1993 BX for sale

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
bxnewby

1993 BX for sale

Post by bxnewby »

My Bx is for sale as spares or repair.
This is a lhd diesel and it is in the Dordogne.
I am open to offers
David
Mothman

Re: 1993 BX for sale

Post by Mothman »

Good luck with it bud.
Any more info?

Andy
smiffy1071
pies are evil!

Post by smiffy1071 »

I'd like a pair of LHD headlights if you want to sell them...
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

/\ Smiffy, I could do you a set of LHD headlights - I've got enough of the things to take on the Blackpool illuminations. The only issue is how? and when? Just had the surreptitious hand-over of BX parts in a French forest with Mat F. so have to wait til the next courier or I come over to U of K ( If I can remember where it is).
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

toddao wrote:The only issue is how? and when?
Easy - just get yourself to Paris this weekend, a mere 650 kms and I'll bring back BX parts to Blighty!

The other option would be to copy Jaba's idea, and carry out a modification to allow switching between RH and LH dip. He did show me, and it was obvious when pointed out. The gist of it was that in the UK position the bulb was hard up against its locating tabs in one direction, and for the Euro position it needed to be rotated in the opposite direction. I'm pretty sure that by removing one of the tabs on the bulb it gave you enough rotational movement with the remaining tabs to do this, but it should be obvious when you look at it.

I guess that there will be still some extra unwanted scatter from the different lens patterns, but he's regularly between countries and said he's had no problems.

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
smiffy1071
pies are evil!

Post by smiffy1071 »

but wouldn't that take longer to adjust the bulbs than it would to just swap the whole headlamp?