BX16TGS Auto for sale 47942 miles

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
messerschmitt owner
BXpert

BX16TGS Auto for sale 47942 miles

Post by messerschmitt owner »

Citroen BX 16TGS Auto with 48000 miles

I have for sale, my 1990 Citroen BX 16TGS Auto – having just bought a low mileage Citroen XM 2.0 Turbo estate as its replacement, my extremely low mileage Citroen BX hatchback is for sale.

She has just under 48,000 miles on the clock, with history to back up the mileage and is in overall good condition. Having been owned by the proverbial old man, she does have some ‘old giffer’ dents and dings but overall is a good example that with a few pounds would be one of the best to be found in Britain.

I’ve owned numerous BXs over the years, including diesels and automatics and this one drives superbly. The 90bhp engine and light weight combine to give good fuel economy too. Having owned many BXs and seen many, many more, I can confirm that this car has not rusted in the usual places, so you will not find any rust on the inner wings, rear sills or on the A pillar next to the door hinges. While she would benefit from a good clean, and a polish, the car itself has been looked after in my ownership. She passed her MoT in April and has done 1.9 miles since. In my ownership I have serviced the car, had the radiator flushed, fitted a new exhaust and done other minor works to it.

She is ready for many miles of service or to be cosseted as a pampered classic, for that is what she is. It cost £25 to add it to my insurance last year with a 3,000 mile limit.

I regularly got 35+mpg out of her last year and over 40mpg on a long run to Southampton. She never fails to start and all the electrics work – I have fitted a new working clock on the dash, and she comes with her original Blaupunkt cassette deck. Electric windows at the front, with an electric sunroof, which works in both directions, but can sometimes (especially if not used for a while) need a helping hand to tilt up.

Her good points are numerous, but include the following:

1. Good bodyshell, with no rust in the ‘normal places’.
2. Comfortable.
3. All electrics work.
4. Long MoT.
5. Economical for a 1.6 auto.
6. A pleasure to drive.
7. Rear arm bearings are good.
8. A working, non-broken glovebox lid.
9. Tidy carpets and interior.

I’m an honest kind of chap and easy to deal with, so here are the bad points, starting with the minor ones first.

1. small chip in windscreen – the annoying man from Autoglass would no doubt cure that for free.
2. Tiny hole in the herringbone tweed driver’s seat (and it is small).
3. Sunroof sometimes needs a hand to tilt, but otherwise works perfectly in both directions. It seals OK too.
4. She has dents – don’t get me wrong, she was owned by an old man who obviously nudge parked it at times. Most severe issues are the nearside door and rear quarter. I have a spare rear door which comes with the car, and a rear quarter panel is about £90 new. There is also a tiny dent on the driver’s side front wing, again a replacement can be sourced via the excellent BX Owner’s Club or from eBay/scrapyard. A wing is a bolt on job and would take an hour or so to replace. There are numerous other small dings, for example, on the swage line on the nearside rear panel but most of these would be popped out with a little work.
5. Slight mismatched paint between bonnet and wings – this is a common trait and is because the bonnet is plastic and the paint fades differently on them. Noticeable, but not noticeable enough to put me off.
6. Missing a spare wheel – and while the tyres are all with good tread, I have noticed a bit of cracking in one of the Firestones.

Overall, she is a solid base for the perfect condition Citroen – low miles, good body and tidy interior. She comes with an owner’s manual pack, history, jack and wheel brace, as well as a Haynes Book of Lies.

She is SORNed at the moment but could be taxed at cost at my local post office. She is insured and has MoT till April next year and is crying out to be used. My only reason for selling her is a lack of use and new car. Less than ten 1.6TGS autos survive, please buy this one and keep another of Andre Citroen’s finest products on the roads. I am happy to chat Citroens/discuss the car anytime between 3-30pm and ten pm, Monday to Friday or all day at the weekends. Viewing is advised and can be arranged with little notice, although please bear in mind the car is at the back of the car port and I will need fifteen minutes or so to move things out of the way, especially if we want to start her from cold. Suspension works just fine and she has a nice supple ride. Accumulator sphere ticks infrequently, so spheres are holding pressure OK.

Call 0h seven seven six eight 2six89one9 or mail for more information. There are numerous pictures on the flickr link, and within reason I can take other pictures of the car. £550 - will haggle.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46466362@N ... 118926830/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

IMG_0801 by messerschmitt owner, on Flickr

IMG_0809 by messerschmitt owner, on Flickr

IMG_0795 by messerschmitt owner, on Flickr

IMG_0796 by messerschmitt owner, on Flickr

IMG_0803 by messerschmitt owner, on Flickr

IMG_0820 by messerschmitt owner, on Flickr

IMG_0800 by messerschmitt owner, on Flickr
Citroen XM 2.1TD SX hatchback
Citroen XM 2.1TD VSX estate
Smart Roadster
Fiat Punto Cabriolet
Messerschmitt Kr200
Bond minicar mk C
Fiat 126 Bis
BX-less at the moment!
messerschmitt owner
BXpert

Re: BX16TGS Auto for sale 47942 miles

Post by messerschmitt owner »

SOLD
Citroen XM 2.1TD SX hatchback
Citroen XM 2.1TD VSX estate
Smart Roadster
Fiat Punto Cabriolet
Messerschmitt Kr200
Bond minicar mk C
Fiat 126 Bis
BX-less at the moment!
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

messerschmitt owner wrote:SOLD
But now available for £550 if you missed out on G818 XPO (when Campbell Sold it) but with 48,713 miles and a bit more (Due a snapped speedo cable) :?

Spotted for sale on Car and Classics

Click on any photo for link :wink:

RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

Apparently now now SOLD !

Well done Dave, I hope it serves you well =D>