BX N/A diesel

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

15 quid? Might last me a day (on a chilled out day!)
Over and out from me
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

15 quid's worth for 3 months? I suspect that's the same reason for my TD running on the red since the end of May....still resting?
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

i'm not keen on buying a car unseen off ebay and after talks with the owner i'd decided to view it after the auction had finished to stand a better chance of getting a good deal. (It wasnt the end of the world if i didnt get it)

It has however sold with 5 bids at nearly 400quid which to be honest is more than a BX with neglidgable history is really worth.

So the search for the ultimate in BX economy continues!

All answers on a postcard!
Over and out from me
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I`m happy all round with my 1.7 n/a hatchback. It ticks over beautifully and is actually quite a smooth runner. Speed wise it`s not going to win many races but I didn`t buy it to be a sports car. Having said that it will do 80mph all day long which is enough I reckon. It seems if you start welting it when it`s just got warmed up that it`ll speed up quite nicely for the rest of the day.
Economy seems to have dropped slightly recently but I have been going faster in it lately, maybe it`s that or maybe it wants a service I don`t know.
The under twelves football team I run are still impressed with the `pimp my ride` suspension though and when offered a chance of a lift home in my BX or a 6 month old Audi something or other the BX won. Enough said!