BX TZD Saloon for sale (SOLD)

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Mothman

Re: BX TZD Saloon for sale

Post by Mothman »

Me too!!

Andy
tzd
BXpert

Re: BX TZD Saloon for sale (SOLD)

Post by tzd »

Hi Guys, it's now sold. I got nearly what I was asking for. Many thanks to you all for watching.

Kev

P.S. you aren't getting rid of me though I'm still going to be posting in the forums. Take care guys and happy BX'ing.
It isn't just a car it is a BX and it's my BX. Long live the BX.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Anyone we know?
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
barry badger
BXpert

Post by barry badger »

I mentioned this car to one of my customers and he arrived at my garage in it this morning. He's delighted with it. It drives really well although it desperately needs the radius arms doing.
1993 tzd estate, on sorn
1992 tzd estate, slowly being raided for parts
1992 txd estate, "doom blue" on the road
1991 4x4 estate, on sorn
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Excellent!
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

barry badger wrote:I mentioned this car to one of my customers and he arrived at my garage in it this morning. He's delighted with it. It drives really well although it desperately needs the radius arms doing.
When I saw the OP (with the photo's) I was going to say to to check them out, as it was pretty obvious that the O/S look shot (But I didn't want to put anyone off buying it) as it was very reasonably price for a TZD !

But once there replaced, they should good for at least another 60k before they need looking at again !

:)

tzd
BXpert

Post by tzd »

Hi guys I'm really glad the car has gone to somebody who is going to cherish her. I had no idea the radius arms were in need of attention, it never showed up in the handling, or any advisories on the MOT. !
I'm picking up my c5 today !!! wish me luck.

Kev

P.S. I have discovered that I have a lot of paper work for the BX I just sold, so if anybody knows the person who bought it please put them in contact with me and I will arrange to get the paperwork to them.

cheers
barry badger
BXpert

Post by barry badger »

It's a long story but i am now in possession of this car. Although on the whole i think it's worth the money, other than the rust (i put my thumb through the boot floor and the usual top hinges being holed) and the abs not working it has two faults which really detract from the driving enjoyment. One is the radius arms being partially seized and creaking, the other is the engine sounds like an old hackney cab! The timing sounds over advanced, i have turned the fuel screw down temporarily just to take some of the clack out of the engine until i have time to tweak the pump. The worry is how long has it been driven like this and could it have damaged the combustion chambers.
1993 tzd estate, on sorn
1991 4x4 estate, on sorn
tzd
BXpert

Post by tzd »

Kev
barry badger
BXpert

Post by barry badger »

Further to the noise from the engine :- I have retarded the pump timing to the point now it's obviously slightly retarded (very slight blue/grey smoke), it still starts and runs fine but the 'clack' is still there, all be it lessened, the engine sounds fine on acceleration and deceleration, the noise is at its worst when on the transition between on and off throttle. What could it be? I don't want to do any repairs to this car until i know if the engines ok.To make matters worse the clutch is slipping too.
This is looking like it might be a breaker!
1993 tzd estate, on sorn
1991 4x4 estate, on sorn
barry badger
BXpert

Post by barry badger »

After much listening, adjusting and deliberation with other mechanics i've come to the conclusion that the engine noise is mechanical (probably a piston ). I've also found a fair amount of rust at the back so this car is only going to be a stopgap until my other estate is repaired.
1993 tzd estate, on sorn
1991 4x4 estate, on sorn
Birotor
BXpert

Post by Birotor »

A consequence of over advance is wear in way of the gudgeon pin (small end). That is one of the reasons we banned non 'book settings' in submarines - get your screw driver out and try to isolate where the noise is coming from (which end of the engine/top or bottom). We also found that if the Crank Pin bearings (big end) were already marginal that they failed also.
Can you drain the sump into a clean container and drop the sump plate and have a feel around..... in an ideal world one would do a spectrographic oil analysis of the oil to identify any metal bits but it'd be worth having the oil settle and having a careful look for what is there - aluminium/ bronze/copper /ferrous (by magnet) etc..
1974 GS Birotor, 1972 GS 1220 FIA Gp 2, 1992 BX 16 TGS, 1951 Velo-Solex, 1953 NSU Max 250, 1972 Honda ST50, Daughter has 1990 BX14 TGE
Previously owned include 1983 BX14RE Leader, Porsche 924, 1972 Porsche 911T, 1973 Porsche Carrera RS 2.7 (FIA Group 4), 1974 Porsche Carrera RS 3.0 (FIA Group 4 ex Le Mans), 1969 911 T/R (FIA Group 3 ex Le Mans), 1981 Porsche Group B 3.3 litre World Endurance Championship, 1991 Footwork Arrows Porsche Formula 1 (ex Alboreto & Caffi),
barry badger
BXpert

Post by barry badger »

You could well be right about it being a small end problem but now i've decided it's an internal engine problem its fate is sealed. I don't want to put any time or money into this car. I will decide by next week whether i'm going to run it for a short period or break it. If i break it all parts will be available except the gearbox. I can't afford the space for any more spares i've already broken three and the estate will be the fourth.
1993 tzd estate, on sorn
1991 4x4 estate, on sorn
barry badger
BXpert

Post by barry badger »

I am now definitely breaking this car. The only parts i plan to keep up to now are the wheel trims, tyres and gearbox.
1993 tzd estate, on sorn
1991 4x4 estate, on sorn
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

barry badger wrote:I am now definitely breaking this car. The only parts i plan to keep up to now are the wheel trims, tyres and gearbox.
Thats a real shame....