TZD in London

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

I'm glad you got a buyer so quickly anyway
Daaaave

Post by Daaaave »

Yeah I had no idea that it had been posted on here (or indeed that there was such a thing as a BX owners club!) until this afternoon when someone pointed it out to me. It explains the dozen or so offers that I received for a 20 year old "banger"!
nirgunapa
Confirmed BX'er

Post by nirgunapa »

The search continues :evil: :cry: :(
Colin

1998 Rover 800 SLi
1997 Skoda Felicia LXi (the wifes drive)
1999 Volvo S80 (SORN - to go)
1959 Commer Cob
1952 Riley RMA (retirement project)
Whadda ya mean, eclectic?
nirgunapa
Confirmed BX'er

Post by nirgunapa »

Actually the more I think about this the more 'hacked off' I feel.

Having 'shared' the car on here to gain some insight (I am new to Bx's after all) someone else comes along and swipes it. May not be somebody on here but more than likely as the owner even sent me a thank you for advertising it :twisted:

What happens when I find another? Keep it to myself???
Colin

1998 Rover 800 SLi
1997 Skoda Felicia LXi (the wifes drive)
1999 Volvo S80 (SORN - to go)
1959 Commer Cob
1952 Riley RMA (retirement project)
Whadda ya mean, eclectic?
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

Well, if you want to buy, then get in quick and make an offer there and then - before you tell everyone else ;) I can't see the point of being polite when there are many (some?) people who are just willing to take advantage of that generosity of spirit. No point in regretting these things. Console yourself with the fact that at 50,000 miles you'd be looking at some hefty maintenance being about due ;) Plus every mechanic I've spoken to says mileage isn't hugely important to them.

It's a shame (in some respects) that it's gone to someone for work purposes, but hey, that's what these cars were designed for, and it's a testimony to them that they are still suited to that purpose so many years later.

Lesson being - strike whilst the iron is hot!
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Yeah I think it's a real shame that it's gone to someone who "just wants a cheap diesel car for work" rather than an enthusiast.

My thinking is that you buy a car for £250, then the first time it want's anything near £200 spending on it, it gets weighed in for scrap and you gets your £200 back. That's OK if the car is an "old bone" but when it's a good example of a fast disappearing breed, it's a real shame.

As for sharing a bargain with others, that's great! but share it after you've bagged it, or as is often the case, especially on here lately, someone else does the dirty on you.
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

That was one of the reasons why I backed out in the end - I realised that part of the pleasure I get from the bx now is the camaraderie shown on here ;) and I feel I owe something to the 14 :roll:
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

ken newbold wrote:........................
As for sharing a bargain with others, that's great! but share it after you've bagged it, or as is often the case, especially on here lately, someone else does the dirty on you.

Who could that be then Ken . scratch... ?

:-k Oh ! yes :wink:

:lol: