BX GTi For Sale

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

BX GTi For Sale

Post by Philip Chidlow »

In need of some TLC but not beyond help maybe...

...my daily drive until the second week of July this year.

First registered August 1988, I have owned the vehicle since April 1996 (3rd keeper)
Current recorded mileage 215.6K - an average of approx 9K per year.
Vehicle is currently on SORN and its MOT expires 28 November 2012.

Two new rear tyres fitted for its last MOT (209.7K)
The major of the advisories at the last MOT being "Rear ns&os Fluid suspension unit partially deflated" - New sphere's subsequently fitted in June and "Offside rear radius arm has slight play in a pin bearing"
Other items that are in need of attention are a leaking Pressure Regulator - appears to be from a bore blanking plug; Water finding its way into front passenge foot well; Rear disc's replacement; Corrosion in ns&os inner rear wheel arches/boot panels where bracing attaches (os side shown in photos); Fast idle speed at cold and hunting for fuel at idle - good engine service required? Note timing belt last changed at 180.8K.

The one item that is not standard is the drivers seat which I replaced several years back, with what I believe is one from a Citroen ZX, following the collapse of the original.

The vehicle has served me well over the years and I feel that with some TLC, something that I have unfortunately not given it in the last few year, it would be a cheap and reasonable run about for someone. Whilst I believe that it is deserving of more it would alternatively be a good source of spares and is certainly good enough in my opinion not to warrant being despatched to the scrapyard.

I am happy to answer any question that you may have but please be aware that I am not in the habit of regularly checking my emails and therefore might take a few days.

Regards Chris

I think he wants offers around the £200 mark.

PICS:

http://photobucket.com/BXGTi" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v