wanted carb weber 32 34 DRTC to fit '84 BX 16

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
PhilGreaves
BXpert
My Cars: CCC X**tia Columnist!! forgive me for I was led astray..

1984 Citroen BX 16TRS restored and now with fully functional power steering..!
1994 Citroen Xantia 1.9 TD SX (Jan 1994, no airbags but antisink fitted)

wanted carb weber 32 34 DRTC to fit '84 BX 16

Post by PhilGreaves »

Hi guys,

Its looking like i'm either going to have to get a carb reconditioned or buy a new one. My current one may in fact be too far gone even for reconditioning (just awaiting confirmation on this now).

Would it be possible to buy off some kind soul a complete carb that would be suitable for reconditioning? Must be complete obviously...

I've found a few places that sell them new and a few that recondition them (even one in france). So just trying to work out what my options are.

thanks
Phil
regards
Phil & Earl

1984 Citroen BX 16 TRS mk 1 "Earl" restored sept 2011 and now with fully functional power steering..!

CCC X**tia Columnist!! forgive me for I was led astray..
1994 Citroen Xantia 1.9 TD SX (Jan 1994, no airbags but anti-sink fitted)
electrokid
1K Away

Post by electrokid »

It took me ages to find one on ebay but if I were you I'd set up searches anyway. If you already have a Weber fitted you might be better off having it reconditioned since the jetting will already be correct. If you are planning to replace an existing Solex then you'll need to fit the vacuum enhancing thingy. DRTM can also be used in place of the DRTC.
1992 BX19 TGD estate 228K Rusty - SORNed
2002 C5 HDi SX estate