Electric window runners

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
ritmo
Confirmed BX'er

Electric window runners

Post by ritmo »

My front left window fell out on our last outing.

The metal attachment on the bottom of the glass where the electric arm rollers run has completely rusted to non existence.

I can't find anything about them online or on ebay.

Does anyone know where I can source a replacement? Or what the thing is even called?

Cheers.
RxBX
Over 2k

Re: Electric window runners

Post by RxBX »

ritmo wrote:My front left window fell out on our last outing.

The metal attachment on the bottom of the glass where the electric arm rollers run has completely rusted to non existence.

I can't find anything about them online or on ebay.

Does anyone know where I can source a replacement? Or what the thing is even called?

Cheers.
Hi Ritmo !
If you read thro' these two threads - #Thread 1 and - #Thread 2

I'm sorry that I cannot be of help to you on this item, (I did have plenty at one time) but I scrapped them a few years ago along with many other useful spares which folk are now needing due the demise of what's being offered into most folks local breakers yards or those that may get the odd BX in don't allow 'Joe public' on to, allowing the removal parts due to H&S regulations !

But at the time nobody seem to want/need the mountain of spares I had and I'd no where to store all the stuff :( / :evil: !

Hopefully someone may have a spare runner available still attached to the glass for the one that's failed if you ask/post that up (Note that the glass can be clear or tinted) ?

I hope that the /\ may be of help to you/others !

:)

P.S. I've just noticed I reached 1000 post's (Hopefully useful posts) not JUST one word/liners !
So after some unpleasant posting/PM's I had a few weeks ago from one individual on here (You know who you are :evil: ) .
I told myself I may call it a day on the BXC when I reached 1000 posts !

Last edited by RxBX on Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ritmo
Confirmed BX'er

Post by ritmo »

That's brilliant, thanks RxBx. Some really useful pointers. Never know, the local citroen dealer might have the part, good to have the part number.

Thanks
citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

here is price and part No,'s for the metal chanle/runner and the rubber strip
from service citroen,

if there still avalible,

Part Number Description Quantity Price excl. VAT Price incl. VAT Total incl. VAT Selection
95633346 WINDOW CHANNEL 14.14 GBP 16.97 GBP 16.97 GBP

96041124 WINDOW SEAL 10.96 GBP 13.15 GBP 13.15 GBP
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
H reg CX saffari 2.5 TRI (now gone to Malaysia)
R reg xantia 1.9TD est (gone to meet its maker)
Mike E (uk)
1K Away

Post by Mike E (uk) »

It strikes me as crazy that whilst we as a country are not nearly as rich as we once were (or thaught we were) and folks are now having to be more careful with their money,

we get
stupid 'scrappage' schemes that remove usable or repairable cars from circulation,

the closure of scrapyards so parts are harder to reclaim into use,

plus a road fund licence taxation system that encourages usable older cars to be scrapped

& stiffer MOTs that have the same effect.

Because of dubious environmental & safety claims and parliamentary lobbying by the motor manufacturers/importers/traders.

Mike
la BX 16 soupapes: sachez apprecier avec moderation.

It might be clever now, but it won't be in the morning!
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

The aluminium window channel is still available direct from Citroen. I bought one from a stealer last year, cost a little over 13 quid.

Andy