P2 16V WITH LEATHER

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

P2 16V WITH LEATHER

Post by Tim Leech »

Black with leather interior, advert in Citroenian states to be in good working order with many new parts.

No price though just "offers" which is rather daft.

Any interested parties let me know and I will PM you the number.

Location not provided but area code of 01823 is stated.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
saintjamesy89
Over 2k
My Cars: 1985 Citroen BX19 GT
198x Citroen BX16 TRS auto
1988 Volvo 740 2.0 GL Hearse
1991 Saab 900 16v convertible
2007 Lexus RX 400h SE

Post by saintjamesy89 »

Another one very close to me! Black, 16v, with leather, it does sound very nice. But I do prefer the P1's myself. Is there a piccie to oggle over?

No interest from me to buy btw, i'm just bloody nosy!
I'm not a Saint, or a James, but a Tom Saint-James!

Mes voitures:
1985 Citroen BX19 GT
1988 Volvo 740 2.0 GL Hearse
2006 Lexus RX 400h SE hybrid
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

No pics sorry, but a black P2 16v is quite easy to imagine! 8)
ragger
BXpert

Post by ragger »

I phoned about this, this morning and spoke to the seller who is a trader in the Taunton area. He said he would mail me some pics, but these haven't arrived as yet.

The car has been off the road for some time following a cam belt disaster leading to a change of ownership it would appear. To be honest, I wasn't quite sure what to make of what I was told, but it does have a two week old MOT certificate. There will need to be some more recommissioning done, and I would be nervous about doing a 300 mile plus journey in it as a first run to get it home.

Having said that, I came very close to owning a very smart valver a few years ago until I was gazumped and so there is still an itch there to be scratched, so I am interested to know more. As I will be down that way at the week-end for Mum's 86th birthday I shall hope to get a look, probably on Monday. If it's not for me I will report back when I get home, and if it is then details and pics will follow!

Rob
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Ok Rob

Good man, there was no mention of the cambelt disaster in the advert, but if its been mended properly that should be fine.
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

Ragger I understand your reservations about doing a 300 mile shakedown run. I did pretty much the same when I brought my valver back home to Lancaster from Southampton. A journey of 330 so miles. But you know what, the old girl never missed a beat, and we really bonded on that 1st nerve wracked adventure together. Just check the vital fluids and I'm sure you'll be fine. Good luck. :)
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.
ragger
BXpert

Post by ragger »

Now down in the West Country and SWMBO has forwarded on to me a few pictures received from the vendor (I haven't asked his permission so I won't post them here - sorry), and the accompanying comment was, "I don't like it". As you can perhaps understand, my interest has now been curtailed.

The pictures actually don't do a lot to sell the car, showing what appears to be some damage to the off-side rear quarter and the front bumper has had the fog light areas cut away "to get a lot more air through onto the brakes" Mmmm.

I do think it has potential to be a good one but while I have the time, I really don't have the skills/cash to get it to where I would want it to be.

Rob
Matt H
1K Away

Post by Matt H »

Any mention of mileage?

A year ago I would have jumped on this, but I still have two of the bloody things :lol:

Black P2 though... :shock:
djoptix
BXpert

Post by djoptix »

PM me details please?
Good heavens! My signature's been moderated...