4 BXs for parts/restoration (split from Paul's blog)

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Caffiend
Reluctant BXpert

Re: Paul's polishin' blog

Post by Caffiend »

Paul296 wrote:The hatch load covers are all fine and there were one or two more knocking about in the shed (Sandre?).
All prices are negotiable but will be very reasonable. The object of the exercise is to keep BX's (and their owners) happy . . . and we all like a bit of 'happy'! :D
Yes please, that would make me very happy indeedy. There are a few other bits of trim I need too if available, but really no rush, can wait until it's all catalogued/organised. I'd be up for a sticker too I expect.

=D> you and Shaun - nice saves (or, OK, not saves, but close enough as makes no matter as I'm sure many other BXs will be kept on the road for years to come from that little lot).
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
1991 TZD hatch (Triton Green)
1992 Hurricane
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Christ, what a shame, that DTR Turbo estate is VERY VERY rare now indeed! is it saveable.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
saintjamesy89
1K Away
My Cars: 1985 Citroen BX19 GT
198x Citroen BX16 TRS auto
1988 Volvo 740 2.0 GL Hearse
1991 Saab 900 16v convertible
2007 Lexus RX 400h SE

Post by saintjamesy89 »

Hmm how interesting! Shame they're all diesels really, still they will help many BXers out on here i'm sure.
I'm not a Saint, or a James, but a Tom Saint-James!

Mes voitures:
1985 Citroen BX19 GT
1988 Volvo 740 2.0 GL Hearse
2006 Lexus RX 400h SE hybrid
Paul296
Over 2k
My Cars: Citroen BX 17 TZD Hurricane
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

Roverman wrote:Christ, what a shame, that DTR Turbo estate is VERY VERY rare now indeed! is it saveable.
They're all savable more or less but would require a lot more money spending on them than their market value. They have to be gone by late summer whatever happens so breaking them and storing all the parts seemed like the best solution.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Hmm, paul what does the DTR turbo need doing to it.....
Paul296
Over 2k
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

Roverman wrote:Hmm, paul what does the DTR turbo need doing to it.....
I'll find out - probably not that much (relatively speaking!)
Matt H
1K Away

Post by Matt H »

Could certainly do with some panels off that white TZD! Doors, tailgate etc... If they are straight and rust-free.

Although it seems a waste of an L-plate BX.
Paul296
Over 2k
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

Matt H wrote:Could certainly do with some panels off that white TZD! Doors, tailgate etc... If they are straight and rust-free.

Although it seems a waste of an L-plate BX.
I haven't looked at them closely Matt so can't say for sure, but they do look pretty straight. Assuming the car gets broken (I think it probably will) can you let me know what it is you're after and I'll get you some pics and a price.
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

If you turn up a back bumper in the "proper " meteor colour can you let me know ( or just nick Shauns when he's not looking ) :D
spied a couple of sunroof deflectors in the pics, if any of the door ones turn up I would be interested in them as well thanks Paul.

looks like a good find and hope Shaun is rewarded for the hard work he has ahead of him
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Could you not use the panels off the L reg to bring the DTR Turbo back to life? That needs saving.
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

That's quite a stash you've discovered there Paul. Any chance of a splitter for my red 16v? That would be marvellous. I'll send you a PM..
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
Paul296
Over 2k
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

Roverman wrote:Could you not use the panels off the L reg to bring the DTR Turbo back to life? That needs saving.
I think the panels looked pretty straight on the DTR. Either way it looks like it'll be saved. I'll get some pics next time I'm up there and post them.

@ Mick - I'll keep my eye out for the stuff you're after but there weren't any window wind deflectors or I'd have spotted them! (there's a couple of sunroof ones though as well as the ones on the cars) The parts in the shed weren't just for diesel engined cars either - lots of petrol 'stuff' as well.

PMs sent to Matt and Todd
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

what about cavity covers for the sides if the boot where the wheel brace lives [ever hopeful ]
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
Matt H
1K Away

Post by Matt H »

Mickey taker wrote:what about cavity covers for the sides if the boot where the wheel brace lives [ever hopeful ]
If there are any, I'll fight you for them :lol:

Well, I actually only need the one...
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

cant we use your one to make a mould then we could all have them :D , a mate made me some for my 340 volvo many moons ago
1991 BX Meteor 1.6