WANTED - Original 14" wheel trims for a '92 BX

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Re: WANTED - Original 14" wheel trims for a '92 BX

Post by Mickey taker »

Dollywobbler wrote:I'm going to leap in and defend non-alloy motoring and given how tangential this thread has got, I can understand why Junkman is wondering quite what us BX lot are like too!

Hopefully going to receive some wheel bolts soon so I can complete the de-alloying of my BX!
For sale 16 wheel nuts for Citroen BX, come with complete car attatched for just 400 quid :D
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

Dollywobbler wrote:I'm going to leap in and defend non-alloy motoring and given how tangential this thread has got, I can understand why Junkman is wondering quite what us BX lot are like too!

Hopefully going to receive some wheel bolts soon so I can complete the de-alloying of my BX!
Ian's, he under no illusion's at ALL !
As I've spotted a comment on the FCF yesterday evening (In THIS thread which I've posted below :evil:) , IHMO he's scored 'An own goal' when folks are answering (Politely to his wanted/plea) when he'd not even got a real clue to what he's really wanting/looking for !
Junkman - On the FCF) wrote:
CitroJim wrote:We think we're a bit tending to off-topic and thread hijacking on here but the BXC lads make us look like rank amateurs :-D

Thing is Junk, its all in very good humour. You really want to meet some of the characters on there. I'll guarantee you'll spend most of the time laughing until you ache...
I figured that BX owners are a bunch of lunatics (don't ask!), but this exceeds my wildest imagination. Tellya, if I'd let them go ahead, I'll end up with one alloy wheel and three different wheel covers on my car.
Maybe a bit like this :lol: :-
Junkman - (On the FCF) wrote:.............................
I figured that BX owners are a bunch of lunatics (don't ask!), but this exceeds my wildest imagination. Tellya, if I'd let them go ahead, I'll end up with one alloy wheel and three different wheel covers on my car.
So 'Baron' - Junkman ! I'm asking here on the BXC (not, via the FCF) forum of your derogatory comment above (I currently don't even run a BX BTW !) ?

Oh and also, just in-case your not aware theres another ^^bx> forum, maybe thats more your 'Cuppa tea' Check it out (LINK) !

:D

Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

Oi, dont try pushing him off onto us at BXP ,(wouldent be allowed to join anyway, we're a bit choosy :D )
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Maybe I should have stepped in sooner, but the OP did (quite reasonably) request that we stay on track, which the thread did until he found what her was after. IMO, it doesn't matter if it goes off at a tangent afterwards, within reason. I don't feel that anything has been said which has been intended in a derogatory manner, just a bit of banter.
Oh and also, just in-case your not aware theres another ^^bx> forum, maybe thats more your 'Cuppa tea'
This could however be viewed as meaning we don't want the OP as part of this forum, which I don't believe is the case.

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Well said Mat. It's a tricky one as discussions do drift, much as they do when any group of people gets together in real life. However, being unfriendly just because someone new doesn't immediately understand how things normally happen really isn't on.

Junkman - some of us are nice!
Junkman
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Junkman »

RxBX wrote:
Junkman wrote:
MULLEY wrote:Speedlines make the BX whole :wink:
What are Speedlines?
That would be the Alloy wheels/rims, #8 = 5.5"J x 14" dia. or #12 = 6"J x 14" dia. from the list /\ !

:lol:

Don't like them at all. They look like something the self declared Druids wear around their necks at Stonedhenge on Halloween.
1992 BX 19 TXD Break

Anyone driving slower than me, is an idiot.
Anyone driving faster than me, is a lunatic.
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Junkman (on the FCF) wrote:if I'd let them go ahead, I'll end up with one alloy wheel and three different wheel covers on my car.
None of us would dream of driving around on mis-matched wheels!

Oh, wait...

(Sorry Sandre!)

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Ha! Junkman - let's start a separate club for those who hate alloys. We'll call it Keepin' it Steel. (I'm not a speedline fan either).
Junkman
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Junkman »

Dollywobbler wrote:Ha! Junkman - let's start a separate club for those who hate alloys. We'll call it Keepin' it Steel. (I'm not a speedline fan either).
Only steel is real.
1992 BX 19 TXD Break

Junkman
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Junkman »

mat_fenwick wrote:
Junkman (on the FCF) wrote:if I'd let them go ahead, I'll end up with one alloy wheel and three different wheel covers on my car.
None of us would dream of driving around on mis-matched wheels!

Oh, wait...

(Sorry Sandre!)
Oh, wait...

Dirty tyres are a can't-miss. Thine fronts and thine rears shall not be of the same size, nor the same brand, nor age, nor type.
Let not thine rims be too Goddamn shiny, either; for vanity is a sin for summer. Thou shalt do this in remembrance of me;
for thou knowest who thou art. Yes, I'm looking at thou.
1992 BX 19 TXD Break

Caffiend
Reluctant BXpert

Post by Caffiend »

Good grief ...

First: I was being (obviously not very) funny when I first said:
me wrote:Alloys are so much easier, no wheeltrim trauma
It was also intended as an opinion more than a recommendation.

Second: I should remember that me trying to score points off Mulley never goes well, but never expected my attempted smart-assery to backfire that spectacularly. I found Junkman's post rather amusing actually. If slightly pompous - but hey, we all need to get used to what's effectively an online pub.

Third: Junkman - if that post ^ was aimed at me, I'd just like to point out that I entirely disapprove of RXBX's follow up to mine and certainly never had any intention of questioning your taste (as Mat F has pointed out it would be rather a case of pot, kettle, black if I did :lol: - my BX still has some ways to go, that pic was taken the day I bought it, but it STILL has odd wheels as other stuff is taking priority!).

Once you get used to us all being a bit* barmy, I'm reckoning you'll fit right in, having found the level remarkably quickly here:
Junkman wrote:So please gimme your TZ covers, guys, or I put those on:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-set-4-14-Sp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... 3cca594fb3
and tell everyone I got them from the BX club...
(for clarity: I sniggered).

Fourth: Dollywobbler is right, most of us are nice :)
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
1991 TZD hatch (Triton Green)
1992 Hurricane
Junkman
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Junkman »

RxBX wrote:
Junkman - (On the FCF) wrote:.............................
So 'Baron' - Junkman ! I'm asking here on the BXC (not, via the FCF) forum of your derogatory comment above (I currently don't even run a BX BTW !) ?
Read it again - carefully. If it was meant derogatory at all, then it was meant derogatory towards myself.

As for the Baron, I don't know how you figured it out, but I am in fact the 17th Baron von Zach.

However, I think it is time to revert to some meaningful activities, like mis-matching wheel covers, wheels, tyres, and intoxicating liquors, to name but a few.
1992 BX 19 TXD Break

Wooscary
BXpert

Post by Wooscary »

I'm just amazed there is someone driving a BX around in Stockport! This might raise my spotting chances.
Junkman
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Junkman »

Wooscary wrote:I'm just amazed there is someone driving a BX around in Stockport! This might raise my spotting chances.
Funny. The car has been driven around Stockport for the past 20 years and 190k miles, so if you haven't spotted it yet, something should be arranged to rectify the situation. If this arrangement would involve liquid refreshments, even better.

It is a local car. It was sold new by Citroen Manchester and had only two local owners before I got it.
1992 BX 19 TXD Break

Wooscary
BXpert

Post by Wooscary »

I'm amazed too. I lived in Stockport for 20+ years and still drive through regularly.

Your car does look like one I drove behind briefly on Shaw Road in Heaton Moor a couple
of years ago I think, but can't remember.

I've only seen two others in Stockport, a Meteor that was parked near my Dad's (the guy scrapped it) and a white hatch driving towards me on
the A6. Geekery holds no bounds.