TXD Turbo

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

TXD Turbo

Post by jonathan_dyane »

Just a tip off really...

Perhaps two years ago my father bought a rather nice looking TXD Turbo, and he's now getting to the point that he's looking to sell it for something new.

I've been out of the BX loop for a while, and don't know what the values are like, but I shall provide a bit of a description for those who might be interested.

It's metallic green (I will post a couple of pics when I get some) with speedlines, and has about 150000 miles. It had a slightly leaking head gasket, so in the last 5000 miles it has had the engine out to replace the HG, new timing belt and some oils seals replaced. While the engine was out the octopus was done. The rear arm bearings were done about two years ago. It drives well and is very nippy.

It has had a couple of welded repairs, and I would describe it as solid and pretty smart (although there is a amateur spray repair to a scrape on the passenger side doors which lets the side down rather.) There is the odd patch of rust in places, but I would say it is one of the better BX's left, and mechancially and structurally it is very good.

The car is in Durham.

I will try and get some photo's but give us a shout if you want any more info.
"Boring damned people. All over the earth. Propagating more boring damned people. What a horror show. The earth swarmed with them." -Charles Bukowski
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

any mot or tax Jonathan ?
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

ooops!

It has both. Lots of test, not sure how much tax :lol:
"Boring damned people. All over the earth. Propagating more boring damned people. What a horror show. The earth swarmed with them." -Charles Bukowski
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

oh and what year is it ?
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

Jonathan,
A 1991 17 t Z d with similar mileage, same colour, and mot til September went for about £600 or £700 recently, it had bad bumpers and very short tax ,
More details in the blog section , the thread is called "insert witty title here"
Hope that helps.
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

Caffiend
Reluctant BXpert

Post by Caffiend »

^^^ Dat would be mine, yep.

It now has GOOD bumpers, they just won't make it onto the car for a while :lol:

I actually paid 700 for the car - the seller was quite adamant that he would keep it rather than come down on price. On review of what I've had to spend on it so far, I feel that may have been slightly over the odds, but not enough to lose any sleep over.

Also, the final e-bay price on this TZD ended up at 670 quid and change.

If those 2 threads raise any comparison type queries feel free to ask, happy to help if I can. From what you're saying jonathan, I see no reason why your father's car shouldn't fetch a similar amount or higher, but it will really depend on who is out there looking. Pix please!
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
1991 TZD hatch (Triton Green)
1992 Hurricane
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

Photos at last!

Oh, it had a new clutch when it was in bits too.

I think £750 is fair?
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

That is a lovely looking car. I would say £750 is a fair price. Hopefully it will be bought by a enthusiast.
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.
Caffiend
Reluctant BXpert

Post by Caffiend »

..that_ - probably better than mine, darn it!

Good luck with finding a good home for it.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
1991 TZD hatch (Triton Green)
1992 Hurricane
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

thats lovely Jonathan
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Forget the BX, what about the Landy? :D

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

Thanks guys!

If you're interested Mat, he is actually selling the IIA too; the plan is to sell both and replace both vehicles with a newer Land Rover. I could see how much he wants for it if you're interested, rebuilt diesel engine too ;)
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Oh, don't tempt me!

I'm interested, but sadly only in a 'I'd like to be able to own it' kind of way…unless he fancies a swap for an old BMW motorbike?

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

mat_fenwick wrote:Forget the BX, what about the Landy? :D
mat_fenwick wrote: Oh, don't tempt me!

I'm interested, but sadly only in a 'I'd like to be able to own it' kind of way
Great mind's, I was thinking exactly the same :wink: :lol:

I suppose a few more details wouldn't do any harm :wink:
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

:lol:

Well it's a 11A, with the correct 3 main bearing 2.25 diesel. It's had a new back crossmember and new front spring hangers; chassis seems solid, as does bulkhead.

It was bought from ebay, and sadly the engine blew up on the way home so we rebuild another engine; good unground crank (diesel cranks on these must not be ground) new shells, new pistons and rings, reground valves etc. Runs well.

It has windows in the back, and bench seats on the wheelarches.

Dunno about the price, I'll ask what he has in mind...