new or nearly new speedo cable

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
cacaolat
BXpert

new or nearly new speedo cable

Post by cacaolat »

Hi Unfortunately my speedo has stopped working. I have looked at Gsf, Aep and Eurocarparts for a new one but they are all out of stock. On ebay I can only find the lower part, but I think I may need the complete thing.
Where can I buy a speedo cable ?
former BX 16 TGS Meteor Auto owner. No space or time to do own repairs. My BX is now owned by another member of this forum.
cacaolat
BXpert

Re: new or nearly new speedo cable

Post by cacaolat »

Any suggestion would be welcome...is there a secret place where they stock them ?
former BX 16 TGS Meteor Auto owner. No space or time to do own repairs. My BX is now owned by another member of this forum.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

They are no longer available new, I tried to get some made up from speedy cables but noone was interested.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

cacaolat wrote:Any suggestion would be welcome...is there a secret place where they stock them ?
Okay not new, but try these E-Bay sellers #1-SELLER and #2-SELLER or even possibly off the FORUM (Paul296) ?

:)

mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Tim Leech wrote:I tried to get some made up from speedy cables but noone was interested.
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the problem theat Speedy Cables could only make them up in a single length, which would make it difficult (impossible?) to get it through the bulkhead grommet without tearing it? Especially difficult with 20 year old rubber!

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

mat_fenwick wrote:
Tim Leech wrote:I tried to get some made up from speedy cables but noone was interested.
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the problem theat Speedy Cables could only make them up in a single length, which would make it difficult (impossible?) to get it through the bulkhead grommet without tearing it? Especially difficult with 20 year old rubber!

Dont remember being made aware of that issue Mat, just that lack of interested parties meant it stalled until now. They would make it as two seperate cables if required but one long one would be better if it could be made to work. If needs be im sure you could enlarge the grommit hole slightly.

http://www.speedycables.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; contact Mike, I imagine if you send him your old one he could make a new one.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

I think you'd be okay getting the 'big end' through the grommet, it's a membrane type (best way i can describe it) rather than stiff. And the Peugeot (405 at least) has a single cable all the way through.

I can see why all the manufacturers went to electronic speedo's in the end.
cacaolat
BXpert

Post by cacaolat »

Thank you Tim for the enlightenment that these cables are not available anymore. Thank you RxBx I will look into the links