Sad sale-1992 TZD hatch NOW SOLD.

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
spanners
Confirmed BX'er

Sad sale-1992 TZD hatch NOW SOLD.

Post by spanners »

I'm sure you've all heard the old "It's with a heavy heart" etc at the beginning of an advert but, it really is with a heavy heart I've decided it's time to part with my BX.

It's a 92 J reg "saloon", 194k miles, MOT to October and tax to the end of August.

I'll run through the bad points first then, if you've not lost interest (or the will to live) I'll go through the good points. Of which there are many of course!

Bad points:

Laquer peeling from bonnet-in fact, there's barely any laquer left on the bonnet now. :oops:

Rust hole on drivers inner front wing.

Dent on nsf wing and bumper slightly wonky.

Rust on both A pillars by upper door hinges.

Heater matrix weeping.

Rust in front of osr wheel arch.

Rust behind back bumper.

2 lines on the heated rear screen don't work.

Front foglamps don't work and one cracked.

Height controllers siezed-still comes up and runs at normal height but unable to put into high/low/intermediate etc.

I think that's about it.......

Good points:

Still runs and drives beautifully, new Valeo clutch and Valeo radiator about 25k miles back, cambelt, tensioners, water pump and camshaft seal replaced about 30k miles ago. New front strut return pipes 2 years ago.

Serviced meticulously by Citroen main dealer (well, by me at work anyway) and always used genuine parts and quality oil.

Still generally presentable and has 6j Speedlines and 16V front discs and calipers-interior is very good still-puts the new stuff at work to shame for durability!

I'll be letting my pile of spares go with her too including brand new front and rear discs and pads, wishbone bushes, anti-roll bar drop links, fuel filters and handbrake cables (there's probably other stuff too as I'm quite a hoarder......) along with used stuff including nsf wing, front bumper, front and rear lamp units, switches locks etc etc.

Sadly, with the Ami, 2CV and Mrs Spanners' Freelander to look after, I need to replace it with something that I don't really need to "look after" in quite the same way-I.E something I don't care about so I'm hoping to realise as much as I can for the whole lot.

And with that, I'd ideally like somewhere around the £500 mark.....

Probably a smidge optimistic but, we'll see.

I'm located in Longbridge, Birmingham-about 5 minutes from both the M42 and the M5.

PM or e-mail spanners2cv(at)hotmail.co.uk

:cry: :cry: [/u]
Last edited by spanners on Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
spanners
Confirmed BX'er

Post by spanners »

Bump!

Not a single bite or even a question......

Am I asking too much? Considering everything that would be going with her, I'm not sure it is!

(Constructive) Feedback is always welcome

I'm absolutely gutted to be in this situation but, as I don't like towing with her anymore-the Freelander is fiendishly uncomfortable and the very thought of doing 600 odd mile round trips in the Discovery with a trailer/caravan on the back fills me with mortal fear, I need to part with her to buy something bordering on comfortable with a towbar. :(
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

I'd say the price the price is a bit high considering the work that needs doing, mind you, I'm from Yorkshire :lol:

Paul Jackson has been trying to sell one on here for £350, his has issues too, different to yours but still needing work, he's had no bites either.
One problem on here is most people already have one, so unless a car for sale is either in really good condition or very cheap, they don't often sell on here :(
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

I think it's like most classics at the moment. Good ones are fetching the money, but ones needing work will struggle more. I'd quite like to get back into BXing with a TZD, but I can't take on one that needs bodywork like that as I'd have to farm out that sort of work, which costs muchos dollar.

My Catch 22 is that to get a nice TZD, I need more money than I have...
spanners
Confirmed BX'er

Post by spanners »

Points taken.

I would of course consider reasonable offers on the whole lot or just for the car and offer all the spares seperately......

If time and space were no restraint, I wouldn't even think of selling her but, as I'm quite sure many of you are familiar with, they are. Bloddy work always gets in the way of fun!

To be fair, she owes me nothing and costs me damn near nowt to keep but still takes up space on the (already somewhat cluttered) driveway.

Damn me and my car habit! :lol:
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

spanners wrote:Bump!

Not a single bite or even a question......

Am I asking too much? Considering everything that would be going with her, I'm not sure it is!
yes mate sorry, with the list of faults and the tatty body I think its worth about £300 tops.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Owes you nothing? I'll give you £0 then! :P
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

If you want shut quite quickly the best way has always been ebay, but to start at very low price (I always start at £1) and set a sensible reserve.

I find classified ads on ebay to not give great results.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

can I suggest you stick the parts on here with prices
( and get the sunroof wind deflector off the car and advertise that seperately )

then try an add on somewhere like retro rides for the car.
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

I'd agree with above, sell the car seperately to the parts & list them up on here, i'm sure if the parts are keenly priced they'll go :D
2002 C5 2.0 HDI Estate - Jasmine - Now SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - My daily
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired.
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

I'm not just a username, i'm also called Matthew.
spanners
Confirmed BX'er

Post by spanners »

Cheers for the feedback people, much appreciated and all good points too.

However......

I'm fickle and don't want to take any parts off her-it would almost feel like I'd started breaking her!

I may chuck her on Retro Rides and see if there's any interest in the car (on its own) but, failing that, it looks like it'll be another Spanners shaped U-turn and I'll be cranking the old mig up again!

The main problem is, it'll be a really hard act to follow-it's been almost 100% reliable (a fuel leak-I'm alergic to diesel!, a dead battery and the glow plugs are the only things that have ever stopped me using her) and consequently, if I do replace her, I need to realise as much cash aspossible from her and my (rather shabby) Discovery. :oops:

So, perhaps now I'm hoping you'll all chip in to persuade me to keep her............. :wink:

P.S. What's the heater matrix like to change? And, are they still available?

P.P.S. Told you Iwas fickle! :oops:
Stinkwheel
1K Away

Post by Stinkwheel »

OI!!

Jon, NO, keep it.

There, arent you glad thats sorted now? :D :D
Doctor Of Gonzo Journalism!!!
93 BX TZD Estate
90 BX 14TE St Tropez
93 BX 19 TXD Estate
92 BX 16TXi
77 Ami 8 Break
79 Acadiane
81 Dyane6
84 2CV6
85 GSA saloon rally car
To slightly mis-quote Kitch ... "BX 14. They're just brilliant!"
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

Spanners asked
P.S. What's the heater matrix like to change? And, are they still available?
They are still available - I paid €30 for one here in Germany recently. I think they're harder to fit on r/h drive vehicles but not so bad - didn't our NZ friend -djm666 - recently change one in ten minutes? :D

Crank up the Mig!
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
jacksun1987
BXpert

Post by jacksun1987 »

At least im not the only one having problerms. But there might be a chance this weekend somones looking at mine on saturday. Mine seems to be in the same boat as this one. Has problerms but only let me down once.
Last edited by jacksun1987 on Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PAUL JACKSON
1991 h reg 1.7tzd hatch in black 159.000 miles had
1992 k reg 1.7 txd hatch in red 179. 000 miles had
Renaul laguna exspessin 02 plate 1.8 16v 75 k had
cosa 1.2 brezze 150 k had
406 glx 1.9 td 170k s reg white got
spanners
Confirmed BX'er

Post by spanners »

[quote="spanners"]The main problem is, it'll be a really hard act to follow-it's been almost 100% reliable [/quote

I should add that I've owned her for the last 8 years and 125k miles too... One year, we managed to do 32k miles alone!