BX Meteor D for Spares/Repair - ....Sold now....

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
adamskibx
BXpert

BX Meteor D for Spares/Repair - ....Sold now....

Post by adamskibx »

Hi All - I am selling my Meteor 1.9D for spares/repair as I don't have the time to fix it up before the MOT expires (June I think but will check tomorrow and also supply photo's ASAP)

Good Bits:

A1 engine, Suspension joints and an excellent drive.

Good body from a visual perspective (chip missing from tailgate corner though and a few minor scrapes on bumpers)

Bad Bits:

Broken rear quarter window in o/s door, new key or lock set required. (I would normally attack it in the known way and I couldn't do it with a branch of a tree or my fingers).

New ignition barrel required due to emergency break in.

Fuel pipes leaking slightly under drivers seat area.

New Octopus requires - Both large and small if that makes sense..

New front strut returns required.

Tailgate lock inop..There is a method to this until its fixed.

Syncromesh on 3rd gear is FUBAR.. It happened with no warning, I think from putting it into gear while still and the engine off, so might not be the syncro but some sort of selector arm.

Good seats and interior but will needd new lower shroud once a new ignition barrel is fitted.

Both front inner wings a bit soft in places.

One rear door shut has a hole in the usual place.

The rest of the underside is very good apart from a little boot floor rust where the rearmost exhaust hanger joins it.

Other points: It has a tow bar with twin electrics, a great clutch and excellent ride and handling.

Scrap value has got to be £100 - Can deliver depending on the area, possibly for free if London..

Photo's:

Last edited by adamskibx on Mon May 30, 2011 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

I have decided to put it on Ebay instead - Its got a bit more MOT than I thought it had.. 15th July 2011.

Item number: 200611753483
bxzx16v
BXpert

Post by bxzx16v »

Does the reg number stay on the car ? I'd take it off it's worth at least £250 , it will cost £80 to put on a retainer , just an idea

Mark
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

Ohh really... Thats interesting. How can you be sure?
bxzx16v
BXpert

Post by bxzx16v »

Do a search on the Dvla cherished number site for a similar reg number and see what it brings up , I don't know if you have another car to put the number on but I would definatly take it of the Bx for £80 , it does look too nice for scrap though , I put a cherished number on my 2006 Citroen Dispatch last year and with it being a very nice van it just finishes it of ,

Mark
bxzx16v
BXpert

Post by bxzx16v »

Just been on the Dvla cherished number site and reg numbers B onwards two numbers and MDG start at £405 including £80 transfer fee , for the £80 to put it on a retainer until you either sell it or put it onto something else really makes sense , hope this is of help

Mark
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

adamskibx wrote:I have decided to put it on Ebay instead - Its got a bit more MOT than I thought it had.. 15th July 2011.

Item number: 200611753483
LINK !

:)
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

Umm - Thanks for that. I will investigate this later, but yeah, like you say it's too good to scrap. I wonder if there is any way to get a new numberplate for the BX once it gone...

Thanks for the link RXBX, I always mess that up when I try!
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

What the DVLA have them for sale for isn't what you can sell one for, the DVLA won't buy it off you so unless you know how to contact loads of prospective buyers with those initials I fail to see how you could sell it.
Plus I think i'm right in saying the car has to be mot'd to do no.plate transfers which won't leave you much time.
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

Interesting.. Oh well - I think I will let it run with it on and see what happens.
Ta
Adam
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Indeed, you would need to retain it, and it would need to be MOT'ed, I would put a footnote on the ebay to say that the plate DOESNT come with the sale unless a certain price is agreed. Shame its a bit rotten as the body looks quite tidy.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

Yes good advice Tim, but my only concern then is that the car is useless without a number plate...And it does have around 2 months MOT left...Difficult one..To sell it without a number plate warrants it as a parts bin only, but to sell it with it means I COULD be loosing out..Arrrh.
bxzx16v
BXpert

Post by bxzx16v »

I hate to say this but with the price of scrap so high it might be worth more s scrap rather than have all the hassle of selling it , someone at work weighed a pug 306 in and got iro £250 , personally I would retain the number , take any bits of and scrap it then let a number plate company advertise the plate if you don't want to keep it

Mark
BX Meteor
BXpert

Post by BX Meteor »

bxzx16v wrote:I hate to say this but with the price of scrap so high it might be worth more s scrap rather than have all the hassle of selling it , someone at work weighed a pug 306 in and got iro £250 , personally I would retain the number , take any bits of and scrap it then let a number plate company advertise the plate if you don't want to keep it

Mark
Absolutely, no-one other than a BX'er will buy it on ebay in that condition IMO, so it probably won't sell for more than scrap value with/without plate. Google "car registration plates" and there are several. Some years ago I valued a 3 letter 3 number with "reg transfers" just to get a value (did not want to sell it) and occasionally (still) get reminders as well as (unasked for) plates to buy with my initials. But their emails are not frequent, not annoying.
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

Seems a shame to scrap a car if all it needs a bit of welding doing to it, as the rest does look very tidy, remember, these beasts are getting rare so if they aren't saved now they'll be gone :cry:
2002 C5 2.0 HDI Estate - Jasmine - Now SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - My daily
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired.
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

I'm not just a username, i'm also called Matthew.