Mudlap Fitting Kit

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Mudlap Fitting Kit

Post by Tim Leech »

Yes I know I have more chance of platting fog but I thought I would ask.

I bought a set of NEW contoured front mudlaps last week at the National, but realised today when I came to fit them to the TRS the fitting kit has vanished. More importantly I need the little clamp that affixes to the bottom edge of the sill (see picture)

Used is fine, dont mind if they are a bit rusty etc.

Cheers!

Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

These seize up dreadfully. Part of the reason I am not fitting the new rears you sold me, to the Estate. The existing flaps are solid and can't be removed without being destroyed (and there is a risk I'll hurt the car). The other reason being they look 'too old' for a 92 estate. Unless you want them back they'll go on eBay, Tim.

Have you tried Edwards? Extremely unlikely Mark can help, but worth checking.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

Phil, sent you a PM.

Most used fitting brackets for mudflaps look like something dug up from the Bronze Age. They get all the best chances to rust to nothing!

How many of those brackets do you need Tim? One for each side? You might have to fabricate or do you want the 'original' look and fit?
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

toddao wrote:Phil, sent you a PM.
How many of those brackets do you need Tim? One for each side? You might have to fabricate or do you want the 'original' look and fit?
HAHAHAHAHA! :lol:

I will keep an eye for an original set Todd, no way I would entertain doing it myself.
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

Must be a factory or hardware supplier out their able to offer an alternative...

If you have an example - or exact specs I would try asking around a few hardware suppliers.
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

What would you pay for a fabricated bracket, and do you have the dimensions? It looks possible to fabricate something in a couple of hours, but the biggest difficulty would be stopping it rusting again! Hot dip galvanising would be the best option, but for small parts like these the minimum charge probably makes it uneconomic.

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

I need a pair (right and left), the bolt in the picture is 8mm, the bracket itself is about 2 inches long.

Pay? well £10 a piece tops I suspect.

Tim.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Managed to rescue the drivers side off an old mudflap, with the help if blow torch and some molegrips to get the old broken bolts out so just the passenger side please now!.

Thanks