Breaking J reg diesel estate (now scrapped)

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
electrokid
1K Away

Re: Breaking J reg diesel estate

Post by electrokid »

That's a shame - that BX was a bit special - but sh*t happens I guess.
1992 BX19 TGD estate 228K Rusty - SORNed
2002 C5 HDi SX estate
KevR
1K Away
My Cars: It's all in my signature

Post by KevR »

Are the rear wings salvageable?
Also worth trying to get the rear side windows out if possible - although it's very, very tricky not to break them in the process.
1990 BX TZD Estate ('the grey one', 1991 BX TZD Estate ('the white one'), 1982 2CV6 Charleston (in bits), 1972 AZU Serie B (2CV van), 1974 HY72 Camper, 1990 Land Rover 110 diesel LWB, 1957 Mobylette AV76, 1992 Ducati 400SS, 1966 VW Beetle, 1990 Mazda MX-5, 1996 Peugeot 106D, 1974 JCB 2D MkII, 1997 BMW R1100RS, 1987 Suzuki GSX-R1100, 1978 Honda CX500A, 1965 Motobecane Cady, 1988 Honda Bros/Africa Twin, 1963 Massey Ferguson 825, and a lot of bicycles!
Discoil
BXpert

Post by Discoil »

I could do with the front calipers please. Mainly the left hand side kinda urgent
Land Rover Discovery TD5
catsinthewelder
The Big J

Post by catsinthewelder »

I popped up for a bit this morning and got;

small green 3 way joint for Mothman
Rear wiper + motor for Matt
4 wheels for DW
Wiper switch for Mickey Taker

I also got a part for the Austin so thats now fixed which should reduce stress levels to tolarable. I'll see what I can do with the other bits, hydraulic bits are on hold until I can bleed the pressure off, which is tricky due to where he's put it.
Ex BXer
catsinthewelder
The Big J

Sorry, re-reading KevR's post is there any infomation anywhere on how I could remove the rear wings and the windows above them? bear in mind theres no electricity near the car.
Ex BXer
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

catsinthewelder wrote:Sorry, re-reading KevR's post is there any infomation anywhere on how I could remove the rear wings and the windows above them? bear in mind theres no electricity near the car.

With great difficulty bud so i suggest that if they want 'em, they come and get 'em.

Been contemplating how to do it for months on my scrapper.

Andy
cacaolat
BXpert

Post by cacaolat »

Could you remember the speedo cable. Although you mentioned the lower bit, I am not sure if I need this one or the upper bit. So both would be best. I hope it is not too much work.
former BX 16 TGS Meteor Auto owner. No space or time to do own repairs. My BX is now owned by another member of this forum.
catsinthewelder
The Big J

Tommorow (assuming it's not persisting it down) I'll go back and this time I'll be armed with a list

Anyone after the rear exhaust section? It's only been on a few months and is as good as new, Would £15+ postage tempt anyone? The pedalbox is straight as well, after all the messing about with clutch cables that I've done lately it won't take long to remove.
Ex BXer
mike st gilles
BXpert

Post by mike st gilles »

I don't get on here much now but any chance of the Heated Rear Window switch.
I'd be happy to wait til a cheque cleared for postage etc before you sent it....in fact to make it worthwhile what about all the switches in that area ?
let me know a price......
hope its not too late.
Mike
Garlic Bread 'its the future'.
90 BX TZD Auto lives in France. 93 BX TXD Estate having had Ken Newbolds magic wand waved over it. 98' Honda Deauville NTV650.. '86 Fiat Ducato Swift Kontiki Camper
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

mike st gilles wrote:....in fact to make it worthwhile what about all the switches in that area ?
except, of course, the rear wiper switch :D
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
KevR
1K Away
My Cars: It's all in my signature

Post by KevR »

catsinthewelder wrote:Sorry, re-reading KevR's post is there any infomation anywhere on how I could remove the rear wings and the windows above them? bear in mind theres no electricity near the car.
I'm not the best person to ask as I managed to break both of the windows on my scrapper trying to get them out. One was still very securely glued in and although I tried to use a proper seal cutting wire, I just couldn't get it started. The other had started to come away from the seal and looked like it was going to come out ok, but I pulled a little to hard to get the last couple of inches to come away and ended up with a million bits of glass - the windows are very thin...

Rear wings are a bit of a sod if there's no power - unless they have a gas cutter you could borrrow. I did mine using a large angle grinder run from a generator, but it's not easy. I thought I could drill the sport welds but it's also bonded to a stiffener in the middle. Given that new ones aren't available though, it's worth the effort if they're in good unrusted condition.

It might be easier to cut round the whole rear quarter out and then separate window and wing later, but obviously that's a bit bulky to store/transport. I'd come and give you a hand but there's the small matter of the Channel in the way!
1990 BX TZD Estate ('the grey one', 1991 BX TZD Estate ('the white one'), 1982 2CV6 Charleston (in bits), 1972 AZU Serie B (2CV van), 1974 HY72 Camper, 1990 Land Rover 110 diesel LWB, 1957 Mobylette AV76, 1992 Ducati 400SS, 1966 VW Beetle, 1990 Mazda MX-5, 1996 Peugeot 106D, 1974 JCB 2D MkII, 1997 BMW R1100RS, 1987 Suzuki GSX-R1100, 1978 Honda CX500A, 1965 Motobecane Cady, 1988 Honda Bros/Africa Twin, 1963 Massey Ferguson 825, and a lot of bicycles!
barry badger
BXpert

Post by barry badger »

I need a good boot carpet, grey would be perfect but i'll take any colour.
1993 tzd estate, on sorn
1992 tzd estate, slowly being raided for parts
1992 txd estate, "doom blue" on the road
1991 4x4 estate, on sorn
catsinthewelder
The Big J

Hi guys, couldn't get up there today, I'll try again in the morning

Switches, On re-reading M.T's post he wants a black switch, would a grey one be any good? looking at it you might be able to take the grey cover off and put your black one on. I think the HRW switch is already in the stash pile so that should be no trouble (was in the way of the wiper switch)

Rear wings, Sorry Kev, I'd need to hire the kit (though I could pay in beer), spend hours trying to remove them (which I don't really have to spare) then find storage for them so unless someones waving cash and can collect them straight away then I'm out. If someone else is up for trying themselves (for free)then PM me, they're about the best panels on the car.

The boot carpet is an offcut from my stair carpet in 2nd hand 20yr old Axminster, I would be saving it for my next car but I spilt paint on it last week. It did it's job though, no mess on the car

Speedo cable should be easy enough now the dash is loose.

Rich
Ex BXer
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

yeah greys good , I can swap the cover over , thank you
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
mike st gilles
BXpert

Post by mike st gilles »

Any colour switch is fine for me and of course mt I didn't mean to 'take' your rear wiper switch :oops:
Rich if you pm me re the costs etc I'll get the funds to you.
Mike
Garlic Bread 'its the future'.
90 BX TZD Auto lives in France. 93 BX TXD Estate having had Ken Newbolds magic wand waved over it. 98' Honda Deauville NTV650.. '86 Fiat Ducato Swift Kontiki Camper