Due to unforseen circumstances. TZD with long MOT for sale.

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Due to unforseen circumstances. TZD with long MOT for sale.

Post by cavmad »

My recently acquired TZD is going to have to go due to unforseen circumstances. Brilliant runner, drove back about 270 miles non stop. No known engine/box/clutch problems. Logbook is here in my name so no funny stories.
It has electric windows and sunroof (haven`t tested sunroof yet) etc.
I have replaced one broken headlamp and one broken rear lamp, found four good Citroen wheeltrims, replaced missing rear shelf with a nice one (same colour) with sun blinds and generally started tidying it up.
It will want spheres replacing or re-charging and has apparantly got an LHM leak though despite topping up once in London when I bought it it doesn`t seem to have used any since, though only used once since bringing it back. Also requires o/s/r quarter light window and plastic shroud around steering column.
HOWEVER I do have a full set of good spheres here on a spares car PLUS the column shroud PLUS the window and I also have four or five excellent tyres to go with it.
Extremely reluctant sale, always wanted one but due to circumstances it has to go.
MOT expires around June or July I think (I`ll check and amend post) and tax expired end of Jan. Will it make the journey back home to your house?
Engine, box, clutch etc will most certainly but ride is very hard and bouncey due to spheres and tax has expired so at your own risk.
Price `as is` £150, inspection/test drive etc more than welcome. With tyres, spheres, window, steering column shroud etc thrown in I`d be happy with something around £195 but negotiable.
With some relatively simple repairs there`s miles of life left in it yet. Very, very sorry to sell it but don`t really have a choice at the moment.
Vauxhall apologist.
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

Interested, as a first car for my sis.... and have a couple of questions:

What colour is it?
What colour/style interior is it?
it's a 17Turbo and not a 19 isn't it?
What's the mileage?

Ta.
this might be a signature
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

It`s silver, engine is 1.7 turbo diesel, mileage 109,990. Interior is in a sort of herringbone trim, possibly similar to the 16V. Dark grey bolsters with lighter grey inserts (seat cushions and backs). Just remembered handbrake doesn`t work either! Just started up first go and suspension came straight up after about ten days of non use. I can try and capture some pictures though won`t be until weekend at least. If it`s any good I`m more than happy for a more local member to have a good look and try of it and pm you with their findings, I have nothing to hide and someone with a better knowledge of them may well find some things I don`t know about.
This is a `last resort` sale I have to add as I need to get some money together.

EDIT: Just tried electric sunroof and all seems fine.
Vauxhall apologist.
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

I've seen this car and it looks pretty good without a thorough inspection.

The shell is pretty straight and with a good clean and polish combined with a rear quarter light (which is dead easy to fit) this is a real good base for a nice motor.
Over and out from me
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Is it moted cavmad? Sorry just read it again!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Yes, have found MOT and it`s valid until July 31 2006!
Vauxhall apologist.