1991 Meteor (manual) for repair or spares £180

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
merlyn
BXpert

1991 Meteor (manual) for repair or spares £180

Post by merlyn »

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C288608#

The guy who bought this car broke down on his way home (so I guess it is now taxed) and it appears that the head has gone. He has been quoted £500 to have it repaired and has decided to cut his losses and get rid of it. He just offered it to me for £180 and if I'm not interested he will scrap it. I would love to buy it and have the work done but just can't afford it right now. Surely someone on here can make good use of it. I have no idea of the location but can pass on his details to anyone who wants to follow this up.

Jane
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Previously discussed here...it does sound a good one.

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

looks like you had a lucky escape there Jane, £500 seems cheap to have a head done by a garage, the engineering work (skim, pressure and crack test, reace valves and grind in ) cost £360 on mine alone thats before you add in the garages labour costs to strip it off and refit it .
Such a shame as it says it had recently had a lot of work including the timing belt done on it.
I know of two 1.6 meteor engines that may be for sale which might be a cheaper option but theres still the cost of the swop to add on.

Be interesting to know where it is now, good source of spares although wrong colour and interior for me
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

What a shame
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
merlyn
BXpert

Post by merlyn »

When he emaialed me he said that he wants to know ASAP if I want it or he will scrap it. As a single parent with 2 adolescent (read: "always hungry, always growing") boys and only a part-time job I really can't afford to take it on right now.
I will leave it until tonight before I reply to him. I so hope that someone can take it on and either use the parts or make it good. I cringed when he mentioned sending it to "the crusher".

Jane
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

definately worth finding out where it is now Jane, if not for you so that someone can decide if its worth traveling for
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
merlyn
BXpert

Post by merlyn »

It is in Brighton, he has just put it on eBay.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewit ... 7896945118

I hope someone can rescue it.
stevejj

Post by stevejj »

It didn't get far - east sussex to brighton - does make me wonder a bit - it sold on ebay before it was put on carandclassic but the buyer never took it up!
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

Jane,

You have messages !!
1991 BX Meteor 1.6