chat "what is the worst town in england")
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

[quote="
(hope we're not in danger of a thread hijack ....maybe a new thread under general chat "what is the worst town in england")[/quote]

Sheerness for sure.

Andy
Linegeist
BXpert

Post by Linegeist »

Sheerness is a bit grom I have to admit. But have you seen the Medway Towns recently, just up the road? I grew up there (along with Iserlohn in Germany) and I took a trip down memory lane a couple of years back.

I couldn't wait to get away - it nearly gave me amnesia.

I got asked twice, "What are you lookin' at mate?" by weedy looking chavs with weak spines, and for whom the reply, "Have you got a label I can read son?" wasn't the ideal icebreaker .... And the place was totally money-centric. Everything you did cost something ..... even the public lav I went into for a swift dribble wanted 20p off me.

Almost as bad as Reading IMHO. :lol:
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

BX Meteor wrote: MK isn't too bad
You've clearly not visited then . . .
Oscar
1K Away

Post by Oscar »

Linegeist wrote:Sheerness is a bit grom I have to admit. But have you seen the Medway Towns recently, just up the road? I grew up there (along with Iserlohn in Germany) and I took a trip down memory lane a couple of years back.

I couldn't wait to get away - it nearly gave me amnesia.

I got asked twice, "What are you lookin' at mate?" by weedy looking chavs with weak spines, and for whom the reply, "Have you got a label I can read son?" wasn't the ideal icebreaker .... And the place was totally money-centric. Everything you did cost something ..... even the public lav I went into for a swift dribble wanted 20p off me.

Almost as bad as Reading IMHO. :lol:
See my post about chavs....Medway Towns of course.
(Red BX 1.7TZD ("Well, it is a style icon" - Tom Sheppard)) "Was", Tom, "was"
BX Meteor
BXpert

Post by BX Meteor »

Vanny wrote: You've clearly not visited then . . .
your windscreen is not clear .... I have
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

I love MK,
theres parks and lakes around every corner, the grid road system is brilliant even a total retard could understand it and it allows you to get from place to place quickly without scores of traffic lights.
the roundabouts allow the traffic to flow really smoothly.

loads for the kids to do , we have the best indoor ski slope in the country , theatre , clubs , shopping .everything you could wish for .

I moved up here from Harrow (yes as in Harrow on the Hill) 13 years ago and I haven't been back for about 5 years furthermore I have no wish to go again.

and since Vanny has said he wont come back again , its virtually a scouse free zone , bonus !!! :D
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Wrexham (as is a large chunk of North Wales) is an absolute dump. Telford's not much better either.
Vauxhall apologist.