WANTED top spec BX diesel estate

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
classicnut5
Confirmed BX'er

WANTED top spec BX diesel estate

Post by classicnut5 »

WANTED. BX diesel estate top spec. Many moons ago I had an auto 1.6 which I sold on coz it was too thirsty and then bought a 1.9 diesel which was great but not a top spec model. I am now gonna sell my Peugeot 405 Executive estate and try for a top spec BX estate. I go camping a lot so need a tow bar,which I presume are available if not already fitted. I welcome any advice on which is the top spec model etc as I am in the dark after a few years of BX less existence.
Russ :shock:
JayW
1K Away

Re: WANTED top spec BX diesel estate

Post by JayW »

You'll be after a TZD with ABS then! Join the club :wink:
I have zero patience for your tedium.
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

You'll be after a TZD Turbo estate then, which was fairly popular with caravanners when new so a towbar is pretty common. When you say top spec do you want A/C (which I believe the 405 Executive has?) If so that is a very rare option!

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Howdy. Depends what you want in terms of spec really. For their age, BXs had a fair bit of kit so even a TGD has eleccy front windows, height-adustable driver's seat, central locking and tinted glass. TXD and TZD add in eleccy rear windows and mirrors and (I think) have GTi seats. Available as a 1.9 diesel or 1.7 turbo diesel.
classicnut5
Confirmed BX'er

Post by classicnut5 »

Hi All,thanks for replies. It looks like a TZD estate is the one I want but I aint bothered about A/C as I am too thrifty to use it anyway. The Hunt goes on. :)
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

If you wanted a TD then look out for a TXD or more commonly available a TZD Turbo, to confuse you the "T" in specification doesnt stand for turbo, although the TURBO badge does! The naturally aspirated cars go well for there meagre 71bhp but will miss out on some of the toys.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

Dollywobbler wrote:Howdy. Depends what you want in terms of spec really. For their age, BXs had a fair bit of kit so even a TGD has eleccy front windows, height-adustable driver's seat, central locking and tinted glass. TXD and TZD add in eleccy rear windows and mirrors and (I think) have GTi seats. Available as a 1.9 diesel or 1.7 turbo diesel.
Ian,
TXD spec. models only had 'Keep fit rear windows and manual mirrors' as standard fitments :wink:

thorter

Post by thorter »

pm sent.