Wanted - Door trim cap

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
mat_fenwick

Wanted - Door trim cap

Post by mat_fenwick »

It's the part where an adjuster would poke through for a manual mirror, only I need the blank cap for an electric mirror. Anybody got a spare one in black please?

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Matt H
1K Away

Re: Wanted - Door trim cap

Post by Matt H »

I've got one you can have!
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Thanks Matt! Received it today :D

1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

I'll have a go as well. I could do with several of the trims for when you HAVE got manual mirrors fitted. I seem to have three broken ones between my two BXs. Not so fussed for the Green Tiger as it's a shed, but the TXD interior looks grotty with a loose trim. Mind you, Rachel snapped the mirror adjuster the other day, so looks like I'll need a new mirror too!
Matt H
1K Away

Post by Matt H »

mat_fenwick wrote:Thanks Matt! Received it today :D
Glad it made it, sorry it took so long :roll:

Sorry Ian, don't have any manual ones...
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

No worries Matt, like I said there was no rush. The post around here won't have helped, I swear they only visit when there's enough to make it worth their while as we only seem to get bundles of post every few days. And even if you're in and they're delivering a parcel, they'll just put the "Could not deliver" card in the post box rather than walking to the front door :roll:

I have one of the ones with a brush, in black. The reason for me needing the cap was that on getting into it the other day, the original was sat in the footwell with a couple of the lugs snapped off. Most bizarre.

1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

Dollywobbler wrote:I'll have a go as well. I could do with several of the trims for when you HAVE got manual mirrors fitted. I seem to have three broken ones between my two BXs. Not so fussed for the Green Tiger as it's a shed, but the TXD interior looks grotty with a loose trim. Mind you, Rachel snapped the mirror adjuster the other day, so looks like I'll need a new mirror too!
Ian, The brittle die-cast lever is fitted onto the end of the mirror control spigot which has a four side tapered fit (A bit like a pyramid) all you need to do is unscrew the small torx/hex. head screw to remove what's left of it and replace it with a good used one !

You should be able to see it thro' the interior trim aperture (Behind the brush seal cover), but you may also need to remove the large foam rubber dust/wind shield grommet too !

You can just see in the image above where the lever connects to the mirror control spigot in the image above :wink:

Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Thanks. Green Tiger has one that's already bodged up so I'll see what I can do.
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

Are your 'fury' covers just suffering from snapped lugs?

I personally just glued mine back onto the 19rd, to change the mirror you just pull the plastic 'handle' off the mirror adjust when you remove the door card. No more rattles, and no more falling off!