BX Mk1 19RD estate - £SOLD

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Re: BX Mk1 19RD estate - £495

Post by Dollywobbler »

Hmm. Not sure about the petrol conversion. Why get rid of the best diesel engine of its era and replace it with a rather mediocre petrol? Then you have to sacrifice the capacious boot for the LPG.

I would like to point out that it doesn't do the smoke thing permanently! Only on cold start up. I don't think it's glow plugs though. They've been replaced.
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

There's really not much interest in this is there?
Oh, there's definite interest, it's just the usual issue of money :cry: Those who've seen my GS will know I enjoy a challenge, and I'd love to add this to the collection, but it would mean putting the bike licence on hold, and with the upcoming changes on licence restrictions that's not a good idea.

I'd be tempted to overhaul the mechanics, complete the structural work, but leave the cosmetics as they are - it'd be the ultimate rat look 8)
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

Dollywobbler wrote:Hmm. Not sure about the petrol conversion. Why get rid of the best diesel engine of its era and replace it with a rather mediocre petrol? Then you have to sacrifice the capacious boot for the LPG.
..that_
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Indeed, i wouldnt faff about with lpg on a bx,
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Willy
BXpert

Post by Willy »

If the engine issues are terminal then that's no problem, a BX diesel seems to be broken once a month these days and there must be plenty of Xantii around too for transplants. The XU pez is thirsty and feels like a lawnmower engine.
it'd be the ultimate rat look
is it possible to "slam" a BX? ;)
ImageImageImageImageImage
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

If the engine issues are terminal then that's no problem, a BX diesel seems to be broken once a month these days and there must be plenty of Xantii around too for transplants.
Doesn't this one have a later engine in already? In which case 19 TD sounds the way to go.
is it possible to "slam" a BX?
Slamming a BX is easy, the trick is doing it and leaving it driveable! You'd need to fit stiffer spheres to compensate for the reduced suspension travel otherwise you'd beat the suspension to death on the bumpstops. To be honest, I'd leave the suspension alone as it's one of the best features of the car, especially on the roads round here
Mike Sims
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

If you fancied engine swaps, I could do a deal on a pair of BX estates...

I actually quite fancy going back to a saloon. I miss the sunroof and map reading lights. I've got a trailer for hauling rubbish around, so neither BX has been used to its potential recently. And you can get rear wings for saloons...
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Dollywobbler wrote:. And you can get rear wings for saloons...

If its a Mk'2 #-o
Willy
BXpert

Post by Willy »

citsncycles wrote:Slamming a BX is easy, the trick is doing it and leaving it driveable! You'd need to fit stiffer spheres to compensate for the reduced suspension travel otherwise you'd beat the suspension to death on the bumpstops. To be honest, I'd leave the suspension alone as it's one of the best features of the car, especially on the roads round here
Haha, I was joking :P Although on a rather tragic note driving around a BX in low on the bumpstops for "stance" has the same dynamic and car-longevity properties as these spoilt* VAG clowns...

*Whenever I see any driving around they all look 17 and it's a more "alternative" car to be bought than a new Mini.
ImageImageImageImageImage
saintjamesy89
1K Away
My Cars: 1985 Citroen BX19 GT
198x Citroen BX16 TRS auto
1988 Volvo 740 2.0 GL Hearse
1991 Saab 900 16v convertible
2007 Lexus RX 400h SE

Post by saintjamesy89 »

It was only one of those many speculative thoughts that circulate around my otherwise unused brain! If I looked into it I probably wouldn't bother with the LPG, but not being a diesel fan.... Anyway, I can't afford it so I can think all I like, crazy crazy thoughts (how about a carbed 2.0 XM XU engine with twin carbs á la Bx sport?? hehe)
I'm not a Saint, or a James, but a Tom Saint-James!

Mes voitures:
1985 Citroen BX19 GT
1988 Volvo 740 2.0 GL Hearse
2006 Lexus RX 400h SE hybrid
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

saintjamesy89 wrote:It was only one of those many speculative thoughts that circulate around my otherwise unused brain! If I looked into it I probably wouldn't bother with the LPG, but not being a diesel fan.... Anyway, I can't afford it so I can think all I like, crazy crazy thoughts (how about a carbed 2.0 XM XU engine with twin carbs á la Bx sport?? hehe)
Indeed Crazy! Not many XM carbs around, plus 2.016v will be more powerful and more frugal, but its an XM so will probably break alot!

I find the GT to be not bad on fuel at all. I still think your best to have a boringly reliable modernish motor and the BX for fun etc.
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Last chance for this one if you want a road legal car. I can't afford to tax it at the end of this month, so it'll be SORNd. I might have to find somewhere to stash it as I'm not having the bloody thing clogging up my garage. The 2CV needs some work doing that I've been putting off for a while now.
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Oh and some sort of two-BX deal is still definitely possible if you want one that does have a decent steering rack, engine and gearbox...
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

Oh god - it's tempting! I like estates and I like Mk 1's, and anyone who's seen my GS knows I'm not worried by a little work :roll:

I've just had my grade assessed at at work and after 6 years (on and off) of moaning about pay variances in the department, plus my boss also pitching his support since taking the job last year, I've got a substantial pay rise :D :D :D :D

I've just looked up putting it on a limited mileage classic policy, and it's not bad.

I dunno where to park it, as it's a bit busy in the street here - I think I'll call my landlord for the barn tomorrow.

I feel another purchase coming on, damn! #-o ](*,) ^^bx>
Mike Sims
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

If you did want it Mike, I've just spotted something I'd quite like to own in Bristol so I could probably deliver!